Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2017, 02:33 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,814,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWillCome2040 View Post
Yes, but this is in reference to the context. God DID ordain that certain days should be observed and certain foods should be eaten under the LAW. But God did away with the letter of the law which got rid of those observances.

Let's look further at this:

Col 2:16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:
Col 2:17 Which are a shadow of things to come; but the body is of Christ.

You can see that such statement were in reference to being a shadow of those things to come. Those are the things we are to not judge others about.

Those are not a sin for many that were Israelites were converts to Christianity and were still eating kosher, and observing certain days per the law.

But Christmas is not a shadow of things to come.
And I will smite the winter house with the summer house; and the houses of ivory shall perish, and the great houses shall have an end, saith the LORD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2017, 02:59 PM

1,259 posts, read 565,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
Everyone already knows it, but it is funny when people try and deny what is what. Everyone should already be aware that the ways of Jesus were outlawed and what replaced the ways of Jesus are Babylonian ways, it was the whole focus of Revelation how a Gentile receives the spirit of Elijah that speaks to the gentile to return to the ways of God. You are beginning as a Gentile and becoming a new creature through the feasts. Everyone is marked and sealed in their forehead with Jerusalem or Babylon because the laws of Moses say we are marked by whatever holy days we keep, and God promises to seal those people who will only keep his feasts about the sacrifices of his son. SACRIFICES, he was sacrificed for us, as all those holy day sacrifices we should keep in truth and in spirit in the knowledge of what was done for us.

Instead, people teach the holy days and traditions of Tammuz with rituals teaching what the Babylonian Messiah has done for the world. Outlawing the ways of God should give people a head's up, but it don't, it weren't as if it is a secret.
We are under no commandment to keep the festivals or even the Sabbath (by the letter that is). We are to keep ALL God's Holy Days in Spirit and in Truth. Christmas is NOT one of those days.

Old 11-08-2017, 03:01 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,505,135 times
Jeopardy time:
Somebody that has only one post ... post and joined at near the same date ...provoking others into an emotional response ... then curiously disappears?

Old 11-08-2017, 03:06 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,934,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Jeopardy time:
Somebody that has only one post ... post and joined at near the same date ...provoking others into an emotional response ... then curiously disappears?
"What is a conversationalist?"

Old 11-08-2017, 03:10 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,934,911 times
16Therefore let no one judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a festival, a New Moon, or a Sabbath.

Did someone point this out already? Yup, more than one, but this is the first time I have seen a fundamentalist style post using it to CONDEMN any particular "holiday." Live and learn.

Old 11-08-2017, 03:20 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,505,135 times

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
"What is a conversationalist?"
wrong answer nateswift

Old 11-08-2017, 03:49 PM

So you that celebrate the Birth of Jesus Christ, tell me what is so important about the "BIRTH" of Jesus to you?

Notice I said the word BIRTH above. I want to know why specifically the BIRTH of Jesus needs to be celebrate every year.

Old 11-08-2017, 04:12 PM

6,518 posts, read 2,733,743 times
Quote:
So you that celebrate the Birth of Jesus Christ, tell me what is so important about the "BIRTH" of Jesus to you?

Notice I said the word BIRTH above. I want to know why specifically the BIRTH of Jesus needs to be celebrate every year.
only because I celebrate most people I loves birthday!
but when I celebrate them we try and do it close to their actual day of their birth.. maybe not the day but a big party or family day on the weekend works.. fancy dinner or some thing because we don't do gift exchanges for Xmas so maybe instead we make a bigger deal about birthdays. we have as a family removed the laws of such events.. because we love them..
and we get we love you gifts anytime of the year that we find something our love one just couldn't live with out.. and then we call it their 'Birthday present' but it could be 6 months any direction to their real birthday.. .. then we do dinner / party family game night etc for their real day.. so that way their birthday is sort of all year... because your birthday present can happen anyday..

Old 11-08-2017, 04:29 PM

23,201 posts, read 10,481,904 times
Quote:
We are under no commandment to keep the festivals or even the Sabbath (by the letter that is). We are to keep ALL God's Holy Days in Spirit and in Truth. Christmas is NOT one of those days.
Who said anything about keeping all the laws of the Sabbaths or feasts? I don't keep them but I study them in truth and the spirit of what keeping them means, and keeping them is a lifestyle, it isn't a day to celebrate, it is a lifestyle to walk in. I can't judge anyone in New moon or feast in whether they keep all the laws or not, but what I can do, is judge what is not of God, and what is adultery against God when keeping pagan feasts. If a person doesn't know the feast days of the Lord are set lifestyles in which to walk and be blessed, they will never begin, because they don't even have a clue that it is a set plan, and none of this has to do with a holiday where you put lights up, it is that you die daily or not in Passover, you study or you don't in Pentecost, and you become a priest or you wont in Tabernacles.

Old 11-08-2017, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
only because I celebrate most people I loves birthday!
but when I celebrate them we try and do it close to their actual day of their birth.. maybe not the day but a big party or family day on the weekend works.. fancy dinner or some thing because we don't do gift exchanges for Xmas so maybe instead we make a bigger deal about birthdays. we have as a family removed the laws of such events.. because we love them..
and we get we love you gifts anytime of the year that we find something our love one just couldn't live with out.. and then we call it their 'Birthday present' but it could be 6 months any direction to their real birthday.. .. then we do dinner / party family game night etc for their real day.. so that way their birthday is sort of all year... because your birthday present can happen anyday..
But let's get more specific. Why the BIRTH DAY? Why THAT Day? It is obviously defined by the BIRTH so what is it about the BIRTHING of Jesus that makes that Day so special?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity