Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2016, 04:17 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,373,816 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Blinding believing regarding all, or a just comprehension problem for others ?
Blinded clergy lead a blinded-by-them flock - Acts 20:29-30; 2 Thess. 2:11
Blindly believing is credulity, whereas Jesus based his faith and teachings by his logical reasoning on the old Hebrew Scriptures. If a person wants to believe lies, then God allows that person to be blinded by their wanting to believe lies.
Christians by definition believe in Jesus ( thus that far differs when compared to Old Testament and 2nd)..Whomever believes in the bible MUST read BOTH Testaments)

Some Fundies always seem to go to 1st Testament to prove a point and ignore the teachings of Jesus..Meanwhile, ignorance of the BASIC's get ignored s well!!
Golden Rule (Do unto others as they would do unto YOU)..Brother's keeper concept...But it appears so many have adopted old testament condemnation of sin..even though..Christ ( according to Christian belief) came into this world wo atone for failings, sins or choices that caused HARM...

Some Poster's have NO Mercy..Some Posters want to excuse horrendous crimes by blaming others..THERE is a reason why Original Founders of USA and it's Constitution wanted division of CHURCH and STATE..Because from whence they came..Religious rules of THAT time were applied..unfairly and without compassion for anything ..

I happen to believe and it's my Opinion Only..Jesus wether a Son of God or a Prophet..was saying.. God ( the Father) now see's by giving free choice to human's and demanding obedience wasn't working..Thus Jesus came, preached, healed and tried to promote compassion and need for tolerance...Greed for the sake of Profit isn't what is the goal..

In the Meantime..Capitalism if viewed thru the lense of business that was adopted..appears find..however..THOSE that HOLD that power ( Corporations) have taken over ( especially since the SCOTUS ruling of Citizens United) ..Corporations are People too?? GMAFB

God, for those that believe in him want's any human to LEARN..thru mistakes, atone for them..give back etc..Fundies..Judge ( where that God's decision..NO base human) ..Why isn't that Bible scripture ever repeated .."Judge NOT least WE be Judged" ??
When I say this..It mean's whatever judgement a human applies is strictly a person biased opinion..as when God or Supreme Being Judges the whole picture NOT the snapshot..Human's ASSume a lot!!

Matthew 7:1 - "Judge Not, That You Be Not Judged."

"Judge Not, That You Be Not Judged."

Matthew 7:1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2016, 04:41 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,968,601 times
The reason we are to ' judge not ' is in connection to personal judgement because God's judgement on matters is already recorded in Scripture ( such as Hebrews 13:4 ) for all to read.

The judges of Psalm 82 were human judges who were to use God's recorded judgement in order to judge between right or wrong.

' judge not ' in personal matters would include Not judging another as to impute a bad or wrong motive to another. Also, such as Not seeing the rafter in one's own eye.....

Old 09-04-2016, 06:58 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,044,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
More hubris. YOU know--only you. The life experiences of half a dozen others is BS when compared to your pride.

BTW, I find it odd that you think I should give credence to the life experiences of half a dozen of others here, when you don't give any credence to the life experiences of the people of the bible, including the disciples and the ones of the OT. But I should listen to YOU? Peace

Old 09-04-2016, 07:06 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
I know what it is to experience reality beyond the senses and what I find there is nothing like the nonsense you propound. I cannot imagine what kind of experiences led you to your current irrational mode of thought but I am certain it had nothing to do with God. Caveat Superbia.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
BTW, I find it odd that you think I should give credence to the life experiences of half a dozen of others here, when you don't give any credence to the life experiences of the people of the bible, including the disciples and the ones of the OT. But I should listen to YOU? Peace
The life experiences of the people of the Bible were experiences of ignorant primitives and superstitious barbarians, not remotely equivalent to modern educated and civilized people. Why do you listen to them as if they were educated and civilized???

Old 09-04-2016, 07:08 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,044,653 times
Quote:
The life experiences of the people of the Bible were experiences of ignorant primitives and superstitious barbarians, not remotely equivalent to modern educated and civilized people. Why do you listen to them as if they were educated and civilized???

Sad, just sad. May He open your eyes. Peace

Old 09-04-2016, 08:47 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
To be as blind as you?

Old 09-04-2016, 09:09 PM

32,516 posts, read 37,183,567 times
Quote:
Translation: You don't believe what I believe so you're just wrong, wrong, wrong!!

Old 09-04-2016, 11:24 PM

23,161 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:

There would be no civilization without the law, it just wouldn't be. The life of luxury filled without much war is given to you by civil minded people over thousands of years, and whether we evolved or there was a God in charge, your entire civil life has been carved out by the law of God whether you know it or not.

There is no civilization with God and you can look to any primitive tribe in the world still extant and their laws of cleanliness and of civil justice doesn't even rank in any kind of comparison. What you have from the law of God is grace and mercy with a civil people that let's you live from what has come from Torah.

Take away the Torah and you have nothing, you ARE in fact a result of THOUSANDS of years of civilization built upon the law of God.

You take away the good laws of the bible and take away everything written in the bible and we would have not had radio by now.

Old 09-04-2016, 11:33 PM

23,161 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Those who know God see the obvious.

If you are looking at God like he wanted the blood of Bulls, then you are looking at God wrong, you have not seen what he is showing, you have not heard what he is saying.

I Waited Patiently for the Lord
…5Many, O LORD my God, are the wonders which You have done, And Your thoughts toward us; There is none to compare with You. If I would declare and speak of them, They would be too numerous to count. 6Sacrifice and meal offering You have not desired; My ears You have opened; Burnt offering and sin offering You have not required. 7Then I said, "Behold, I come; In the scroll of the book it is written of me.…

Hebrews 10:5
Therefore, when Christ came into the world, He said: "Sacrifice and offering You did not desire, but a body You prepared for me.

Hebrews 10:6
In burnt offerings and sin offerings You took no delight.

Hebrews 10:8
In the passage above He says, "Sacrifices and offerings, burnt offerings and sin offerings You did not desire, nor did You delight in them" (although they are required by the Law).

1 Samuel 15:22
Samuel said, "Has the LORD as much delight in burnt offerings and sacrifices As in obeying the voice of the LORD? Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, And to heed than the fat of rams.

Psalm 40:7
Then I said, "Behold, I come; In the scroll of the book it is written of me.

Psalm 50:8
"I do not reprove you for your sacrifices, And your burnt offerings are continually before Me.

Psalm 51:16
For You do not delight in sacrifice, otherwise I would give it; You are not pleased with burnt offering.

Isaiah 1:11
"What are your multiplied sacrifices to Me?" Says the LORD. "I have had enough of burnt offerings of rams And the fat of fed cattle; And I take no pleasure in the blood of bulls, lambs or goats.

Isaiah 50:5
The Lord GOD has opened My ear; And I was not disobedient Nor did I turn back.

Jeremiah 6:20
"For what purpose does frankincense come to Me from Sheba And the sweet cane from a distant land? Your burnt offerings are not acceptable And your sacrifices are not pleasing to Me."
Treasury of Scripture
Sacrifice and offering you did not desire; my ears have you opened: burnt offering and sin offering have you not required.
Sacrifice
Psalm 50:8 I will not reprove you for your sacrifices or your burnt offerings, …
Psalm 51:16 For you desire not sacrifice; else would I give it: you delight not …
1 Samuel 15:22 And Samuel said, Has the LORD as great delight in burnt offerings …
Isaiah 1:11 To what purpose is the multitude of your sacrifices to me? said the …
Isaiah 66:3 He that kills an ox is as if he slew a man; he that sacrifices a …
Jeremiah 7:21-23 Thus said the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Put your burnt offerings …
Hosea 6:6 For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God …
Matthew 9:13 But go you and learn what that means, I will have mercy, and not …
Matthew 12:7 But if you had known what this means, I will have mercy, and not …
Hebrews 10:5-12 Why when he comes into the world, he said, Sacrifice and offering …

HE WANTS YOU TO SACRIFICE YOURSELF!

Behold, the volume of the book is of you.

The entire law is summed up as love.

Old 09-05-2016, 01:44 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,715,732 times
Quote:
You don't believe it As FOOLS do? Talk to me more about pride. And I'm not lording anything over anybody. I have shown the patterns that you can't see, and won't humble yourself to even consider. THAT is what really goads your flesh, the truth. Peace
The soul sickness of fundamentalism, is one that is virtually impossible to escape without an open mind to learning the context in which Scripture was written (all ancient literature has elements of the fantastical---including Beowulf written in the sixth century and thought by some to be an exaggeration of a real man--see Pace University's THE HISTORY OF BEOWULF). Much of the OT for sure was written as poetry and myth---the purpose being to explain why the early Hebrews were selected by God. It was never intended to be "real" history.

Yet, like the Pharisees you emulate (quite well I believe) you refuse to study the myriad of views regarding Scripture. If the Spirit of God were truly in you then there would be no fear. You are a frightened woman clinging desperately to interpretations God left behind decades ago. You don't even understand how NT writers intentionally misquoted OT Scripture or, in some cases, quoted "apocryphal" writings to make their point. That's a pattern you fail to see let alone comprehend.

God is calling for you to truly study Scripture and throw away the Sunday School lessons that comprise your "faith." But He will not strive much longer as there are others who need to be converted from their biblical pride.

And because you do not study, you cannot see the God revealing Himself for the 21st century. My flesh is not goaded by a foolish woman sticking her head down like an ostrich, let alone my spirit. I write for your benefit in obedience to God---and for the benefit of young people to warn them from the "ethereal" garbage you spew to look important to others. You are just another claiming not to hate, all the while pointing fingers with regard to YOUR views of sin in others.

May your delusions soon be dispelled so you can start the journey toward the Peace you've bypassed with the Book.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity