Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2018, 02:12 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,703,090 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
If the Father judges no-one (John 5:22), how could he possibly hate anything they had done?
........ All judgement has been given to the son......... the saints will judge the world............

If your son killed someone even though you loved your son wouldn’t you hate that he had killed someone?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2018, 02:52 PM

1,613 posts, read 1,028,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
........ All judgement has been given to the son......... the saints will judge the world............

If your son killed someone even though you loved your son wouldn’t you hate that he had killed someone?
I'd likely feel sorrow, but hopefully not hate, because that is the spiritual equivalent of murder.

Old 04-10-2018, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
I can't speak for you but I am seriously frightened every day, every day I see a shadow and wonder, and every day I pray that if somebody is sent, it isn't Jesus, hopefully Judas, or somebody like that first. I would have no strength to stand before Jesus, I would be in utter shame and remorse and frightened as hell.
Hanni, perfect love casts out fear...... instead of intellectually trying to decipher all the symbols in the scriptures let the Holy Spirit lead you, trust Him he will. It is all the same spirit you pointed to an another thread

Old 04-10-2018, 02:56 PM

Quote:
I'd likely feel sorrow, but hopefully not hate, because that is the spiritual equivalent of murder.
Hating (not liking) what someone has done is not the same as hating (not liking) the person.

Old 04-10-2018, 02:58 PM

11,825 posts, read 12,495,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twin.spin View Post
Webster's dictionary definition of fear:
1a: an unpleasant often strong emotion caused by anticipation or awareness of danger
...b(1) : an instance of this emotion
.....(2) : a state marked by this emotion
2 : anxious concern : solicitude
3 : profound reverence and awe especially toward God
4 : reason for alarm : danger
When Jesus said this wisdom and instruction:
Matthew 10:28
Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul.
Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.

Matthew 25:41
“Then he will say to those on his left, ‘Depart from me, you who are cursed, into the eternal fire prepared for the devil and his angels.' " ~ Jesus
he wasn't speaking of "fear" as in reverence and awe in Matthew 10:28.
He meant what he said, fools despise and hate Jesus' wisdom, knowledge and instruction for their own alternative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
And only a fool is deceived into believing something that is not true.
Jesus isn't the one who is deceived ... which makes the wisdom taught by Jesus elude certain people for example the meaning of the Parable of the Wedding Feast. Fools despise Jesus' wisdom and instruction.

Old 04-10-2018, 03:06 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Hating what someone has done is not the same as hating the person
It can very easily lead to that though.

Old 04-10-2018, 03:16 PM

1,613 posts, read 1,028,873 times
Quote:
Hating (not liking) what someone has done is not the same as hating (not liking) the person.
I still don't get this judging business, when it comes to the Father and Jesus! I mean, who's image are we supposed to be in the likeness of, once we are born again? And of the image we are, it says God was not counting their sins against them, and Jesus said they didn't know what they were doing. If you want to hold yourself to a lower image, that's ok, but it isn't the high calling. I'm not saying I achieve it all the time, but I'm not going to fall for the lame duck of projection; projection of what I think God and Jesus should think of mean rotten sinners.

Old 04-10-2018, 04:19 PM

Quote:
I still don't get this judging business, when it comes to the Father and Jesus! I mean, who's image are we supposed to be in the likeness of, once we are born again? And of the image we are, it says God was not counting their sins against them, and Jesus said they didn't know what they were doing. If you want to hold yourself to a lower image, that's ok, but it isn't the high calling. I'm not saying I achieve it all the time, but I'm not going to fall for the lame duck of projection; projection of what I think God and Jesus should think of mean rotten sinners.
I find there are different layers to the scriptures, and that is where confusion and error enter. Individually yes there is a need to follow the spirit and not the flesh. But God is not a respector of persons and there is laws on all levels..... if you jump out of a plane you will be judged by death or very serious injury, it is not the pilots or planes fault. If you push somebody else out of the plane, there are civil laws in place to assign blame and punish the one responsible. At higher levels (nationally) there are also laws which will be enforced, Jesus did not come to abolish law but to fulfill it, saved by grace does not mean there are no consequences for actions. And I believe that Jesus teachings are relevant on an individual and national level....... he was about justice and the penalty is to fit the crime. I think that the system of Christianity has taken it on themselves to say they speak for God, but have turned the message into a lie saying God will not judge us but he will judge non Christians to eternal hell and because we “believe” we get heaven because of grace. You get error when you mix the physical WITH the spiritual...... the individual WITH the national.

Old 04-10-2018, 04:26 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
According to the scripture, the law for missing the mark(at the end of the day that's what sinning is) is a reaping and sowing law, it also says sowing into the spirit we reap from the spirit, if we sow to the flesh the consequences are, we reap from the flesh(not God).

Old 04-10-2018, 04:39 PM

19,040 posts, read 27,607,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Funny how Jesus went around saying do not fear,don't be afraid, peace be still, have faith in God,abide in his love and healing all who were oppressed with the fear of God.

I know i know you are going to remind me of the "1" verse that seemingly contradicts the "many" times Jesus spoke about not being fearful in any capacity.

He did, didn't He?
His were only TWO commandments to follow:
- love god, thy Father
- love your neighbor as you love thyself.

FEARING god? What kind of perverted idea is it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity