Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2018, 03:01 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,696,783 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
No, believe you are loved of God or face the consequences of being tortured in eternal hell is not only foolish but psychotic to all who are in their right mind.

Believing God loves you and is not holding your sin against you is foolish to every fundamentalist.
God is not holding other people’s “sin” against individuals, so being born human is not a sin, but there are consequences for our actions........ the law is love GOD and your neighbour as yourself. God is not out there in outer space, the spiritual kingdom is within which will rule over flesh when the seed is nurtured and grows. We reap what we sow, so telling someone that your sin is not held against you is only a part of the truth, you NEED to repent of your actual sins and not repeat them. The point is to nurture the spirit in all of us. If you say you love God and hate your brother you lie.

“Cain” asked am I my brothers keeper? The answer is yes! All humans are brothers/sisters in the flesh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2018, 03:06 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,289,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
God is not holding other people’s “sin” against individuals, so being born human is not a sin, but there are consequences for our actions........ the law is love GOD and your neighbour as yourself. God is not out there in outer space, the spiritual kingdom is within which will rule over flesh when the seed is nurtured and grows. We reap what we sow, so telling someone that your sin is not held against you is only a part of the truth, you NEED to repent of your actual sins and not repeat them. The point is to nurture the spirit in all of us. If you say you love God and hate your brother you lie.

“Cain” asked am I my brothers keeper? The answer is yes! All humans are brothers/sisters in the flesh.
Very true.

Old 04-12-2018, 03:09 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,786,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Do you not see that avoiding some negative consequence as the reason to believe corrupts the purity of the belief, Jimmie? Would you feel good if your wife loved you because she wanted to avoid some negative consequence instead of just loving you?
Why you all continue to compare our holy, righteous Creator to mere man, I cannot understand.

Jesus said “repent”. Man is flawed and must repent before God. Then and only then is Jesus’ righteousness transferred to us, making us “ in tune” with God. The Spirit indwells us and we can then live as God intended. At the end of this life, we enter God’s presence, where we will live forever.

Old 04-12-2018, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Not even close. It is a deliberate attempt to misrepresent other peoples view. Believing God loves us and is not holding our sins against us is a very fundamental teaching embraced by all believers. It is same message as John 3:16.
You are such a subtle distorter of things. God is not holding the sins of the world against it, that is what i said and you know it, i did not say what you are implying here, that God is not holding the sins of christians against them. Or have you changed your point of view to God is not holding the sins of the whole world against it?.

Old 04-12-2018, 03:11 PM

20,441 posts, read 12,786,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
In many cases, I think a lot of Christians consider believing in Jesus as the "get out of hell free" card. This is probably why the people in churches are often just the same as unbelievers in most ways. They don't take their own sin too seriously. They focus on the other person's shortcomings.
There is no such thing as “easy-believism”. God knows the heart.

Old 04-12-2018, 03:11 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,806,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post

Amen.

Old 04-12-2018, 03:13 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,390,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Why you all continue to compare our holy, righteous Creator to mere man, I cannot understand.

Jesus said “repent”. Man is flawed and must repent before God. Then and only then is Jesus’ righteousness transferred to us, making us “ in tune” with God. The Spirit indwells us and we can then live as God intended. At the end of this life, we enter God’s presence, where we will live forever.

Because the "do as I say, not as I do" meme doesn't work if you believe your bible telling you to be like your heavenly Father, and to be perfect in love as God is. If threatening people with dire consequences for not loving them is evil for a person to do, then it's equally as evil for God to do.

Old 04-12-2018, 03:14 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
The Bible is clear on this point ...
1 Corinthians 1:18, 22-24
[ Christ Crucified Is God’s Power and Wisdom ]

"For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing,

but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

Jews demand signs and Greeks look for wisdom, but we preach Christ crucified:

a stumbling block to Jews and foolishness to Gentiles, but to those whom God has called,

both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God and the wisdom of God."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post

"For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing"

They think it is psychotic......very sad.
Yes, it is very sad commentary.

When people quote:
"God ... not counting people’s sins against them." 2 Corinthians 5:19
to only call the very same writer psychotic when he wrote 1 Corinthians 1:18, 22-24.

Last edited by twin.spin; 04-12-2018 at 03:28 PM..

Old 04-12-2018, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post

If man can show mercy and forgiveness towards those you believe God can't unless they follow your belief system. It means 1 of 2 things, God cannot do what man can do or what man can do through the act of mercy and forgiveness is God working in him.

Be merciful as your heavenly Father is merciful.

Old 04-12-2018, 03:15 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,806,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
In many cases, I think a lot of Christians consider believing in Jesus as the "get out of hell free" card. This is probably why the people in churches are often just the same as unbelievers in most ways. They don't take their own sin too seriously. They focus on the other person's shortcomings.
If someone noticed a brother or sisters shortcommings, typically it is brought to their attention.
There is nothing wrong with an open rebuke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity