Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2017, 08:58 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,709,120 times

Advertisements

Do you believe there will be one last terrible World War?

I do believe in the battle of Armageddon that Jesus foretold in Matthew 24 and I am troubled by the idea of my children having to go through such a time. I keep up with a lot of global news and events and can see signs of a nuclear war ramping up. How am I supposed to not be concerned about it? I mean, I realize that I can't change whatever will be, but isn't it normal for me to be concerned?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2017, 09:16 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,614,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post

I do believe in the battle of Armageddon that Jesus foretold in Matthew 24 and I am troubled by the idea of my children having to go through such a time. I keep up with a lot of global news and events and can see signs of a nuclear war ramping up. How am I supposed to not be concerned about it? I mean, I realize that I can't change whatever will be, but isn't it normal for me to be concerned?
Become pro-active. Contact your Legislators. Go to their town halls. Visit their offices. Let them know your worries.

Many of them claim to know God. Use that knowledge to make change. Write letters. Write to your local paper.

You believe in Armageddon. Nothing says it has to happen in this millennium unless you do nothing.

Old 03-14-2017, 09:20 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,165,048 times
Only the unsaved will go into the Trib......those believers in the "body of Christ" will be taken out and raptured to heaven......so the idea is to figure out how to get into the body of Christ believers........

Old 03-14-2017, 09:42 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,918,865 times
Matt 6:34

Old 03-14-2017, 09:45 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,219,613 times
Quote:

Beat your plowshares into swords and your pruning hooks into spears. Let the weakling say, "I am strong!"

Old 03-14-2017, 09:45 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,491,540 times
Quote:

No it's not normal since Jesus said:
All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me." Matthew 28:18
which means Jesus currently is in his millennial reign \ rule:
"Then the end will come, when he hands over the kingdom to God the Father after he has
destroyed all dominion, authority and power. For he must reign until he has put all his enemies under his feet.
The last enemy to be destroyed is death."
1 Corinthians 15:24-26
In other words everything that happens is per Jesus' authority ... so don't be concerned about Millennialist stratosphere of their own esoteric speculations. They belong to the scoffers who, Peter warned, would come, 'scoffing and following their own evil desires'
(2 Peter 3:3).

Last edited by twin.spin; 03-14-2017 at 09:57 AM..

Old 03-14-2017, 09:46 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,943,926 times
Armegedon is coming; the armies of this world will take sides with Lucifer to wage war against the Lion of the tribe of Judah (Jesus) and the armies of Heaven. The spirit of the antichrist is already strong in the earth, so it may well happen in our lifetime.

Old 03-14-2017, 10:04 AM

20,441 posts, read 12,786,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vf6cruiser View Post
Only the unsaved will go into the Trib......those believers in the "body of Christ" will be taken out and raptured to heaven......so the idea is to figure out how to get into the body of Christ believers........
This ^^^

Old 03-14-2017, 10:20 AM

19,028 posts, read 27,592,838 times
Oh c'mon, OP. This saying is how old? Couple thousand years? How many wars were in that time? heck, plague erased 75% of Europe population once.
And you are sitting there having nothing better to worry about than a 2 thousand year expression that, most likely, has some deep proverbial meaning as Christ spoke only in parables.
And it was ALWAYS "tomorrow" when end of the world will be - and it's still out my window.
Seriously.....

Old 03-14-2017, 10:40 AM

33,230 posts, read 26,440,532 times
Quote:

The Bible describes the Armageddon campaign as the last military campaign of the Tribulation in which the armies of the world attack Jerusalem. Revelation 16:12-16 is the only passage in which the word Armageddon is mentioned. It's also referred to in that passage as the war of the great day of God, the Almighty. Ezekiel 38:16 says that the armies will cover the land (of Israel) like a cloud.

Zechariah 14:2 states that God will gather all the nations against Jerusalem to battle, and that the city will be captured, the houses plundered, the women ravished, and half of the city exiled, but the rest of the people will not be cut off from the city.

It's at that time that the LORD will go forth and fight against those nations (Zech. 14:3). This is the return of Jesus as described in Revelation 19:11-21 when with a word Jesus will literally destroy the armies that are attacking Jerusalem and who attempt to oppose Him. At that time the beast and the false prophet will be thrown alive into the lake of fire while the rest are killed with the sword that comes from the mouth of Him who sat on the horse with reference to Jesus (Revelation 19:-21). The slaughter will be great and is referred to in Revelation 19:17 as the great supper of God to which an angel calls the birds to assemble so that they may eat the flesh of the slain (Rev. 19:17-18). Jesus alludes to this in Matthew 24:28 in which He says, ''Wherever the corpse is, there the vultures will gather.''

The meek and mild Jesus, the Lamb of God who spoke about loving your neighbor is also the Lion of Judah, and He will Moderator cut: inappropriate language when He returns.

But the church will not go through the Tribulation. Indeed, the church will return with Jesus at the end of the Tribulation. If you are a church-age believer you need not be concerned about the Tribulation, including the Armageddon campaign at the end of the Tribulation.

Last edited by june 7th; 03-14-2017 at 11:50 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity