Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2017, 11:05 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,807,698 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
AMEN Lord open the eyes of your people to see past the outer court, to see where you ARE, not where you've BEEN. Peace
There are two approaches to righteousness.

The first is our shield. The other is something else.

Hey pretty lady, steadfastness with baptism is important.
Fresh water, salt water.
Yet the mikvah is something I would of hoped you would teach the young ladies about.
The course yochannan as the son of a high priest is not to be dismissed. A high priest of the order of entering once a year fullfills what is written. And there was a woman also that spoke in due course, as is written.

Old 07-25-2017, 02:19 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,044,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
There are two approaches to righteousness.

The first is our shield. The other is something else.

Hey pretty lady, steadfastness with baptism is important.
Fresh water, salt water.
Yet the mikvah is something I would of hoped you would teach the young ladies about.
The course yochannan as the son of a high priest is not to be dismissed. A high priest of the order of entering once a year fullfills what is written. And there was a woman also that spoke in due course, as is written.

This is true. But if they don't look past the outer court and embrace all, they'll stay there. Perhaps it's for the best, when there is no zeal for the Lord's house; not so big a fall in store. Peace

Old 07-25-2017, 02:38 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinv View Post
Read John 17
Whoa, beautiful chapter ...I see so much underlined in John,
but from years ago.
Thank you for reminding me.

Btw, all...any chance we could stop the, "You don't know Jack...No, you don't know Jack", stuff?

Old 07-25-2017, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Whoa, beautiful chapter ...I see so much underlined in John,
but from years ago.
Thank you for reminding me.

Btw, all...any chance we could stop the, "You don't know Jack...No, you don't know Jack", stuff?

WHAT? You mean YOU know Jack too? How's he doing? Peace

Old 07-26-2017, 12:16 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,807,698 times
Quote:
WHAT? You mean YOU know Jack too? How's he doing? Peace
Focus.

There are four rivers. One in particular holds a message that only a king of the east may read.
And then there are angels with 4 faces

Old 07-26-2017, 07:30 PM

88 posts, read 36,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It is summed up in the last verse of John 17.

John 17:26 King James Version (KJV)
26 And I have declared unto them thy name, and will declare it: that the love wherewith thou hast loved me may be in them, and I in them.

The entire message of Jesus and His instructions to His disciples is consistent and repeated many times: Love God and each other every day and repent when we don't. Jesus described in detail the characteristics of this love in 1 Cor 13, Galatians 5, and the Sermon on the Mount. Anything that is not consistent with or compatible with that love is NOT of God or Jesus, period. Everything else is human vanity and hubris.
Jesus said things in a way only those who abide in His word can know. He stressed the importance of remaining in His word and that it is the word that sets His followers free. "The truth will set you free."

He did not say that love would set you free.

To understand that the love that the Father loved the Son with has something to do with God's name is difficult and rather remarkable.

To understand that the Son is in the follower is to understand that the truth is in the believer.

"If they have kept my words they will keep yours." ( Jesus)

Remember that one must keep His word to know God's name. If you do not do so you don't even know the meaning of the verse you quoted.

Old 07-26-2017, 07:37 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Jesus said things in a way only those who abide in His word can know. He stressed the importance of remaining in His word and that it is the word that sets His followers free. "The truth will set you free."

To understand that the love that the Father loved the Son with has something to do with God's name is difficult and rather remarkable.

To understand that the Son is in the follower is to understand that the truth is in the believer.

Remember that one must keep His word to know God's name. If you do not do so you don't even know the meaning of the verse you quoted.
If love is true, why would it not set you free?

Old 07-26-2017, 10:13 PM

Quote:

Amen. Peace

Old 07-26-2017, 10:20 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
If love is true, why would it not set you free?
Quote:
Amen. Peace
Then, perhaps, you would like to answer the question?

Old 07-26-2017, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Focus.

There are four rivers. One in particular holds a message that only a king of the east may read.
And then there are angels with 4 faces

Ok, focusing. Four rivers coming out of Eden, the garden of G-d. Four parts of man's soul; mind, will, emotions and desires (FOUR chambers to a human heart), coming out from the under the covering, no longer centered in Him, fragmented. Good thing He calls them in from the north, south, east and west to be centered back in Him, so that by Revelation the four rivers have become one again, one (made WHOLE) in Him. Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity