Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 09:17 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,039,577 times

Advertisements

The natural creation is a reflection of some spiritual attribute He possesses, and the laws that govern it are a reflection of that fact as well. So no small wonder things operate a certain way; they have no choice. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2017, 07:44 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,384,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StilltheSame View Post
The fact that clotting doesn't occur prior to that is incredible. That cannot just be random.
Vitamin K, the clotting agent is higher on that day than any other.

Old 05-18-2017, 11:27 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,016,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StilltheSame View Post
The fact that clotting doesn't occur prior to that is incredible. That cannot just be random.
Also, not just clotting, but the immune system is stronger...

Old 05-18-2017, 12:17 PM

435 posts, read 250,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRANSPONDER View Post
Well, it looks to me like it was a happy accident - that's if you accept he science here. No doubt if there was science that said it had deleterious effects, that would be dismissed as mere human opinion.

But it strikes me that it is odd that if it was such a briliant idea to not have foreskins, that God made us with them - just so we could cut them off.

I have to say, by the way, that his is he first hint I ever heard that foreskin removal somehow benefitted mankind. Human advances in thought and technology don't seem to have been adversely affected by no having a lopped winkie. And if it's so damn' wonderful, how come Jesus in he teatime chats with Paul in heaven didn't tell him to drop his objections to circumcision?

No, I think what you got here is fishing around for science in the Bible - anything that looks like it fits will do, so long as you don't think it through.
Why make men with foreskins "just so we could cut them off"? Besides the medical benefits, there was also at that time the religious matter of obedience to God in doing by faith something apparently pointless and crazy. Those that didn't obey would not partake of the benefits & be considered rebels against God.

The "benefits" of circumcision as it concerns this topic are medical and are easily found with an internet search. Reduced risk of HIV, penile cancer, phimosis, etc.

As for Paul's views of circumcision, he was an apostle regarding spiritual matters, not a scientist or medical researcher. Since his concerns were with doctrine & faith, physical circumcision as it relates to these topics was something of which he could truthfully say that "circumcision is nothing" (1 Cor.7:19).

Old 05-18-2017, 12:27 PM

23,125 posts, read 10,426,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClementofA View Post
Why make men with foreskins "just so we could cut them off"? Besides the medical benefits, there was also at that time the religious matter of obedience to God in doing by faith something apparently pointless and crazy. Those that didn't obey would not partake of the benefits & be considered rebels against God.

The "benefits" of circumcision as it concerns this topic are medical and are easily found with an internet search. Reduced risk of HIV, penile cancer, phimosis, etc.

As for Paul's views of circumcision, he was an apostle regarding spiritual matters, not a scientist or medical researcher. Since his concerns were with doctrine & faith, physical circumcision as it relates to these topics was something of which he could truthfully say that "circumcision is nothing" (1 Cor.7:19).

That's if you really believe that the Jews saw no medical reason in the laws of God and that would be wrong. OF COURSE they knew that there laws made them stick out amongst other people just as they had handled waste and not been prone to the same sicknesses as the majority just like the plague was blamed on them because their practices kept them healthy. I am sure they knew their laws set them apart from many people as a people who were living a much more healthier life.

I am certain they knew God had medical reason for clean and unclean animals and for all the laws they practiced, why wouldn't they be aware of it if problems arose in uncircumcised males then?

They had every reason to believe there was a health benefit from circumcising a child.

Old 05-18-2017, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
That's if you really believe that the Jews saw no medical reason in the laws of God and that would be wrong. OF COURSE they knew that there laws made them stick out amongst other people just as they had handled waste and not been prone to the same sicknesses as the majority just like the plague was blamed on them because their practices kept them healthy. I am sure they knew their laws set them apart from many people as a people who were living a much more healthier life.

I am certain they knew God had medical reason for clean and unclean animals and for all the laws they practiced, why wouldn't they be aware of it if problems arose in uncircumcised males then?

They had every reason to believe there was a health benefit from circumcising a child.
That is good food for thought. It may very well be that the Jews believed certain things brought them health benefits. Otherwise why would God tell them to do such things? Why would they obey? Not having the science that we have today that can confirm such benefits, it required faith on their part in God & His goodness to follow His instructions.

Old 05-18-2017, 01:43 PM

4,685 posts, read 6,133,422 times
Makes you wonder if the Roman Empire destroyed all the bibles back, would there even be many people circumcised today. Pretty much most non religious places in the world are intact. Kinda makes no sense for God to create a man with a foreskin and say, you are perfect in my image, now get a knife and cut it off.

Old 05-18-2017, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
Kinda makes no sense for God to create a man with a foreskin and say, you are perfect in my image, now get a knife and cut it off.
Where does the Bible says man was created "perfect"? After God finished creating in Genesis, i read that He said it was "good". Did that include the talking serpent God put in the garden to deceive Eve? Did that include the fact that man had not partaken of the tree of knowledge of good & evil or the tree of life? How "perfect" can a being be if it has no knowledge of such things?

Do we ever read Adam was filled with God's Spirit? No. How "perfect" can a man be otherwise?

If the man & woman God created before the fall had to go to the bathroom, how "perfect" were they? Do the angels in heaven do that?

The man God created was not "perfect" but lacking in a number of ways.

As for cutting (e.g. circumcision), if the first couple needed to cut their hair & finger nails, because that's how God made them, how "perfect" is that?

In modern times a lot of people get cosmetic surgery to change their looks.

Maybe in the beginning there was little or no risk of things like STI's. So it could have been better to be uncircumcised at that point in time.

Later, knowing the future would bring STIs & other problems, God said to circumcise.

Last edited by ClementofA; 05-18-2017 at 07:11 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity