Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2018, 07:49 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,211,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I never made that claim either.
guess i will review previous posts...since it has become the evangelical norm to deny the obvious and previously stated. Suppose the next thing we know it will be acceptable to grope women and date 12 year olds provide it promotes the will of god huh? O SNAP, the evangelical community already supports those actions...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2018, 08:13 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,608,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
guess i will review previous posts...since it has become the evangelical norm to deny the obvious and previously stated. Suppose the next thing we know it will be acceptable to grope women and date 12 year olds provide it promotes the will of god huh? O SNAP, the evangelical community already supports those actions...
Get over yourself, and get honest.

Old 04-02-2018, 08:49 AM

8,669 posts, read 4,804,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
It is good Friday my Christian brothers and sisters!

Scalfari says to the Pope, "Your Holiness, in our previous meeting you told me that our species will disappear in a certain moment and that God, still out of his creative force, will create new species. You have never spoken to me about the souls who died in sin and will go to hell to suffer it for eternity. You have however spoken to me of good souls, admitted to the contemplation of God. But what about bad souls? Where are they punished?"

Pope Francis says, "They are not punished, those who repent obtain the forgiveness of God and enter the rank of souls who contemplate him, but those who do not repent and cannot therefore be forgiven disappear. There is no hell, there is the disappearance of sinful souls."

note: at the time of this writng, Vatican says it may be a misquote but refuses to disavow

https://www.cnsnews.com/blog/michael...-there-no-hell

(Is there any doubt we are experiencing the great falling away of the faith?)

1 Timothy 4:1

Now the Spirit explicitly says that in the later times some will desert the faith and occupy themselves with deceiving spirits and demonic teachings,
spam alert

Old 04-02-2018, 09:21 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,708,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindi Waters View Post
Hell exists right now. It's just not the hell that so many people think it is. Hell is not a place where torture occurs. But no one is alive in hell. So the Pope is right on the idea that no consciousness exists in hell. Hell itself will be done away with. Revelation 20 explains this. The Lake of Fire symbolizes the second death, or that from which there is no resurrection. But there is no torture, happiness, consciousness in hell.
I think there is plenty of hell right here on earth. People are tortured on earth every minute of every day. Even our own leaders and those of other countries have used torture on "enemy combatants". It is sick and disgusting. I think it is pretty hellish in many places on the earth as I type -- Syria for one, and Yemen, and Gaza and many other places. War is hell.

Old 04-02-2018, 04:27 PM

10,020 posts, read 4,958,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
I think there is plenty of hell right here on earth. People are tortured on earth every minute of every day. Even our own leaders and those of other countries have used torture on "enemy combatants". It is sick and disgusting. I think it is pretty hellish in many places on the earth as I type -- Syria for one, and Yemen, and Gaza and many other places. War is hell.
But war is Not the Bible's grave. Biblical hell is just the temporary stone-cold grave for the sleeping dead.
When the KJV and Douay versions translated the word Gehenna into English as hell / hellfire that put the flames in hell.
Gehenna was just a garbage pit outside of Jerusalem where things were destroyed forever and Not kept burning forever.
The Bible's hell is simply the grave for the un-conscious dead until resurrection day.
It's a non-biblical fiery hell that is just taught as being Scripture but is Not Scripture.
Can anyone think of someone righteous that was sent to biblical hell _______
The day righteous Jesus died he went to hell according to Acts 2:27.
If biblical hell was a permanent place then Jesus would still be in hell.

So, it is really a religious-myth hell teaching that is being referred to as hell on Earth.
Whereas Jesus taught Not pain, Not bliss, but taught sleep in death at John 11:11-14.
Being well educated in the old Hebrew Scriptures then Jesus knew that Psalms 6:5; 13:3; 115:17; 146:4; Ecclesiastes 9:5 all teach un-conscious sleep in death.

What we really have right here on Earth is the 'last days' of badness on Earth as mentioned at 2nd Timothy 3:1-5,13.
Last days before Jesus, as Prince of Peace, will usher in global Peace on Earth among person's of goodwill once the wicked are destroyed forever - Psalms 92:7; Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:14-16

Last edited by Matthew 4:4; 04-02-2018 at 04:37 PM..

Old 04-02-2018, 05:24 PM

1,994 posts, read 1,258,996 times
Quote:
I can agree with you. The concept of the biblical hell, however, varies according to who is interpreting it.

Old 04-02-2018, 10:14 PM

3,536 posts, read 1,708,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindi Waters View Post
I can agree with you. The concept of the biblical hell, however, varies according to who is interpreting it.
The point I was making is that many Christians never give much thought to the torture and human rights abuses going on everyday, so it is not that surprising that they teach eternal torment without losing any sleep - it doesn't bother them to think of such unholy injustice.

Old 04-03-2018, 07:59 AM

1,183 posts, read 536,658 times
Quote:
The point I was making is that many Christians never give much thought to the torture and human rights abuses going on everyday, so it is not that surprising that they teach eternal torment without losing any sleep - it doesn't bother them to think of such unholy injustice.
Really? Yet we come here to proclaim the Truth even though we receive ridicule and creepy stalkers?

If it was up to many of the Elect there would be no hell. But we don’t get to choose on whether it exists and who is damned. Eternity is not a democracy but ruled by Jesus. We place our trust in Him and He is the Judge that determines what is right and wrong.

Old 04-03-2018, 08:06 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,608,156 times
Quote:
Physical death and disease might seem like unholy injustice too, but it is what it is. They do not go away by blaming God.

Old 04-03-2018, 08:21 AM

20,439 posts, read 12,779,436 times
Quote:
And yet you speak ill of President Trump when he wants to do something about North Korea, which abounds in human suffering. If we had done a better job in Korea and Vietnam, many would have been saved from suffering under those evil regimes. War is hell but sometimes it's the Christian thing to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity