Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2018, 07:59 AM

3,671 posts, read 2,244,995 times

Advertisements

WHY is God called the Lord God as well as the LORD God.

Exodus 34:23 "Thrice in the year shall all your men children appear before the Lord GOD, the God of Israel.

Deuteronomy 16:16 "Three times in a year shall all thy males appear before the LORD thy God in the place which he shall choose; in the feast of unleavened bread, and in the feast of weeks, and in the feast of tabernacles: and they shall not appear before the LORD empty:

These two verses are speaking of the same person the Lord God who is the LORD God concerning the feast of weeks.

Deuteronomy 10:17 "For the LORD your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward:

Revelation 17:14 "These shall make war with the Lamb, and the Lamb shall overcome them: for he is Lord of lords, and King of kings: and they that are with him are called, and chosen, and faithful.

In these two verses, the LORD God is “Lord” of lords, and in Revelation the Lamb is “Lord” of lords.

Theses are the one in the same Person. the Diversity of God is clear

PICYJAG.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2018, 05:57 AM

JESUS the Holy Spirit, the Breath of Life.

Isaiah 42:5 "Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein".

question, where have we seen this breathing at before? two places,

#1. Genesis 2:7 "And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul".

#2. John 20:22 "And when he had said this, he breathed on them, and saith unto them, Receive ye the Holy Ghost:

in both example, what is the connection, the answer the "SABBATH", like in Sabbath day rest.

can any tell why? or how is the the Lord JESUS the Spirit which Gives life?..... (smile).

this is good home work.

SABBATH "DAY" with breath of LIFE = JESUS the ONLY LIVING, and TRUE GOD.

PICYJAG.

Old 09-13-2018, 06:03 PM

The Everlasting ONE

Malachi 3:1 "Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the LORD of hosts".

here the "LORD" all caps said that he was sending his messenger before him. but it will be the "Lord" that comes and not the "LORD". but it's the LORD who is sending "his" messenger before him, the LORD.

can we certify that it's the LORD? Isaiah 40:3 "The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God".

and this messenger "the Elijah to come is none other than John the baptist". supportive scripture, Matthew 11:10 "For this is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee".

here JESUS just said that he is GOD. how? because the Prophecy said, Isaiah 40:3 "The voice of him that crieth in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the LORD, make straight in the desert a highway for our God".

our God that came is JESUS, and there is only ONE GOD, and that's JESUS.

so the prophecy said, "Prepare ye the way of the "LORD". all caps. but it is the "Lord" who came.

so did the prophecy change? no, so God came.

knowing this, it put the truth to the test in Psalms 110:1 "A Psalm of David. The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool".

the "TRUTHFUL" answer? the Lord is the LORD diversified in flesh.

for Revelation chapter 5 clearly, I mean clearly support this FACT.

PICYJAG.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity