Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-31-2017, 07:13 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
Once again.....WHO was speaking through ALL of them?

Mar 12:36 - For David himself said by the Holy Ghost, The LORD said to my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Act 28:25 - And when they agreed not among themselves, they departed, after that Paul had spoken one word, Well spake the Holy Ghost by Esaias the prophet unto our fathers,

Luk 1:67 - And his father Zacharias (John's father) was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,

Luk 2:25 - And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him.

Luk 2:26 - And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord's Christ.

Luk 12:12 - For the Holy Ghost shall teach you in the same hour what ye ought to say.

Act 1:16 - Men and brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled, which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of David spake before concerning Judas, which was guide to them that took Jesus.

Act 5:32 - And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.
See below
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
What are you trying to prove here ? that the bible is God the Father?, that the bible was Jesus' source?. Please take of your fundy tinted glasses and see what it is actually saying instead of seeing what is not there. The bible, the scriptures, the written word, or whatever you want to call them, Jesus never once claimed they were his source, without fail he said his Father was every single time. He was not a bible quoting Savior he was a peace preaching savior who spoke what the Father gave him to say.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2017, 07:19 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,046,109 times
Quote:
See below

Now put the dots together. He spoke only what He heard His Father speak, according to the scriptures, they only spoke what they received from the HG, even in the OT. Now tell me who was speaking IN ALL OF IT. Peace

Old 08-31-2017, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Now put the dots together. He spoke only what He heard His Father speak, according to the scriptures, they only spoke what they received from the HG, even in the OT. Now tell me who was speaking IN ALL OF IT. Peace
No you have added to the scripture as usual. It says nothing at all about God putting the scriptures in his mouth, what would be the point of that when they already had the same scriptures ?. The Hebrews scripture I quoted says at one point God spoke in various ways including via the prophets but now he speaks or has spoken by his son. The Deuteronomy verse I quoted is saying the very thing that Jesus said, that his Father not the written word how you are saying was his source. You have to be stiff necked not to see this.

Old 08-31-2017, 07:56 PM

Quote:
No you have added to the scripture as usual. It says nothing at all about God putting the scriptures in his mouth, what would be the point of that when they already had the same scriptures ?. The Hebrews scripture I quoted says at one point God spoke in various ways including via the prophets but now he speaks or has spoken by his son. The Deuteronomy verse I quoted is saying the very thing that Jesus said, that his Father not the written word how you are saying was his source. You have to be stiff necked not to see this.
DUDE, you just answered my question! YOU have to be stiff-necked not to see it. G-D spoke through BOTH of them, the word AND the Son = a double WITNESS, like I have been saying all along, one of which you want to throw out. Peace

Old 08-31-2017, 10:17 PM

63,816 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
What are you trying to prove here ? that the bible is God the Father?, that the bible was Jesus' source?. Please take of your fundy tinted glasses and see what is actually saying instead of seeing what is not there. The bible, the scriptures, the written word, or whatever you want to call them, Jesus never once claimed they were his source, without fail he said his Father was every single time. He was not a bible quoting Savior he was a peace preaching savior who spoke what the Father gave him to say.

Quote:

Quote:
DUDE, you just answered my question! YOU have to be stiff-necked not to see it. G-D spoke through BOTH of them, the word AND the Son = a double WITNESS, like I have been saying all along, one of which you want to throw out. Peace
Jesus corrected the primitive and ignorant (knew not what they did) beliefs and practices of our ancient ancestors as written in the OT. Our ancestors rejected Jesus and the God He revealed because they preferred their angry, vengeful War God over Christ's God of love. They are still waiting for their worldly King to come and defeat their enemies. Their sympathizers managed to corrupt Christ's Gospel by interjecting the OT ignorance into the interpretation of Christ's sacrifice by calling it a blood sacrifice demanded by God. It is a travesty of major proportions that has corrupted and hidden the REAL message of the Gospel (Good News). The real message is that God IS agape love and is NOT counting our sins against us because Jesus did what was necessary to connect us to God. The angry, vengeful God appeals to the angry, vengeful nature of those humans who want to punish others. They reject the Holy Spirit as described by Jesus in the Sermon on the Mount, in 1 Cor 13 and in Galatians 5 in favor of a punishing and blood sacrifice demanding God. It is so incredibly sad and evil.

Old 09-01-2017, 12:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post

Jesus corrected the primitive and ignorant (knew not what they did) beliefs and practices of our ancient ancestors as written in the OT. Our ancestors rejected Jesus and the God He revealed because they preferred their angry, vengeful War God over Christ's God of love. They are still waiting for their worldly King to come and defeat their enemies. Their sympathizers managed to corrupt Christ's Gospel by interjecting the OT ignorance into the interpretation of Christ's sacrifice by calling it a blood sacrifice demanded by God. It is a travesty of major proportions that has corrupted and hidden the REAL message of the Gospel (Good News). The real message is that God IS agape love and is NOT counting our sins against us because Jesus did what was necessary to connect us to God. The angry, vengeful God appeals to the angry, vengeful nature of those humans who want to punish others. They reject the Holy Spirit as described by Jesus in the Sermon on the Mount, in 1 Cor 13 and in Galatians 5 in favor of a punishing and blood sacrifice demanding God. It is so incredibly sad and evil.

NO, YOU reject the truth and the truth is, no one gets a free lunch regardless of what Christ did, we still have to appropriate it through the sanctification of the HG, that's part of what He died for, not just so you can live your life the way you want to, and then POOF! when you die suddenly you become spiritual and sanctified.

No, you just become a spirit without a body to work out your salvation in. What temptation of the flesh is there to a spirit without flesh? So absolutely NO spiritual growth is possible, because you don't have the means to overcome ANYTHING, and your soul is just trapped being judged by the words of your own mouth, and being reproved with your own wickedness, as the word says.

There is NOTHING in death that will add to your stature in Christ one iota and then having a spent a lifetime bound to sin, your sins remain with you as anchors of your soul, whereas your spirit returns to the One who sent it. Which is why we are told to work out our own salvation with fear and trembling, because initial salvation is of the spirit, NOT the soul. No one should want to continue to be bound to any sin of any kind, not the least of which is because it's a slap in His face. An overcomer overcomes, and there are promises to the overcomers.

The gospel IS, the death, burial, and resurrection of Christ; without that, there is no gospel, because as He overcame all things, so is His body to overcome all things, not with words only, but by His Spirit and power, IN THIS LIFE.

And while we're on the subject of what my "ignorant ancestors", the Jews, did, tell me: who was speaking in all these according to the scriptures here, in both the OT and the NT?

Mar 12:36 - For David himself said by the Holy Ghost, The LORD said to my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool.

Act 28:25 - And when they agreed not among themselves, they departed, after that Paul had spoken one word, Well spake the Holy Ghost by Esaias the prophet unto our fathers,

Luk 1:67 - And his father Zacharias (John's father) was filled with the Holy Ghost, and prophesied, saying,

Luk 2:25 - And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him.

Luk 2:26 - And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord's Christ.

Luk 12:12 - For the Holy Ghost shall teach you in the same hour what ye ought to say.

Act 1:16 - Men and brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled, which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of David spake before concerning Judas, which was guide to them that took Jesus.

Act 5:32 - And we are his witnesses of these things; and so is also the Holy Ghost, whom God hath given to them that obey him.

Last edited by Rbbi1; 09-01-2017 at 12:57 AM..

Old 09-01-2017, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Both of them ? You have up to now said they are the same. Make your mind up. You are not ignorant of the Hebrews scriptures where it says in >>>>> Past, God spoke to us in >>>>> VARIOUS WAYS>>>>>>> But>>>>>>> TODAY has spoken to us by His son(not both of them, not by the Bible you call the Father). Now tell me with a straight face that it is both. If you took your fundy blinkers off too, you would see that the son is in all things.

Old 09-01-2017, 04:22 AM

Simon Peter replied, "Lord, why do we need you, We have scriptures and they are the words of eternal life. John 6:68

Camps just exposing those that contradict.

Old 09-01-2017, 08:43 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times
Quote:
NO, YOU reject the truth and the truth is, no one gets a free lunch regardless of what Christ did, we still have to appropriate it through the sanctification of the HG, that's part of what He died for, not just so you can live your life the way you want to, and then POOF! when you die suddenly you become spiritual and sanctified.
And yet AGAIN you misrepresent what Mystic says, What part of suffering the consequences of our actions are you thinking is "fluffy?"

The ONLY difference between what you are saying and what Mystic is saying is that you believe that opportunity for change stops at physical death and what remains is punishment with NO opportunity to change. This is not JUSTICE, it is vengeance and a characteristice of unenlightened (unloving) thought.

Old 09-01-2017, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Both of them ? You have up to now said they are the same. Make your mind up. You are not ignorant of the Hebrews scriptures where it says in >>>>> Past, God spoke to us in >>>>> VARIOUS WAYS>>>>>>> But>>>>>>> TODAY has spoken to us by His son(not both of them, not by the Bible you call the Father). Now tell me with a straight face that it is both. If you took your fundy blinkers off too, you would see that the son is in all things.

I have NEVER called the bible Father; that is just YOUR fundy hating blinders on. I've said plainly what I mean a coupld dozen times. And you're avoiding the point, which is, that it was said that the Father, through the HG spoke to men, which was recorded in the OT. He also spoke through the Son, and through the HG AGAIN, TODAY. So if the Spirit is not divided, then WHO is it speaking TODAY as the HG in the scriptures (and to men)? Who has ALWAYS spoken? And IF He spoke in all of them, what right do YOU have to throw any of His words away? Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity