Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is There A Third Testament?
Yes 3 17.65%
No 4 23.53%
Maybe there will be a third Testament later. 5 29.41%
Maybe there is a Third Testament now and Some people have it. 2 11.76%
O Hannibal! Why I outta! 5 29.41%
If somebdy had a third testament, I wished they would write it down for me. 1 5.88%
What, wait, what? 3 17.65%
Freaking flies! 2 11.76%
Isn't two Testaments enough? OMG, Don't tell me another is coming, dang the bad luck! 0 0%
Bring it Hannibal! 2 11.76%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2016, 03:30 PM

23,164 posts, read 10,455,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizio View Post
Jesus often explained them. I'll go with what he said.

Why do you believe the every detail of a parable has a special meaning?

What's the punch line of the story? It's that some were not ready when the bridegroom came. Likewise, there will be plenty of people that are in the visible church, but aren't ready when Christ comes back. The oil MAY speak of the Holy Spirit who is in every believer (and not in unbelievers), but I don't see Christ saying that in the text. To assign meaning where it isn't stated is to add to the text.

And you are reading into the text what isn't there. You're adding to the Word of God.

What is important is for you to know what that oil is in order to help others purchase it.

Yes, every word has it's meaning.

Those ten virgins are a legal congregation meaning that when Jesus said it, he said it only about his congregation.

The kingdom of heaven is only as ten virgins AFTER the servant is cut if half for not watching, this cutting in half is a division, and the servant has now been cut in half because the servant was one man, a Jew and a gentile of Ephraim but just as it was on the day Israel departed from Judah, it is also like the day Gentiles separated from Judah and the servant has now been cut in half because the brotherhood of Ephraim and Judah was as a stick in the hand of God when he took it and broke it in two because one people left the other and thereby leaving the covenant.

Now it is up to a wise virgin to fix that broken covenant, hence, the vessel, hence the oil.

A vessel is a person Vizio.

You have to have an extra vessel and you have to spend your time and money buying oil to fill that vessel in order to receive the oil, in order to be called,'' a son of oil,'' and if it is a true son of oil, then God is going to anoint his head with oil and this doesn't mean that he has gifts, he receives the oil because he has become a priest and so it is the oil of teaching. First he has to find an extra vessel and then he must purchase the oil.

In that parable, it is obvious that if you don't have an extra vessel already filled with oil, you be in trouble.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2016, 10:08 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,970,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Who believes there is a third Testament?
I do, and so do 15.6 million others like me.

Old 08-19-2016, 12:55 AM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I do, and so do 15.6 million others like me.
Now, Katz, I know my writings are revolutionary and extraordinarily inspired and insightful and consistent with scientific knowledge to date, but a New Testament with so many followers???? I am humbled, but It can't be true.

Old 08-19-2016, 05:38 AM

1,419 posts, read 1,048,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Well, I have to disagree with you on PARDES, because the SPIRIT had me studying exactly that way from day one and I had no one telling me what to, or how to study, because I shut them all out wanting the Spirit of the Lord to make good on His promise of being our teacher, because I had NO IDEA, who had the truth and who didn't.

What about Him being the Rock that water came forth out of? What about Passover being fulfilled spiritually in you? I know you don't believe in Pentecost being fulfilled spiritually in you, because you listened to men who haven't experienced it, and their twisting of the word to disannul it, according to your own testimony regarding your investigation of it.

While I respect your stand on what you DO believe in, there's a whole lot there you are missing. The patterns are there for confirmation, and we are supposed to study them. Thus it says it's the glory of kings to search out a matter, and He has hidden things for us to find with diligent searching.

The Word is like the heavens and the earth. All sorts of valuable things are found in it. Gold, diamonds, rubies, emeralds, oil, pearls and colors in the shellfish of it, linen and grains for bread from the plant kingdom, blood and coverings from the animal kingdom, fish from the sea. All of these things I've mentioned and more, have spiritual meanings and you wouldn't deny them, would you? So why deny the meanings hidden even deeper in the Word? Are they any less valuable do you think, or even more so, given the extraordinary lengths He went to, to hide them?

The simple truth is, He has prepared a banquet for us. Not everyone is going to prefer to stay on the same foods forever, neither should they, as we are to grow from glory (terrestrial or naturally minded) to glory (celestial or spiritually minded). We all start with the former, and as we are obedient in the things revealed, He keeps on revealing (as we keep on applying that wisdom gleaned). This is how we are changed, as we behold Him in His Word with the light/wine of the Spirit, partaking of true communion with Him. Those that hunger (the bread) and thirst (the wine), shall be filled.

Bon Appetit, everyone.....Peace

PS. Hannibal are friends now, and as friends, we have friendly exchanges both on where we agree, and where we differ, behind the scenes. And as I just told him today, should He quicken something to me that would cause me to see everything we currently disagree on, "his" way, then I have no problem with that at all.

The key is, HE has to quicken it to me, or like anything else, up to that point, it's just an opinion to me, EVEN IF IT'S CORRECT, because we cannot by taking thought add one cubit to our stature, the stature of Christ within.

Thus it's possible to know with your carnal mind something is TRUTH, and it STILL not profit you, because unless the Spirit of the Lord builds the house, they labor in vain.
I respect you brother, we may not agree on all points but I love you as a brother in Christ and I can see your spiritual insights are indeed of the Holy Spirit. Yes we indeed need to have true communion with Yeshua, we see Him in the Word through the Spirit and it fills our hearts with joy right? And that comphrehension of Christ by faith is our very life and soul, also the means through which we grow in wisdom and understanding. I know the flesh profits nothing, I know by the deeds of the Law shall no flesh be justified. I know I have received eternal life and joy and happiness for free through faith in Jesus Christ, though I justly deserved eternal damnation.

Now since I came to faith, I have really received a sense of the eternal weight of things. I don't know if you believe in eternal punishment in hell? But I do, and I believe it's Biblical. I think the only reason we are not with our Lord, but here on earth, is so others might come to faith and receive that same salvation. We are not here for ourselves, not for our own spiritual growth and understanding, that will be perfect when we will be joined with our Lord. The reason we are here on earth and not in heaven, is because others need salvation, and we are a tool in the Lords hand to preach the Gospel to all creatures. That is the thing we won't be able to do in heaven, but we can do here on earth. And that is why to me that's the only priority.

Forget about mystical and deep spiritual insights in the virgins and the lamps and Judah and Ephraim etc. It's not of much worth imo, unless it is profitable for an unbeliever that is heading for eternal damnation and needs the grace of God through faith in Yeshua. And while there is a time and place for everything, I think this forum is a place where there are so many unbelievers (like Hannibal) that do not know the very basics of the Gospel. So I think it would be a good goal to communicate the Gospel clearly so unbelievers can understand it and come to Christ for salvation, since that is what I believe we are here on earth for.

Old 08-19-2016, 10:45 AM

2,186 posts, read 1,172,237 times
Wouldn't the third novel of the fiction books be "The Book of Mormon"?

Old 08-19-2016, 11:04 AM

1,507 posts, read 1,380,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maat55 View Post
Wouldn't the third novel of the fiction books be "The Book of Mormon"?

And it came to pass that the book for Mormon was basically claimed to be the Third testament...

And it came to pass that a lot of people came to believe in it...

And it came to pass that it didn't bother anyone that God would write "It came to pass" over a 1000 times on some Plates...

And it came to pass that South Park would make a near perfect debunking of it...(sings) dum dum dum dum dum!

Old 08-19-2016, 11:08 AM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times
Quote:
What is important is for you to know what that oil is in order to help others purchase it.

Yes, every word has it's meaning.

Those ten virgins are a legal congregation meaning that when Jesus said it, he said it only about his congregation.

The kingdom of heaven is only as ten virgins AFTER the servant is cut if half for not watching, this cutting in half is a division, and the servant has now been cut in half because the servant was one man, a Jew and a gentile of Ephraim but just as it was on the day Israel departed from Judah, it is also like the day Gentiles separated from Judah and the servant has now been cut in half because the brotherhood of Ephraim and Judah was as a stick in the hand of God when he took it and broke it in two because one people left the other and thereby leaving the covenant.

Now it is up to a wise virgin to fix that broken covenant, hence, the vessel, hence the oil.

A vessel is a person Vizio.

You have to have an extra vessel and you have to spend your time and money buying oil to fill that vessel in order to receive the oil, in order to be called,'' a son of oil,'' and if it is a true son of oil, then God is going to anoint his head with oil and this doesn't mean that he has gifts, he receives the oil because he has become a priest and so it is the oil of teaching. First he has to find an extra vessel and then he must purchase the oil.

In that parable, it is obvious that if you don't have an extra vessel already filled with oil, you be in trouble.
You're missing the forest for the trees. I'm sorry, but Jesus never intended for us to allegorize every word he uttered. You don't do that with any other genre of literature.

Old 08-19-2016, 11:37 AM

Quote:
You're missing the forest for the trees. I'm sorry, but Jesus never intended for us to allegorize every word he uttered. You don't do that with any other genre of literature.

Vizio, Pick any parable you wish and explain it to me.

Old 08-19-2016, 12:07 PM

19,942 posts, read 17,195,902 times
Quote:
Vizio, Pick any parable you wish and explain it to me.
I already have. And you woefully missed the point.

Old 08-19-2016, 12:14 PM

Quote:
I already have. And you woefully missed the point.

You mean a conversation we had in another thread about how you thought you could buy that oil as if buying the Holy spirit as in that parable of the ten virgins?

I think that was you or am I wrong?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity