Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 10:34 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,048,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
For some reason, you seem to need to believe that not everyone is saved by what Jesus did and a litany other magical theology about Jesus and the future. I do NOT. I believe that Jesus saved us all from permanent separation from God and that we only need to love God and each other every day and repent when we don't to gain the cover of His perfect love (Grace) for our imperfections.

Not everyone IS saved, presently, Mystic. He made the provision, but it still has to be appropriated. Peace
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2017, 12:55 PM

63,834 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Not everyone IS saved, presently, Mystic. He made the provision, but it still has to be appropriated. Peace
Sorry, but that is just silly. He is the Savior of the world.

Luke 2:9-11King James Version (KJV)

9 And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.
10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

1 Timothy 4:9-10King James Version (KJV)

9 This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation.
10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

We need do nothing to be saved but we need to be sanctified under His Grace (perfection). That is done by believing Him and loving God and each other, NOT believing things ABOUT Him.

Old 07-16-2017, 02:52 PM

8,933 posts, read 4,660,970 times
Quote:
Sadly, it sounds like some people on this forum
may leave the free gift outside the door.
(Rev 3:20)

Old 07-16-2017, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Sorry, but that is just silly. He is the Savior of the world.

Luke 2:9-11King James Version (KJV)

9 And, lo, the angel of the Lord came upon them, and the glory of the Lord shone round about them: and they were sore afraid.
10 And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
11 For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.

1 Timothy 4:9-10King James Version (KJV)

9 This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptation.
10 For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men, specially of those that believe.

We need do nothing to be saved but we need to be sanctified under His Grace (perfection). That is done by believing Him and loving God and each other, NOT believing things ABOUT Him.

He IS the savior FOR the whole world, but the whole world is NOT saved. Can you not see this? Peace

Old 07-16-2017, 05:21 PM

Quote:
He IS the savior FOR the whole world, but the whole world is NOT saved. Can you not see this? Peace
No, Rbbi, He IS the savior OF the whole world. Everyone is saved, as if by fire, but not everyone escapes refinement by reaping what they sow.

Old 07-16-2017, 05:29 PM

Quote:
No, Rbbi, He IS the savior OF the whole world. Everyone is saved, as if by fire, but not everyone escapes refinement by reaping what they sow.
So am I to understand you believe everyone is already saved right now? Peace

Old 07-16-2017, 05:43 PM

Quote:
So am I to understand you believe everyone is already saved right now? Peace
Yes, because Jesus did that for us all, period. We have nothing to do with it. All the salvation nonsense is ACTUALLY about achieving sanctification under His perfection (Grace) for our imperfections (sins). We do that by believing Him (NOT "IN") that He DID save us (It is finished) and by following His instructions to love God and each other every day and repent when we don't. We can NOT sin or in any other way disappoint God when we do that.

Old 07-16-2017, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Yes, because Jesus did that for us all, period. We have nothing to do with it. All the salvation nonsense is ACTUALLY about achieving sanctification under His perfection (Grace) for our imperfections (sins). We do that by believing Him (NOT "IN") that He DID save us (It is finished) and by following His instructions to love God and each other every day and repent when we don't. We can NOT sin or in any other way disappoint God when we do that.

So scriptures that declare otherwise (and this is not the only one), like work out your salvation with fear and trembling, mean what to you? Peace

Old 07-16-2017, 05:54 PM

Quote:
So scriptures that declare otherwise (and this is not the only one), like work out your salvation with fear and trembling, mean what to you? Peace
Misunderstanding due to . . . wait for it . . . lack of knowledge or understanding (i.e. Ignorance) and a concept of God that was primitive and . . . wait for it . . . uncivilized (i.e., barbaric).

Old 07-16-2017, 06:01 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,308,641 times
Sitting out on on my patio enjoying a nice white wine listening to Darlene Zschech "Shout to the Lord" on repeat t, after getting off the the phone with my beautiful Mum and Dad, back home in blighty. Then reading such a great response by you Mystic to Rbbi on this thread, i can't tell you how grateful that i am that you have this amazing ability to present the good news in the way you do.

Mystic was you ever caught up in bible fundamentalism like many of us on here ?.

Last edited by pcamps; 07-16-2017 at 06:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity