Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2008, 09:00 AM

265 posts, read 615,606 times

Advertisements

I got this web site in an email and wanted to share.

Has anyone other than me heard about this movement to teach about a New Age CHRIST?
Those who finish the Course will have a wholly redefined spiritual mindset, so it's been said -- a New Age worldview that include the beliefs that there is no sin, no evil, no devil. A Course in Miracles teaches its students to rethink everything they believe about God and life, and, bluntly states: "This is a course in mind training" and is dedicated to "thought reversal"

http://www.crossroad.to/articles2/007/smith-oprah.htm

has anyone heard about this in their church? please feel free to share what you think of this.
I'm just curious, and if this is already a post or thread then feel free to just direct me please. thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2008, 09:50 AM

23,019 posts, read 34,390,903 times
This does not surprise me. Ecclesiastes 1:9 says there is nothing new under the sun. The New Age way of thinking says Jesus is "a way" not "the"way to God, but Jesus said He is the ONLY way

Old 03-06-2008, 03:30 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,943,456 times
And just how many women actually, follow Oprah and believe her every word. I stopped watching her 12 years ago, when I saw here changing. Oprah changed from talk show host, to convincing women, she was the women of KNOWLEDGE. The following is just amazing, scary women.

What most surprises me is that there are women who would vote her for PRESIDENT!!!!

Old 03-06-2008, 04:36 PM

2,741 posts, read 8,886,463 times
Never saw that site before, but I can't believe the twisted garbage they are teaching. Like: we are supposed to see "God in everything we see". So if we see a seedy massage parlor, a liquor store with drunks passed out in front, a Ku Klux Klan rally, prostitutes standing on the street corner, gangs fighting in a dark alley, etc, etc....then we are supposed to somehow meditate to "see God in it"? Yeah ok...sure. "Whatever"...
I didn't know Oprah was involved with New Age thought, but I guess nothing much surprises me anymore...

Bud

Old 03-06-2008, 05:05 PM

599 posts, read 1,261,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BudinAk View Post
Never saw that site before, but I can't believe the twisted garbage they are teaching. Like: we are supposed to see "God in everything we see". So if we see a seedy massage parlor, a liquor store with drunks passed out in front, a Ku Klux Klan rally, prostitutes standing on the street corner, gangs fighting in a dark alley, etc, etc....then we are supposed to somehow meditate to "see God in it"? Yeah ok...sure. "Whatever"...
I didn't know Oprah was involved with New Age thought, but I guess nothing much surprises me anymore...

Bud
Oh ya, Oprah has been a proponant of New Age thought for many years....seems to be getting more upfront about it in recent years though. She's a huge fan/friend of Marianne Williamson. Marianne Williamson (http://marianne.com/book/index.htm - broken link)
and other New Age authors. I heard Oprah say something on her show years ago that shocked me at the time....speaking to the studio audience she said something to the effect of "you all know that there is more than one way to God right?"

I used to watch her regularly but can't stomach her any more.

Old 03-06-2008, 10:44 PM

1,483 posts, read 1,809,154 times
I dont watch her anymore either, she is a cloud without water...just like in Jude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity