Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 12:36 PM

23,365 posts, read 10,654,929 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Not sure he's really asking for all that.
Yeah, well, I like to teach Jesus, I like to learn about Jesus, I like to love Jesus, and I like for other people to love the same Jesus. I sure wished somebody would have found me in the 80's and told me the truth, I always follow the truth, and that's why I converted. Everyone sticks with what they are born into Fundi, ever notice that?

Yeah, I get those lame faces more than you can imagine and I sound like a broken record, I KNOW, but I am always trying to lead people to the religion of Christ, just as it is with you. I care about you and I hope that one day you would believe in Jesus, teach Jesus, love Jesus, and be persecuted for Jesus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2017, 12:39 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,135,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Yeah, well, I like to teach Jesus, I like to learn about Jesus, I like to love Jesus, and I like for other people to love the same Jesus. I sure wished somebody would have found me in the 80's and told me the truth, I always follow the truth, and that's why I converted. Everyone sticks with what they are born into Fundi, ever notice that?

Yeah, I get those lame faces more than you can imagine and I sound like a broken record, I KNOW, but I am always trying to lead people to the religion of Christ, just as it is with you. I care about you and I hope that one day you would believe in Jesus, teach Jesus, love Jesus, and be persecuted for Jesus.
If you like to teach Jesus, then do it. But I don't see teaching Jesus. Nor was he asking you for a 1500 word essay on other things.

Old 11-08-2017, 12:44 PM

17,164 posts, read 11,464,554 times
Quote:
... Nor was he asking you for a 1500 word essay on other things.
No worries. OP can skim or ignore a post like anyone else can. Or read it if it piques interest.

Old 11-08-2017, 01:09 PM

Quote:
If you like to teach Jesus, then do it. But I don't see teaching Jesus. Nor was he asking you for a 1500 word essay on other things.
Yeah, lol, it is just who I am, I am not on here writing for you or him, and any dummy would know that most people skip right past long posts, I do it myself depending on who is writing, but I am writing for me. This is my practice, my world, and it don't matter what other people think, well, I shouldn't say that because it kinda does matter with some people, and yet still, I write for me, I practice, and that is what I do. '' COME, Eat of my bread, eat of my flesh, and take a drink of my blood.''

See, I will teach you of Jesus Christ, not another Christ, but of Jesus Christ written of in the New Testament, not an invented Christ, but a true Messiah and son of God.

Now you may witness to people in how God has changed your life, and the belief of God has made you better, and now imagine if you actually converted to the religion of God.

I invite you that instead of Christmas, come and keep the feast of our Lord at Tabernacles, and we can talk about how Jesus was that water, that wine that was poured into the two cups on the alter while the congregation shouted in Joy building a tent with the limbs of trees making a Sukkah, because no man can boast of knowing joy unless he has been to the feast of Tabernacles that celebrates our Lord, and seen the water ceremony that teaches of our Messiah. COME, and we will search out for the sin in our lives on Passover in Memorial of Jesus being a pure unblemished lamb.

Old 11-08-2017, 01:59 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,135,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Yeah, lol, it is just who I am, I am not on here writing for you or him, and any dummy would know that most people skip right past long posts,
Gotta admit..that's about all I got from this one...it's about all I get from most of your posts. No offense...you tend to go on awhile.

Old 11-08-2017, 02:10 PM

1,259 posts, read 569,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
This is one as something of depth and height in prayers.
ole paul, gotta love his style,.
Interesting how every day alike a single day.
What single day i wonder is he speaking of

…5One man regards a certain day above the others, while someone else considers every day alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. 6He who observes a special day does so to the Lord; he who eats does so to the Lord, for he gives thanks to God; and he who abstains does so to the Lord and gives thanks to God. 7For none of us lives to himself alone, and none of us dies to himself alone.…
Yes, but this is in reference to the context. God DID ordain that certain days should be observed and certain foods should be eaten under the LAW. But God did away with the letter of the law which got rid of those observances.

Let's look further at this:

Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
Col 2:17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

You can see that such statement were in reference to being a shadow of those things to come. Those are the things we are to not judge others about.

Those are not a sin for many that were Israelites were converts to Christianity and were still eating kosher, and observing certain days per the law.

But Christmas is not a shadow of things to come.

Old 11-08-2017, 02:14 PM

1,259 posts, read 569,925 times
How many "Christians" do you know that are going to setup a Christmas tree this year? I wonder if they even know about these verses in THEIR Bible:

Jer 10:1 Hear ye the word which the LORD speaketh unto you, O house of Israel:
Jer 10:2 Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.
Jer 10:3 For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.
Jer 10:4 They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.
Jer 10:5 They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good.

So regardless of your views on Christmas, there is no denying that this custom originated with the "heathen" as shown in the Bible and still made its way into your holiday AFTER being told not to.

Old 11-08-2017, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Gotta admit..that's about all I got from this one...it's about all I get from most of your posts. No offense...you tend to go on awhile.
No offense taken, I have been on forums as long as there has been forums and it has always been the same old boring Hannibal that writes too much, I am well aware, always have been that not many people read what I write, if I was concerned, I would shorten them all, I just like you so much, I can't never shut up.

Old 11-08-2017, 02:25 PM

33,408 posts, read 26,728,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWillCome2040 View Post
How many "Christians" do you know that are going to setup a Christmas tree this year? I wonder if they even know about these verses in THEIR Bible:

Jer 10:2 Thus saith the LORD, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.
Jer 10:3 For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.
Jer 10:4 They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.
Jer 10:5 They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good.

So regardless of your views on Christmas, there is no denying that this custom originated with the "heathen" as shown in the Bible and still made its way into your holiday AFTER being told not to.
''Another argument against Christmas, especially having a Christmas tree, is that the Bible forbids bringing trees into our homes and decorating them. The passage often cited is Jeremiah 10:1-16, but this passage refers to cutting down trees, chiseling the wood to make an idol, and then decorating the idol with silver and gold for the purpose of bowing down before it to worship it (see also Isaiah 44:9-18). The passage in Jeremiah cannot be taken out of its context and used to make a legitimate argument against Christmas trees.''

''As we have seen, there is no legitimate scriptural reason not to celebrate Christmas. At the same time, there is no biblical mandate to celebrate it, either. In the end, of course, whether or not to celebrate Christmas is a personal decision.'' [Bolded mine]

Read full article here: https://www.gotquestions.org/Christian-Christmas.html

Old 11-08-2017, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWillCome2040 View Post

Everyone already knows it, but it is funny when people try and deny what is what. Everyone should already be aware that the ways of Jesus were outlawed and what replaced the ways of Jesus are Babylonian ways, it was the whole focus of Revelation how a Gentile receives the spirit of Elijah that speaks to the gentile to return to the ways of God. You are beginning as a Gentile and becoming a new creature through the feasts. Everyone is marked and sealed in their forehead with Jerusalem or Babylon because the laws of Moses say we are marked by whatever holy days we keep, and God promises to seal those people who will only keep his feasts about the sacrifices of his son. SACRIFICES, he was sacrificed for us, as all those holy day sacrifices we should keep in truth and in spirit in the knowledge of what was done for us.

Instead, people teach the holy days and traditions of Tammuz with rituals teaching what the Babylonian Messiah has done for the world. Outlawing the ways of God should give people a head's up, but it don't, it weren't as if it is a secret.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity