Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-23-2017, 11:28 AM

5,912 posts, read 2,615,651 times

Advertisements

lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2017, 11:30 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,740,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Have you ever actually read Enoch?...I have...What in the world are you talking about?...
oh you better re-read it buddy! starting at about the 3 hour mark..and Lemech's and Noah story is shortly after the revelation of Messiah as a white bull and then back to a lamb..Richard.

Old 04-23-2017, 11:32 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,096,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
oh you better re-read it buddy! starting at about the 3 hour mark..and Lemech's and Noah story is shortly after that Richard.
So...No, you haven't actually read Enoch...Got it...

Old 04-23-2017, 01:07 PM

Quote:
So...No, you haven't actually read Enoch...Got it...
read it three times at least and heard it 10 times at least! so tell me all about it when you catch up!

Old 04-23-2017, 01:56 PM

4,765 posts, read 2,000,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Is your straw the short or longer one?
Neither.

Old 04-23-2017, 02:03 PM

4,765 posts, read 2,000,871 times
Quote:
Tehillim - Psalms - Chapter 22

19 They share my garments among themselves and cast lots for my raiment.

Rashi's Commentary:

and cast lots for my raiment: They plunder our property.

This has nothing to do with Jesus, it is not a prophecy...
As much as I respect Rashi, I think he missed to boat on this one. IMO, even the good Jewish commentators try to make and obvious Messianic prophecy Jesus fulfilled, something other than Messianic.

Ps 22 is definitely a Messianic prophecy and when V1 and 18 are fulfilled exactly as written, it makes Jesus the Messiah.

Old 04-23-2017, 10:37 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,715,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
By the sweat of your face You will eat bread, Till you return to the ground, Because from it you were taken; For you are dust, And to dust you shall return."

What does it mean to return to the dust? Physical death.

Spiritual death is separation from God.

Both took place.
But Christianity teaches that the lost are already spiritually dead. Those who do not have the Holy Spirit are ALREADY SPIRITUALLY DEAD, and were born that way (according to many Christian teachers). I don't know why people came along and added a bunch of ridiculous crap about eternal torture except for the purpose of gaining control of the masses and making a lot of money.

Old 04-23-2017, 11:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
But Christianity teaches that the lost are already spiritually dead. Those who do not have the Holy Spirit are ALREADY SPIRITUALLY DEAD, and were born that way (according to many Christian teachers). I don't know why people came along and added a bunch of ridiculous crap about eternal torture except for the purpose of gaining control of the masses and making a lot of money.
rain no one knows what was taken and what will be restored.
but whatever first Adam lost ... second Adam will restore if not more of it .
but what if it is eternal life instantly restored one day ?

but only those who have New bodies will have bodies?
I mean that is what a demon is! a being with awareness but no body to inhabit .... while searching in waterless places where there is no rest, no warmth , and no connection to life.
Eternal awareness is not eternal life!!! I say it is eternal death that you are aware your dead and Not LIVING at all, or in anyway are you " Alive" !

SO without a glorified body/ born anew being for our purified and made perfected spirit to inhabit , your aware your dead . that is what a demon is eternally dead but aware of how not alive they really are .

gee an un glorified soul with out a body at best is wandering in the dark "outside where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth " looking for any kind of life to inhabit/possess , even a herd of pigs well might help them feeeeel connected to any kind of " LIFE" .. but they are not really alive , awareness is not life ! thus eternal awareness isn't eternal life either . but "the eternal" is what I think will be restored no matter where the soul chose to Live in or hide from .
Now personally that kind of aware and with no body to share and participate in Life with .. well sounds like all kinds of hell to me.. it isn't like He didn't warn us he would restore the "eternal " to mankind. that is what the 1st Adam and second Adam is all about! what was lost will be restored! for all willing to live with him and his Father asked for a new body and did what it takes to receive His life so that we can be eternally alive! Enoch saw it and all mankind knows it is coming ever since Enoch recorded it .. mankind knows it if they admit it or not.

Last edited by n..Xuipa; 04-23-2017 at 11:14 PM..

Old 04-24-2017, 12:20 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,096,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
As much as I respect Rashi, I think he missed to boat on this one. IMO, even the good Jewish commentators try to make and obvious Messianic prophecy Jesus fulfilled, something other than Messianic.

Ps 22 is definitely a Messianic prophecy and when V1 and 18 are fulfilled exactly as written, it makes Jesus the Messiah.
Psalms are songs not prophecy...

Old 04-24-2017, 01:56 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,715,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
rain no one knows what was taken and what will be restored.
but whatever first Adam lost ... second Adam will restore if not more of it .
but what if it is eternal life instantly restored one day ?

but only those who have New bodies will have bodies?
I mean that is what a demon is! a being with awareness but no body to inhabit .... while searching in waterless places where there is no rest, no warmth , and no connection to life.
Eternal awareness is not eternal life!!! I say it is eternal death that you are aware your dead and Not LIVING at all, or in anyway are you " Alive" !

SO without a glorified body/ born anew being for our purified and made perfected spirit to inhabit , your aware your dead . that is what a demon is eternally dead but aware of how not alive they really are .

gee an un glorified soul with out a body at best is wandering in the dark "outside where there is weeping and gnashing of teeth " looking for any kind of life to inhabit/possess , even a herd of pigs well might help them feeeeel connected to any kind of " LIFE" .. but they are not really alive , awareness is not life ! thus eternal awareness isn't eternal life either . but "the eternal" is what I think will be restored no matter where the soul chose to Live in or hide from .
Now personally that kind of aware and with no body to share and participate in Life with .. well sounds like all kinds of hell to me.. it isn't like He didn't warn us he would restore the "eternal " to mankind. that is what the 1st Adam and second Adam is all about! what was lost will be restored! for all willing to live with him and his Father asked for a new body and did what it takes to receive His life so that we can be eternally alive! Enoch saw it and all mankind knows it is coming ever since Enoch recorded it .. mankind knows it if they admit it or not.
That doesn't sound like TOTAL RESTORATION to me nor an end to death. It sounds like one who kind of believes God can do all things, but will not. And it sounds like something coming from someone who desires to hang on to a fear card to play on unwitting readers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity