Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2017, 06:36 PM

32,533 posts, read 22,135,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
I guess I don't symbolize the tree as a big principle of God's law. The Lord told Adam not to eat it. So he shouldn't have eaten it. Adam had no idea about a principle of law. He was simply told not to eat from the tree.

The fact that Adam ate from the tree is the manifestation of his lack of faith in the Lord. He chose to put his faith in what the adversary said, and ate from the tree.

Eve died because Adam died. Adam was similar to Christ. If he would have stayed clean, no one would have died.

In the case of Jesus, He was resurrected because He did not sin. God has allowed us to be joined to Him through faith so that His life becomes our life. If Jesus had ever sinned against the Father - we all go down. It was the same in Adam's case. We he sinned, he took down everyone that descended from him.

1 Corinthians 15:17 - if Christ has not been raised, your faith is worthless; you are still in your sins.
No one would have died?...They weren't created immortal...They were created mortal...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2017, 09:42 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,457,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
Knowledge of good and evil was not the sin. Disobaying God was he sin.

Ps 22:17b - They divided My garments and for My clothing they cast lots.

Jn 19:24 - So they said to one another, "Let us not tear it, but cast lots for it, to decide whose it shall be"; this was to fulfill the Scripture, They divided My outer garments among them, and for My clothing they cast lots.
Is your straw the short or longer one?

Old 04-21-2017, 05:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
Ps 22:17b - They divided My garments and for My clothing they cast lots.
Tehillim - Psalms - Chapter 22

19 They share my garments among themselves and cast lots for my raiment.

Rashi's Commentary:

and cast lots for my raiment: They plunder our property.

This has nothing to do with Jesus, it is not a prophecy...

Old 04-21-2017, 09:57 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,218,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Psalms - Chapter 22

This has nothing to do with Jesus, it is not a prophecy...
So verse 1 isn't prophecy either​?

Old 04-21-2017, 10:08 AM

45,778 posts, read 27,429,997 times
Quote:
No one would have died?...They weren't created immortal...They were created mortal...
I believe they were created to be immortal.

Death (both spiritual and physical) was part of the penalty.

Old 04-21-2017, 10:37 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,621,005 times
Quote:
Quote:
I believe they were created to be immortal.

Death (both spiritual and physical) was part of the penalty.

Then what was the purpose for the tree of life?

Genesis 2:9New International Version (NIV)

9 The Lord God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground—trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food. In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

If only the serpent wasn't preprogrammed, by god, and had it's own thoughts to make Eve eat from the tree of life first then the tree of good and evil.

Old 04-21-2017, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15 View Post
Then what was the purpose for the tree of life?

Genesis 2:9New International Version (NIV)

9 The Lord God made all kinds of trees grow out of the ground—trees that were pleasing to the eye and good for food. In the middle of the garden were the tree of life and the tree of the knowledge of good and evil.

If only the serpent wasn't preprogrammed, by god, and had it's own thoughts to make Eve eat from the tree of life first then the tree of good and evil.
The tree of life was for living forever once it was eaten. God put the tree there so that we could live forever. But Adam and Eve never ate from that tree. And once they sinned, the Lord blocked them from the tree because He did not want Adam and to live forever in their sin - which is a good thing that the Lord did.

Genesis 3:22 - Then the LORD God said, "Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil; and now, he might stretch out his hand, and take also from the tree of life, and eat, and live forever"

Old 04-21-2017, 11:38 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,621,005 times
Quote:
The tree of life was for living forever once it was eaten. God put the tree there so that we could live forever. But Adam and Eve never ate from that tree. And once they sinned, the Lord blocked them from the tree because He did not want Adam and to live forever in their sin - which is a good thing that the Lord did.

Genesis 3:22 - Then the LORD God said, "Behold, the man has become like one of Us, knowing good and evil; and now, he might stretch out his hand, and take also from the tree of life, and eat, and live forever"
Now if you were the serpent trying to screw up yahweh's eternal plan, wouldn't make sense to have them both eat from the tree of life first?

Old 04-21-2017, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Now if you were the serpent trying to screw up yahweh's eternal plan, wouldn't make sense to have them both eat from the tree of life first?
I am not the serpent or the adversary, therefore I will not speculate. I will leave that to others with a better knowledge of him.

Old 04-21-2017, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity