Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2017, 09:12 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinv View Post
I disagree. Clearly you interpret the word in a different light but there is only one correct way.

"One heart and one way is what I will give them so they will revere me always for their own good and the good of their children after them" says the Lord .

"The wise will shine brightly like the firmament and those who lead the many to righteousness like the stars forever."
But you have separated yourself from the light that is within, reach for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2017, 09:30 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,718,300 times
Quote:
I disagree. Clearly you interpret the word in a different light but there is only one correct way.

"One heart and one way is what I will give them so they will revere me always for their own good and the good of their children after them" says the Lord .

"The wise will shine brightly like the firmament and those who lead the many to righteousness like the stars forever."
If you interpret in English and not from the original language and its known meanings---you interpret in error---and there are many ways to interpret Scripture as Jesus plainly displayed in the Sermon on the Mount and in His rejection of the Sadducees attempt at discrediting the resurrection.
Quote:
Then he said, “I am the God of your father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac and the God of Jacob.” At this, Moses hid his face, because he was afraid to look at God.
Exodus 3:6

Jesus' interpretation of the above:

Quote:
On that day some Sadducees (who say there is no resurrection) came to Jesus and questioned Him---

But regarding the resurrection of the dead, have you not read what was spoken to you by God: ‘I am the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob’? He is not the God of the dead but of the living.” When the crowds heard this, they were astonished at His teaching.
Matt 22:23, 31-33

Jesus freewheeled it in interpreting the OT in the manner He thought was appropriate to get His point across.

Point is---EVEN if you know the Greek, if Scripture isn't interpreted in light of what Jesus revealed in word and deed, it isn't worth much, if anything. The Jewish crowds were astonished because Jesus' inventive interpretation was the culture of the day. Neither they nor the Sadducees questioned that far out interpretation!

Old 08-19-2017, 09:33 AM

9,588 posts, read 5,048,478 times
Quote:
A lot of context but little understanding.

Spirit makes spirit.

You may not know where the wind came from but if you seek the truth you will find the spirit.

What he means is, he thinks he has to literally die to receive the "mature" Spirit, as if death itself has anything to recommend it. Which, of course, is a false gospel, as now is the day of our salvation, and the night cometh when no man can work. Peace

Old 08-19-2017, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
If you interpret in English and not from the original language and its known meanings---you interpret in error---and there are many ways to interpret Scripture as Jesus plainly displayed in the Sermon on the Mount and in His rejection of the Sadducees attempt at discrediting the resurrection.
Exodus 3:6

Jesus' interpretation of the above:

Matt 22:23, 31-33

Jesus freewheeled it in interpreting the OT in the manner He thought was appropriate to get His point across.

Point is---EVEN if you know the Greek, if Scripture isn't interpreted in light of what Jesus revealed in word and deed, it isn't worth much, if anything. The Jewish crowds were astonished because Jesus' inventive interpretation was the culture of the day. Neither they nor the Sadducees questioned that far out interpretation!

And you are coming against someone who is trying to show someone that they need to be truly saved, and not wait until they physically die (as Mystic believes), which is clearly not the gospel that saves, WHY? What is the motive of your heart, exactly? To try to disprove scripture again? Where is your "agape love" for Mystic, shepherd? Sickening, is what it is. Peace

Old 08-19-2017, 09:40 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,927,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rbbi1 View Post
What he means is, he thinks he has to literally die to receive the "mature" Spirit, as if death itself has anything to recommend it. Which, of course, is a false gospel, as now is the day of our salvation, and the night cometh when no man can work. Peace
The only difference in your perceptions is in what you call the dedication to what is commonly known as sanctification, or maturity in spirit. You consider that "birth" and I'm not sure what you would call it when the body suffers physical death. I call it "graduation," but that's just me, Mystic calls the first "conception" and the second "birth." Why quibble?

Old 08-19-2017, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Quote:
And you are coming against someone who is trying to show someone that they need to be truly saved, and not wait until they physically die (as Mystic believes), which is clearly not the gospel that saves, WHY? What is the motive of your heart, exactly? To try to disprove scripture again? Where is your "agape love" for Mystic, shepherd? Sickening, is what it is. Peace
You misconstrue what others say, as if you are the medium that stands between them and GOD.
Salvation isn't the issue, that was already taken care of, however, you cannot see that for yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
The only difference in your perceptions is in what you call the dedication to what is commonly known as sanctification, or maturity in spirit. You consider that "birth" and I'm not sure what you would call it when the body suffers physical death. I call it "graduation," but that's just me, Mystic calls the first "conception" and the second "birth." Why quibble?
She believes she knows more than everyone else about the here and now.
And what happens in an afterlife, once the body and soul ceases to exist.

Wait a minute, she doesn't believe we really die?

Last edited by Jerwade; 08-19-2017 at 10:42 AM..

Old 08-19-2017, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post

If you don't know, then you're in the same shape he is. Peace

Old 08-19-2017, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
You misconstrue what others say, as if you are the medium that stands between them and GOD.
Salvation isn't the issue, that was already taken care of, however, you cannot see that for yourself.

No, Mystic's personal salvation clearly has not been taken care of, else he would not think he has to physically die to achieve the new birth.

And have YOU been there? Because I HAVE.

Jesus providing the way, and us appropriating for ourselves, is two different things. Ye must be born again (from above, incorruptible Seed). He made that plain, and He didn't say to try to appropriate it after you die, which is ridiculous since this "death" to self is what creates the way to make the second death of none effect. Peace

Old 08-19-2017, 12:02 PM

Quote:

Quote:
No, Mystic's personal salvation clearly has not been taken care of, else he would not think he has to physically die to achieve the new birth.

And have YOU been there? Because I HAVE.

Jesus providing the way, and us appropriating for ourselves, is two different things. Ye must be born again (from above, incorruptible Seed). He made that plain, and He didn't say to try to appropriate it after you die, which is ridiculous since this "death" to self is what creates the way to make the second death of none effect. Peace
You are the one who is attempting to appropriate it.
And the second death is the death of death itself.

Which follows the resurrection.

Old 08-19-2017, 12:15 PM

Quote:
You are the one who is attempting to appropriate it.
And the second death is the death of death itself.

Which follows the resurrection.

I'm not attempting to appropriate it, I HAVE appropriated it. It's called the new birth.

The second death is spiritual death, which occurs when one has not appropriated the Seed in this lifetime. Physical death displays the division of soul from spirit, the soul suffers a spiritual death in that scenario, a divorce occurs. The re-union of soul and spirit is the first resurrection, ie. let no man put asunder what I have put together.

Death does not end until it's purpose has been completed. Peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity