Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2018, 12:38 PM

63,777 posts, read 40,038,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
God and Fear cannot occupy the same space. Perfect love casts out fear. When those two things became clear to me, I realized that hell could not exist as a place of eternal torment.

Old 04-11-2018, 07:35 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
God and Fear cannot occupy the same space. Perfect love casts out fear. When those two things became clear to me, I realized that hell could not exist as a place of eternal torment.

Old 04-11-2018, 10:43 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Love and hate could never live under the same roof, nor occupy a single heart.

Old 04-12-2018, 01:18 AM

1,613 posts, read 1,027,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I realise you're responding to geekigurl's comment about perfect love, and in that context i agree love and hate cannot co-exist.

There is a matter of strongholds....

The friends who's church we had to leave (because of our universalist beliefs) had and have an incredible ministry and in how to love people - they were instrumental in my wife and I getting married, ...but there was/is a stronghold of judgement that requires them to hold onto eternal punishment. Strongholds are hidden fortified places - their literal definition - you're hard pressed to know they're there. And the face I saw on the lady that day - something malignant was manifesting, no doubt in my mind - and we had other friends who left that church and she said she'd also seen the same face on her.

Strongholds come from bitter roots, and they are very specific. But we can bring bitter roots to Jesus, and be made whole.

Old 04-12-2018, 01:54 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,344,506 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
I realise you're responding to geekigurl's comment about perfect love, and in that context i agree love and hate cannot co-exist.

The friends who's church we had to leave (because of our universalist beliefs) had and have an incredible ministry and in how to love people - they were instrumental in my wife and I getting married, ...but there was/is a stronghold of judgement that requires them to hold onto eternal punishment. Strongholds are hidden fortified places - their literal definition - you're hard pressed to know they're there. And the face I saw on the lady that day - something malignant was manifesting, no doubt in my mind - and we had other friends who left that church and she said she'd also seen the same face on her.

Strongholds come from bitter roots, and they are very specific. But we can bring bitter roots to Jesus, and be made whole.
Strongholds are merely breeding grounds for wrong thinking.

Old 04-12-2018, 03:34 AM

1,613 posts, read 1,027,691 times
Quote:
Strongholds are merely breeding grounds for wrong thinking.
One ought not to be too quick to dismiss the spiritual reality of strongholds, and giving the devil a foot hold - strongholds are places for the demonic, and not least with generational and ancestral traits. One has to divide spirit from soul to get to the bottom of wrong thinking. The overlap between the soul (mind, will and emotions) and the spirit (the 'free flow of many/various thoughts into' the soul) is too complex to not take the spiritual element seriously, i.e. the potential malignant origins of thoughts.

You've identified 3 levels:, strongholds, breeding grounds, and lastly wrong thinking; how easy is it for the egoistic self to say "those are the thoughts I have so obviously they are valid, ...because I had them". Isn't this the mechanism at play in the mind of those who absolve their self of responsibility. And this is why we have to seek the Lord for deeper discernment, to use the higher weapons, and route out the enemy, at the stronghold.

Old 04-12-2018, 04:07 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post

My story is i ended up in the US, my wife was away at sea a lot so i spent a lot of time reading on the internet , i stumbled across the ministry of Ray Smith and Gary Sigler and couldn't deny what i was reading, but i have grown out of much of what i came to believe through the so called bible believing churches, mainly by seeing and understanding the scriptures differently to them and realizing that most of what i believed i did not know why other than it tickled my ears for where i was at that time, and none of it brought about deep change within, it was all surface belief stuff based on what i believed is right and what i i thought the scriptures taught . That is 1 thing if i have i do have a gripe with universalists that were former ET'ers, is, if they were wrong on ET what else were they wrong about, that was my line of thought anyway.

The fellowship that i was involved with back in blighty after leaving the border line cult i was involved in, was very big on the love of God, but it was not universalist. Although i don't go there i have met members of the fellowship when i'm back home, none of them are against me because i believe none are lost. I guess that was partly due to although believing in ET i can never remember it ever being taught. I honestly believe too, that in believing in ET iN a zealous way hardens you which causes you to play down the love of God which is the core of the message of the good news. Et'ers are not even bright enough to say to themselves, lets reach them with the love of God and introduce them to eternal hell once we have their asses on pews.

Last edited by pcamps; 04-12-2018 at 04:22 AM..

Old 04-12-2018, 06:07 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
If you are a Universalist believer in Jesus Christ saving ALL, please feel free to post your personal experience of when and how you came to this persuasion.

Indeed Very Many: Universalism in the Early Church

Indeed Very Many: Universalism in the Early Church
They are deceived / brainwashed by other universalists.

Old 04-12-2018, 07:32 AM

1,183 posts, read 536,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
They are deceived / brainwashed by other universalists.
I wish the moderators were more on top on this forum. Many who post here are not Christian. They use the “Christian” tag to worm their way in so they can confront, argue and muddle the faith. Their belief has nothing to do with Jesus. They only use Him as a talisman or for straw man arguments. It is wrong, disrespectful, and disgraceful.

Old 04-12-2018, 07:43 AM

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
I wish the moderators were more on top on this forum. Many who post here are not Christian. They use the “Christian” tag to worm their way in so they can confront, argue and muddle the faith. Their belief has nothing to do with Jesus. They only use Him as a talisman or for straw man arguments. It is wrong, disrespectful, and disgraceful.
I guess they think it gives them the right to judge others and call God a "psychotic monster".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity