Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2022, 12:30 PM

7,530 posts, read 3,023,097 times

Advertisements

The Love of God

Down through the tedious ages of time man's heart has been cheered at the thought of the boundless love of God, and in his soul there has often been touched a responsive chord to that wonderful love. So compelling is this love that it is often felt by the most unfortunate and seemingly hopeless of mortals. Some years ago after the patient in a certain room in one of the mental institutions of our land had found release from his pathetic earthly sojourn, and his room was being readied for another unfortunate occupant, the attendants found scrawled on the walls of the room the following profound lines:

"Could we with ink the ocean fill, and were the skies of parchment made; Were every stalk on earth a quill, And every man a scribe by trade: To write the love of God above Would drain the ocean dry, Nor could the scroll contain the whole Though stretched from sky to sky."

In his saner moments this poor, troubled soul had poured out his simple heart of love to his God.

https://www.ministrymagazine.org/arc...he-love-of-god
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2022, 07:01 AM

A woman once asked John Wesley what he would do if he knew that he would die at midnight the next day.

"Why, Madam," he replied, "just as I intend to spend it now. I would preach this evening at Gloucester, and again at five tomorrow morning, after that I would ride to Tewkesbury, preach in the afternoon, and meet the societies in the evening. I would then go to Martin's house...talk and pray with the family as usual, retire myself to my room at 10 o'clock, commend myself to my Heavenly Father, lie down to rest, and wake up in glory."

Old 05-28-2022, 07:43 AM

Miracle Boy

Shelly and Rob Wall should have been looking forward to their son’s birth. Instead, they were picking out a coffin. Doctors said their son, Noah, had little chance of surviving birth. Even if he did, they assured the couple his mental and physical disabilities would be severe. But this miracle boy born with virtually no brain function not only survived, he recovered far beyond what doctors ever thought possible!

https://www.godupdates.com/miracle-b...ers-noah-wall/

Old 05-29-2022, 06:39 AM

Waiting

When Louise Adams water broke at 22 weeks, it was bad. Very bad.

Doctors said nothing could be done since her baby had not yet reached 24 weeks. They sent her home to wait for her unborn baby to die. But Louise refused to give up.

After doing some research, the determined mom drank 3 gallons of water a day and wound up saving her baby boy's life!

https://www.godupdates.com/mom-drank...ay-saves-baby/

Old 05-30-2022, 07:37 AM

Miracle Baby With No Heartbeat

If anyone deserved a break, it was Trisha Bell. The mom desperately wanted to make her only son a big brother, but each pregnancy ended in heartache. She suffered seven miscarriages before finally making it to the delivery room. But then, her baby boy was born with no heartbeat.

https://www.godupdates.com/miracle-b...artbeat-ezrah/

Old 05-31-2022, 08:26 AM

Born with half a heart

Little Reggie suffers from hypoplastic left heart syndrom (HLHS). It’s a rare disorder that caused the left side of his tiny heart to form improperly. Even if he survived the birth, Reggie would require a risky open-heart surgery almost right away, and a few more risky procedures in the future, and likely wouldn’t live past his teenage years.

Given the struggles he’d face, doctors suggested abortion would be the best option. Lee and Michelle refused to give up on the son they’d waited for so long. And he’s already defying the odds!

https://www.godupdates.com/miracle-baby-half-a-heart/

Old 06-04-2022, 01:38 AM

ASHER

https://www.godupdates.com/deaf-born...s-first-words/

Never measure God's unlimited power by your limited expectations!

Old 06-07-2022, 06:58 AM

During the American civil war, Jackson's army found itself on one side of a river when it needed to be on the other.

After telling his engineers to plan and build a bridge so the army could cross, he called his wagon master in to tell him it was urgent that the wagon train cross the river as soon as possible. At once, the wagon master started gathering all the logs, rocks, and fence rails he could find and quickly put together a bridge.

Long before daylight, General Jackson got word that all the wagons and artillery had crossed the river.

"Where are the engineers and what are they doing?" asked Jackson of his wagon master.

"They are drawing up plans for a bridge, sir." He replied.

Old 06-07-2022, 02:54 PM

What love is all about

It was a busy morning, approximately 8:30 am, when an elderly gentleman, in his 80s arrived to have stitches removed from his thumb. He stated that he was in a hurry and that he had an appointment at 9:00 am. I took his vital signs, and had him take a seat, knowing it would be over an hour before someone would be able to see him.

I saw him looking at his watch and decided, since I was not busy with another patient, I would evaluate his wound.

On exam it was well healed, so I talked to one of the doctors, got the needed supplies to remove his sutures and redressed his wound. While taking care of him, we began to engage in conversation. I asked him if he had a doctor's appointment this morning, as he was in such a hurry. The gentleman told me no, that he needed to go to the nursing home to eat breakfast with his wife. I then inquired as to her health. He told me that she had been there for awhile and was a victim of Alzheimer's Disease.

As we talked and I finished dressing his wound, I asked if she would be worried if he was a bit late. He replied that she no longer knew who he was, and hadn't recognized him in five years. I was surprised, and asked him,

"And you still go every morning, even though she doesn't know who you are?"

He smiled and patted my hand and said, "She doesn't know me, but I still know who she is."

Old 06-07-2022, 03:46 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,837,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
What love is all about

It was a busy morning, approximately 8:30 am, when an elderly gentleman, in his 80s arrived to have stitches removed from his thumb. He stated that he was in a hurry and that he had an appointment at 9:00 am. I took his vital signs, and had him take a seat, knowing it would be over an hour before someone would be able to see him.

I saw him looking at his watch and decided, since I was not busy with another patient, I would evaluate his wound.

On exam it was well healed, so I talked to one of the doctors, got the needed supplies to remove his sutures and redressed his wound. While taking care of him, we began to engage in conversation. I asked him if he had a doctor's appointment this morning, as he was in such a hurry. The gentleman told me no, that he needed to go to the nursing home to eat breakfast with his wife. I then inquired as to her health. He told me that she had been there for awhile and was a victim of Alzheimer's Disease.

As we talked and I finished dressing his wound, I asked if she would be worried if he was a bit late. He replied that she no longer knew who he was, and hadn't recognized him in five years. I was surprised, and asked him,

"And you still go every morning, even though she doesn't know who you are?"

He smiled and patted my hand and said, "She doesn't know me, but I still know who she is."
That's how I feel about my wife.

(even though we are not in the same situation).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity