Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2018, 02:32 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
It's called deflection and manipulation.
I am asking you to clarify YOUR own comment and you refuse to do so, and somehow that is deflection from my part

You can't make it up folks

Now I've seen it all. LOL (well, lets see what Pleroo has to add )

Oh my.......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2018, 03:30 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Admit it, you are upset about David and Johnny boy may have had a gay relationship.
Yes, he's verklempt, poor thing.

Old 04-19-2018, 04:22 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
Some people can't imagine brotherly love unless it involves sex. Too bad, it stereotypes people and see them as one dimensional. People are much more than their sex organs.

Old 04-19-2018, 04:42 PM

11,103 posts, read 7,159,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Yes, he's verklempt, poor thing.
That makes me want to brush up on my German, studied decades ago. What were some of those sentences I remember from a study book?.... Wohin geht Peter? and Du bist so rot vie eine Krabbe.

Old 04-19-2018, 06:08 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Some people can't imagine brotherly love unless it involves sex. Too bad, it stereotypes people and see them as one dimensional. People are much more than their sex organs.
LMAO, I think you have sex on the brain more than any other poster on this forum, janelle. It seems as if a lot of your posts, no matter what the subject, turn toward everybody else's preoccupation with sex.

Old 04-19-2018, 07:05 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
LMAO, I think you have sex on the brain more than any other poster on this forum, janelle. It seems as if a lot of your posts, no matter what the subject, turn toward everybody else's preoccupation with sex.

Too soon...

Old 04-19-2018, 07:08 PM

23,654 posts, read 17,514,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post

If it is someone's else preoccupation with sex how can it be mine? LOL

I never brought up the subject, actually. People start to attack the person instead of staying on the subject when there is nothing else to debate. I think you are there.

Old 04-19-2018, 08:00 PM

88,588 posts, read 84,818,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
[/b]

If it is someone's else preoccupation with sex how can it be mine? LOL

I never brought up the subject, actually. People start to attack the person instead of staying on the subject when there is nothing else to debate. I think you are there.
Come down off your cross, dear. You were not attacked. An observation was made.

Old 04-19-2018, 08:31 PM

10,688 posts, read 7,715,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
When they hear the word "love" they think sex. They cannot comprehend a brotherly love connection can be very strong. Jonathan was not jealous of David stepping in and depriving him of the throne, he was happy for him. He insisted on it. He said he loved David like himself. This is a description of very selfless kind of love, the kind of love Jesus promoted. It is absurd people insist it translates into something erotic.

At time of war, soldiers form very strong relationships with their brothers in arms, and some might claim they love them more than their wife, but it is different kind of love. I tried to explain the different kinds of love, but it didn't take.

It is telling the same people who parrot "love your neighbor" now insist that if your neighbor is same sex as you, loving him/her means you are gay.
So NOW you are saying words DO matter---if they are defined in the way you prefer. The entire point of a scholarly approach to Scripture is to comprehend that there are MANY possible meanings to the words.

In time of war the worst thing for a marine to do was to form a "strong" relationship with anyone. Here today, blown to kingdom come tomorrow--at least that was how it was in Vietnam. On the other hand, DUTY demanded that you bring back your fellow marine if he were injured regardless if you hated his guts (terminology, not literally) for being a stupid nincompoop.

Now you are saying "love your neighbor" means gayness. THAT is the height of stupidity and spits right in the face of Jesus who claimed it as one of the two great commandments--and He was only taking it from context of Leviticus which says:
Quote:
Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against anyone among your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD.
Lev. 19:18

Yet you tell yourself that parts of Leviticus (like man lying with man) are completely valid while the part of the same book that Jesus said is one of the two great commandments you make fun of.

What kind of Christian makes fun of what Christ call one of the Greatest Commandments?

I know, I know. Us unfriendly people with Bible intelligence and savvy, just want to pick on you.

Old 04-19-2018, 10:11 PM

1,183 posts, read 537,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I am asking you to clarify YOUR own comment and you refuse to do so, and somehow that is deflection from my part

You can't make it up folks

Now I've seen it all. LOL (well, lets see what Pleroo has to add )

Oh my.......
Can I ask why you even bother talking to these people? Ignore them. They are here just to mock. The more you reply the more they post. And some of the posts are down right creepy. one grown man impersonates a 80 year grandmother.

Leave them be

Just my humble opinion...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity