Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2017, 12:02 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,807,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonytonytony View Post
You can be a devoted Christian and enjoy entertainers like Peabo Bryson and Kirk Whallum every week.

You can be a devoted Christian and enjoy chess with friends 5 days a week all over the world.

You can be a devoted Christian and enjoy NBA basketball all the time.

Devoted doesn't have to mean a stuck up book worm just strict enough.

Consider application of 1 Thess. 5:12 for the future.
Thankyou tony. It's kind of you to be so considerate. Not many would take even a minute out of their time to even consider.

May the Good Lord give you many blessings.
Though I imagine he already has.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2017, 01:06 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
Satan is the serpent of Genesis - Revelation 12:9,12 - who brought ' woe ' to us on Earth. - James 1:13-15
No...He is not...

Old 04-09-2017, 04:24 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,965,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubble99 View Post
I know the bible talks about sin and not breaking the rules and if you break the rules you than sin. I know it talks about Heaven and Hell.
But it seems to spend well more time talking about the person and for the person not to sin. But can bad souls, demons, evil cause the person to sin?
What do these bad souls, demons and evil want? Do they what you to sin or to cause pain or suffering? Can hell being well spirit world or other dimension or what ever you want to call it can also cause some people to sin?
What do these bad souls, demons and evil want? Or are there different bad souls, demons and evil that want different things.
What does the bible say about the bad souls, demons and evil? And what do they want and what are they doing?
In the paradisical Garden of Eden demonic Satan wanted humans to worship him.
Since Satan beings ' woe ' to Earth according to Revelation 12:9,12 then he is like the puppeteer pulling the behind-the-scenes strings. Having the 'power of the air' - Ephesians 2:2. Air waves such as immortal TV/ Movie entertainment.
Bad associations can cause a person to sin - 1st Corinthians 15:33
Bad souls or wicked souls will be destroyed forever - Acts 3:23; Psalm 92:7
Even wicked sinner Satan will be destroyed by Jesus according to Hebrews 2:14 B.
Satan ends up in a symbolic ' second death ' according to Revelation 21:8
So, ' second death ' is a fitting term for: destruction.
We all have the choice to either ' repent ' or ' perish ' ( be destroyed ) - 2nd Peter 3:9

Old 04-10-2017, 12:25 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,709,508 times
Satan is the one who tempted Jesus in the wilderness.

Satan is our adversary.

Satan is the carnal mind of man telling him to disobey God.

Satan is that one who whispers lies and tells us that we can lie, cheat and steal our way to the top.

Satan is the spirit of anti-Christ. This is why Jesus rebuked Peter by saying to him "Get thee behind me, Satan"

The command “Get behind me, Satan,” spoken to Peter by Jesus, is recorded in Matthew 16:23 and Mark 8:33. “Get behind me, Satan” seems harsh and out of character for Jesus, especially when addressing Peter, one of His most devout disciples. Why did Jesus say this? What was it Peter did to deserve such a rebuke? Without knowing it, Peter was speaking for Satan.

Jesus had just revealed to His disciples for the first time the plan: He was to go to Jerusalem to suffer, die, and be raised to life (Matthew 16:21; Mark 8:31). Contrary to their expectations of Him, Jesus explained that He had not come to establish an earthly Messianic kingdom at that time. The disciples were not prepared for this new revelation of the Messiah’s purpose. Though Peter understood His words, he simply could not reconcile his view of the conquering Messiah with the suffering and death Jesus spoke of. So Peter “began to rebuke Him” for having such a fatalistic mindset.

Unwittingly, Peter was speaking for Satan. Like Jesus’ adversary, Peter was not setting his mind on the things of God—His ways, His plans, and His purposes (Colossians 3:2; Isaiah 55:8-9). Instead, his mind was set on the things of man, the things of the world and its earthly values. Jesus was saying that the way of the cross was God’s will, the plan of redemption for all mankind. Peter’s reaction was most likely shared by the other disciples although, as always, it was Peter who spoke first. Peter was inadvertently being used of Satan in thinking he was protecting Jesus. Satan had purposely tempted Jesus in the wilderness to divert Him from the cross, from fulfilling the grand design of the Father and the Son (Mark 1:12-13). Innocently, Peter was doing the same thing. He had not yet grasped Jesus’ true Messianic purpose.

Source: https://www.gotquestions.org/get-behind-me-Satan.html

Old 04-10-2017, 01:33 AM

23,161 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Satan is the one who tempted Jesus in the wilderness.

Satan is our adversary.

Satan is the carnal mind of man telling him to disobey God.

Satan is that one who whispers lies and tells us that we can lie, cheat and steal our way to the top.

Satan is the spirit of anti-Christ. This is why Jesus rebuked Peter by saying to him "Get thee behind me, Satan"

The command “Get behind me, Satan,†spoken to Peter by Jesus, is recorded in Matthew 16:23 and Mark 8:33. “Get behind me, Satan†seems harsh and out of character for Jesus, especially when addressing Peter, one of His most devout disciples. Why did Jesus say this? What was it Peter did to deserve such a rebuke? Without knowing it, Peter was speaking for Satan.

Jesus had just revealed to His disciples for the first time the plan: He was to go to Jerusalem to suffer, die, and be raised to life (Matthew 16:21; Mark 8:31). Contrary to their expectations of Him, Jesus explained that He had not come to establish an earthly Messianic kingdom at that time. The disciples were not prepared for this new revelation of the Messiah’s purpose. Though Peter understood His words, he simply could not reconcile his view of the conquering Messiah with the suffering and death Jesus spoke of. So Peter “began to rebuke Him†for having such a fatalistic mindset.

Unwittingly, Peter was speaking for Satan. Like Jesus’ adversary, Peter was not setting his mind on the things of God—His ways, His plans, and His purposes (Colossians 3:2; Isaiah 55:8-9). Instead, his mind was set on the things of man, the things of the world and its earthly values. Jesus was saying that the way of the cross was God’s will, the plan of redemption for all mankind. Peter’s reaction was most likely shared by the other disciples although, as always, it was Peter who spoke first. Peter was inadvertently being used of Satan in thinking he was protecting Jesus. Satan had purposely tempted Jesus in the wilderness to divert Him from the cross, from fulfilling the grand design of the Father and the Son (Mark 1:12-13). Innocently, Peter was doing the same thing. He had not yet grasped Jesus’ true Messianic purpose.

Source: https://www.gotquestions.org/get-behind-me-Satan.html

Those disciples wanted to do the works of Elijah, same thing.

Was Elijah righteous when he called fire down from heaven devouring those troops?

One would think so, but then God told him outright, '' I aint in your fire.''

Old 04-10-2017, 02:07 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,709,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Those disciples wanted to do the works of Elijah, same thing.

Was Elijah righteous when he called fire down from heaven devouring those troops?

One would think so, but then God told him outright, '' I aint in your fire.''
Some things never change.

Old 04-10-2017, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Some things never change.
I believe it's Hans way of giving hints that there might be more if you seek the Kingdom first.

All of the Law and the prophets hang on these.

Yes, some thing's never change.

Old 04-10-2017, 04:45 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
In the paradisical Garden of Eden demonic Satan wanted humans to worship him.
Where do you find this in the Tanakh?...

Old 04-10-2017, 05:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Where do you find this in the Tanakh?...
As is already known of tyre.
Read rashis commentary, It's there in the prophets.
Although the source isn't mentioned. I have a theory about the source.

“Ephraim is joined: although he worships idols, let him alone.” Strife, however, is hated, as it is said: “Their heart has parted; now they will be guilty.” Satan can open his mouth to bring charges. [from unknown Midrashic source]

Richard. If you are ex military, you should have some understanding of environmental conditioning.
Though things are different with the proud and haughty which can be plainly read.

Idolatry has grown quite rampant.
Which leads to a habitation of devils.

Last edited by pinacled; 04-10-2017 at 05:55 AM..

Old 04-10-2017, 06:03 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,822 times
Quote:
Satan is the one who tempted Jesus in the wilderness

Was Satan unaware that jesus was satans creator? Think
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity