Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2018, 09:47 AM

18,172 posts, read 16,403,105 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RomulusXXV View Post
So, does my believing that hell and eternal torment is nothing other than a cruel ploy of the Evangelical Church propagated to keep their flock in line mean that I'm somehow showing allegiance to a false god?

By the way, ST, I've noticed that you appear to steer clear of the 'tricky' questions.
Correct, a teaching of the weeds that filled the church starting even before the Apostles died. It is a cruel ploy of most churches. They show allegiance to a false God.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2018, 09:50 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
You wouldn’t even know that Jesus existed without the Scripture.

You do realize that demons also can whisper in your ear too. And since you have no foundation to test those voices you could have been influence by the demonic.

No. No one should ever take your advice on any spiritual matters. You have rejected the Holy Spirit and you may have been compromised.
That's not true. Ever hear of a place called Kerala? At my last job I worked with a young man from India who was a Mar Thoma Christian. According to their tradition, Thomas showed up in India with nothing but a book of Jesus's sayings that he remembered and had written down. In the 16th Century the Portuguese stumbled across them and were horrified that they had crosses decorated with elephants and didn't know nuthin' about Rome.

Part of their liturgy is still in Syriac, a dialect of Aramaic, the language Jesus spoke.

Besides, that, most people know about Jesus because somebody told them, not because they read it in a book.

Old 04-09-2018, 10:15 AM

23,162 posts, read 10,455,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Correct, a teaching of the weeds that filled the church starting even before the Apostles died. It is a cruel ploy of most churches. They show allegiance to a false God.
The tares look exactly like the wheat because they are in fact, the same person. Being born again means that Messiah has placed HIS seed inside you and that seed become a child, you raise that child on the milk of the word until he can eat the meat of the word as he progresses to the feast of Tabernacles where he will get yet another seed.

When a child is implanted in a person, he become a real live new creature, a being of God planted inside a person and so you have the wheat and the tare inside the same person until the division occurs. When God takes the tare away, he takes that sinful nature away from you. When Jesus separates the goat and the sheep, BOTH are in you, and when the evil son of perdition, that son of lawlessness is taken from you, you will feel no more heat, no more cold or pain, and you watch as that son of perdition is taken from you and locked up.

Romans~ 2 spirits within a single person
Struggling with Sin
…16And if I do what I do not desire, I admit that the Law is good. 17In that case, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it. 18I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my flesh; for I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out.…

Romans 7:20
And if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

Romans 7:18,20,23 For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwells no good thing: …

YOU ARE TWO SEPARATE ENTITIES ~ 2 SEPARATE KINGDOMS ~ 2 SEPARATE SOULS.

Living by the Spirit
…17For the flesh craves what is contrary to the Spirit, and the Spirit what is contrary to the flesh. They are opposed to one another, so that you do not do what you want. 18But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under the Law. 19The acts of the flesh are obvious: sexual immorality, impurity, and debauchery;…

YOU DIE ~ THERE ARE TWO OF YOU
Romans 7:4
Therefore, my brothers, you also died to the Law through the body of Christ, that you might belong to another, to Him who was raised from the dead, in order that we might bear fruit to God.{when you have progressed through the death of Passover, studied in Pentecost and matured that you be given the final seed for the final harvest and you pray for the rain for that seed of Tabernacles, you receive the promised rain, YOUR SEED dies and THEN you bear the fruit of God.}

YOU HAVE TWO MOTHERS AND YOU ARE THE SONS OF BOTH, THERE ARE TWO KINGDOMS,THERE ARE TWO JERUSALEMS ~ YOU ARE FLESH AND SPIRIT. THERE ARE TWO LAWS, AND A LAW FOR EACH SON. THESE ARE THE TWO WITNESSES.

Hagar and Sarah
21Tell me, ye that desire to be under the law, do ye not hear the law? 22For it is written, that Abraham had two sons, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman. 23But he who was of the bondwoman was born after the flesh; but he of the freewoman was by promise. 24Which things are an allegory: for these are the two covenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar. 25For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Jerusalem which now is, and is in bondage with her children. 26But Jerusalem which is above is free, which is the mother of us all.
27For it is written, Rejoice, thou barren that bearest not; break forth and cry, thou that travailest not: for the desolate hath many more children than she which hath an husband.
28Now we, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise. 29But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.
30Nevertheless what saith the scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her son: for the son of the bondwoman shall not be heir with the son of the freewoman.
31So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.

YOU ARE THE BONDSWOMAN AND HER SON, BUT CAST OUT THE BODSWOMAN AND HER SON FOR SHE AND HER SON ARE INSIDE OF YOU.

CHRIST HAS TO BE FORMED INSIDE OF YOU TO BECOME A NEW PERSON INSIDE OF YOU AND THEN THERE ARE TWO

19My little children, of whom I travail in birth again until Christ be formed in you, 20I desire to be present with you now, and to change my voice; for I stand in doubt of you.

Paul was afraid for his own people because they had not yet been born again

You are in a war between the two that you are, between flesh and spirit, that tare is inside of you.

2 men in a bed is the same person, 2 women at the wheel is the same person and the scriptures show a division coming swiftly where this division will divide soul and spirit, and this division is spoken of in many places, in many parables but until the person understands this, they don't see it.

All they see is Jesus separating the goat from the sheep when this isn't about the wicked and the righteous, it is about Jesus taking that evil spirit out of you.

Last edited by Hannibal Flavius; 04-09-2018 at 10:48 AM..

Old 04-09-2018, 10:30 AM

20,442 posts, read 12,793,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
That's not true. Ever hear of a place called Kerala? At my last job I worked with a young man from India who was a Mar Thoma Christian. According to their tradition, Thomas showed up in India with nothing but a book of Jesus's sayings that he remembered and had written down. In the 16th Century the Portuguese stumbled across them and were horrified that they had crosses decorated with elephants and didn't know nuthin' about Rome.

Part of their liturgy is still in Syriac, a dialect of Aramaic, the language Jesus spoke.

Besides, that, most people know about Jesus because somebody told them, not because they read it in a book.
Still, unless you actually walked with Jesus, the scripture, or someone who has read it, is our source of knowledge about Jesus.

Old 04-09-2018, 10:45 AM

Satan Bound
1Then I saw an angel coming down from heaven with the key to the Abyss, holding in his hand a great chain.

Satan Bound
…2He seized the dragon, the ancient serpent who is the devil and Satan, and bound him for a thousand years. 3And he threw him into the Abyss, shut it, and sealed it over him, so that he could not deceive the nations until the thousand years were complete. After that, he must be released for a brief period of time. 4Then I saw the thrones, and those seated on them had been given authority to judge. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded for their testimony of Jesus and for the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or its image, and had not received its mark on their foreheads or hands. And they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.…

Right now, there is a spirit inside you who has been sent out as all the spirits have been sent out to allure you into sin, he comes to bring you down to deceive you and all people.

There will come a day, even a day so close to you that you don't even realize, the day that you die, you will see him, the day that you die, you will see an angel with a great chain of authority flying swiftly to you, and he will take hold of that lying lawless spirit inside you that has been deceiving you, and it is he who is thrown into the abyss, into the pit for a thousand years and he wont lie to anyone, no more will he deceive anyone, and the earth will be people who have no desire to sin because there is no evil twin within them deceiving them.

But just as this is true, a great day coming when evilness will be taken away from the imaginations of men, so too will the pit be opened, and spirits will come to people.

Old 04-09-2018, 10:58 AM

Revelation is simply a book written to a Gentile that walks in the fall holy days becoming a Jew, becoming the hidden man within.

This last chapter is for you to make it to, it is FOR YOU TO LIVE BY THIS BOOK.

Revelation 22

The River of Life
1And he shewed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding out of the throne of God and of the Lamb. 2In the midst of the street of it, and on either side of the river, was there the tree of life, which bare twelve manner of fruits, and yielded her fruit every month: and the leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. 3And there shall be no more curse: but the throne of God and of the Lamb shall be in it; and his servants shall serve him: 4And they shall see his face; and his name shall be in their foreheads. 5And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

God is about to free you, to take away that evil imagination.

Jesus is Coming ~ Jesus is about to come into a person who has lived by the instructions of this book and this person is at the very last stage.

6And he said unto me, These sayings are faithful and true: and the Lord God of the holy prophets sent his angel to shew unto his servants the things which must shortly be done.

7Behold, I come quickly: blessed is he that keepeth the sayings of the prophecy of this book.
8And I John saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell down to worship before the feet of the angel which shewed me these things. 9Then saith he unto me, See thou do it not: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of
this book: worship God.

10And he saith unto me, Seal not the sayings of the prophecy of this book: for the time is at hand.

2 of you
{This saying is EXACTLY WRITTEN TO A SAINT WHO KNOWS HE IS ALSO A SINNER}
11He that is unjust, let him be unjust still: and he which is filthy, let him be filthy still: and he that is righteous, let him be righteous still: and he that is holy, let him be holy still.{This saying gives more hope than any saying in this book}
2 of you
{God is about to free you from that unjust spirit you fight against, from the evil kingdom of desires and lawlessness your body craves, you are about to become free}

12And, behold, I come quickly; and my reward is with me, to give every man according as his work shall be. 13I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last
14Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city. 15For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

16I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
17And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.

Nothing May Be Added
18For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book: 19And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
20He which testifieth these things saith, Surely I come quickly. Amen. Even so, come, Lord Jesus.
21The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen. {THE END.}

Old 04-09-2018, 11:17 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Why don't you tell us something about Him we don't already know.

This is nothing more than pride saying i know everything there is to know
.... No wonder you are not open to anything other than what you have already been taught.

Old 04-09-2018, 11:21 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Do you die a physical death (possibly a very painful one), because you prefer that over life?

Truth is not a matter of choosing something based on personal preference. Truth just is. You can't change it by offering something which sounds better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Dying a painful death has absolutely nothing to do with your false beliefs about hell and eternal torment.

Old 04-09-2018, 11:30 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Why don't you tell us something about Him we don't already know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Right, true believers in Jesus know Him and the Bible. False ones know maybe one or the other, but not very well or they would believe in both.
So, according to your beliefs of annihilation, Mr. Jarber doesn't know the Scriptures very well?

Or, Jesus for that matter.

Old 04-09-2018, 11:33 AM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Still, unless you actually walked with Jesus, the scripture, or someone who has read it, is our source of knowledge about Jesus.
I don't think so. I think word-of-mouth precedes the written words. Scripture just augments it.

Think about it. Very few people in the history of Christendom have randomly stumbled across the written Scripture and said, "Oh, look what I found here and read."

As a matter of fact, in history people who could not read Scripture might have had a better handle on the message of Jesus.

In medieval times, mostly only the priests and maybe the wealthy and the nobility could read, but that was not always even the case. Sometimes kings didn't bother to learn to read or write because they had a scribe to do that for them. They would no sooner write their own messages than they would cook their own food. Charlemagne never learned to read or write, for example. Reading and writing was mostly for the clergy.

The church was entwined with the powers that be, and what they read and how they interpreted the Scriptures was slanted to be of benefit to the King and to the Church.

What is noteworthy is that Christianity survived despite the misuse of Scripture by those who were entrusted with it. The spiritual trumps the man-made.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity