Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-19-2018, 10:26 AM

9 posts, read 2,963 times

Advertisements

with god help

A message from the prophet Jeremiah16, 2000 years ago

19. O lord who are my power and my strength and my refuge
In the day of trouble,to you nations will come from the ends of
The earth and say "only lies have our fathers handed down to
Us,emptiness in which there is nothing of any avail 20 can a
Man make gods for himself,and they are no gods" 21 there
Fore, behold I let them know, at this time I will let them know
My power and my might, and they shall know that my name
Is the lord

A message from a simple Jew from Jerusalem

Unbelievable Chutzpah. An Unimaginable Tresspass

In the suffering-saturated history of the Jewish people, has there ever arose a Jew who declared before the world that he gives up the Jewish people’s right to be the Chosen Nation?
That He awarded the Jewish people firstborn rights and gave them the Torah in the Sinai desert and then decided to change His mind?
The religion of Christianity arose and with great brazenness announced “From now on and for eternity we are the new Jewish people.”
Didn’t you Christians realize that for such a move, you had to ask and consult with the authorities, the sages of the Jewish people, the prominent scholars that exist in every generation? You didn’t even get a green light from the simplest Jew who would willingly sacrifice his life over the holiness of the Sabbath.
Of course you didn’t because you knew in advance what the answer would be. A complete and unambiguous no.
To cover up your nefarious deeds, you pushed the Jew into a corner as if he was despicable.
You oppressed him with an iron fist and destroyed whoever stood in your way.
Don’t forget, you malefactors, that the King of all kings stands over us.
He established more than 3000 years ago that the Jewish people is His trusty messenger.
He will punish all those who stood in the way of the Jewish people not only for the terrible sufferings that they inflicted on every Jew but also for rejecting the path that He stipulated for you — to keep the Seven Noachide commandments.
These 7 commandments were stated in the Jewish Bible more than 3,000 years ago in
Genesis 2:16:
1. And commanded = the commandment to set up a system of justice
2. the L-rd = the prohibition of blasphemy
3. G-d = the prohibition of idol worship
4. the man = the prohibition of murder
5. saying, = the prohibition against adultery
6. “Of every tree in the garden” = the prohibition of theft
7. “you may freely eat” = the prohibition to eat a limb of a live animal. (Samson Raphael Hirsch)

Yours truly,

Alon Naor
A Jew from Jerusalem
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-19-2018, 10:34 AM

11,066 posts, read 7,139,669 times
All that writing, probably for nothing...

Last edited by Thoreau424; 06-19-2018 at 10:49 AM..

Old 06-19-2018, 11:12 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,157,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
All that writing, probably for nothing...
Not sure why you felt the need to say that...

And whether or not people respond, it may not even matter...

------------------

I think OP is off base a bit.

The Jews rejected Christ. Christ responded by taking his message to the world.

I am not a new Jew or an old Jew. I am a Gentile brought into the family of God by faith. I will leave it at that for now unless the OP wants to respond.

Last edited by DRob4JC; 06-19-2018 at 11:21 AM..

Old 06-19-2018, 11:15 AM

Who has the time to read such a lengthy post? Sensitivity to the audience is necessary for any writer. Personal interest in a subject never overrules that.

Old 06-19-2018, 11:26 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,157,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
Who has the time to read such a lengthy post? Sensitivity to the audience is important for any writer.
I totally agree. You see my posts...I hardly ever make long posts anymore.

I didn't think the OP was terribly long. And I assume he is new by his post count... so I gave it a read.

Everyone is not a writer...

Old 06-19-2018, 12:18 PM

23,129 posts, read 10,431,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
Not sure why you felt the need to say that...

And whether or not people respond, it may not even matter...

------------------

I think OP is off base a bit.

The Jews rejected Christ. Christ responded by taking his message to the world.

I am not a new Jew or an old Jew. I am a Gentile brought into the family of God by faith. I will leave it at that for now unless the OP wants to respond.
Go look outside and see if the sun is out there. God's covenant with those evil Jews lasts as long as the sun and moon are in the sky. Messiah brings a covenant for Ephraim and Judah, and for you to make a claim to be one of these is silly. Did God write his laws in your heart so you love his laws and joined his people as a submissive bride should do? All those evil Jews, then why was the sole job of all those disciples to raise money for the Jewish widows and the elderly and injured? If Messiah came making you a new religion, a new people, then why did those people come serving Jews?

Because it was the very first thing Jesus states, ''The Spirit of the Lord GOD is on Me, because the LORD has anointed Me to preach good news to the poor. ''

What was Jesus saying? What was Isaiah 60 and 61 one saying?

Let me Translate.

''The spirit of the Lord is upon me to pronounce the days when Gentiles will come serving Jews.''

What happened then?

100 years of Christianity following Judaism along with the Jew where the Gentile was committed to serving Israel.

Old 06-19-2018, 12:21 PM

And yet, we are here now in 2018. It's time to stop living thousands of years ago in the past, and come into the present.

Old 06-19-2018, 12:43 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,243,131 times
to alannaor, the Jew from Jerusalem

GINOLJC,

First thank for the Subject matter. yes many think they are jewish, but no. I'll answer your post in Two sets of scriptures to make an assessment of your topic.

#1. Matthew 16:18. .... and in this church,

#2. Galatians 3:26 - 29

now if you want to know who a Jew is, or may I say a TRUE Jew is, read Romans 2:29

and the apostle backs this up in same book chapter 9 verses 7 & 8.

Amen

Old 06-19-2018, 12:56 PM

18,976 posts, read 7,007,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alannaor View Post
with god help

A message from the prophet Jeremiah16, 2000 years ago
It was really more like 2500 years ago.
Quote:
19. O lord who are my power and my strength and my refuge
In the day of trouble,to you nations will come from the ends of
The earth and say "only lies have our fathers handed down to
Us,emptiness in which there is nothing of any avail 20 can a
Man make gods for himself,and they are no gods" 21 there
Fore, behold I let them know, at this time I will let them know
My power and my might, and they shall know that my name
Is the lord

A message from a simple Jew from Jerusalem

Unbelievable Chutzpah. An Unimaginable Tresspass

In the suffering-saturated history of the Jewish people, has there ever arose a Jew who declared before the world that he gives up the Jewish people’s right to be the Chosen Nation?
That He awarded the Jewish people firstborn rights and gave them the Torah in the Sinai desert and then decided to change His mind?
The religion of Christianity arose and with great brazenness announced “From now on and for eternity we are the new Jewish people.”
Didn’t you Christians realize that for such a move, you had to ask and consult with the authorities, the sages of the Jewish people, the prominent scholars that exist in every generation? You didn’t even get a green light from the simplest Jew who would willingly sacrifice his life over the holiness of the Sabbath.
Of course you didn’t because you knew in advance what the answer would be. A complete and unambiguous no.
To cover up your nefarious deeds, you pushed the Jew into a corner as if he was despicable.
You oppressed him with an iron fist and destroyed whoever stood in your way.
Don’t forget, you malefactors, that the King of all kings stands over us.
He established more than 3000 years ago that the Jewish people is His trusty messenger.
He will punish all those who stood in the way of the Jewish people not only for the terrible sufferings that they inflicted on every Jew but also for rejecting the path that He stipulated for you — to keep the Seven Noachide commandments.
I did none of those things.
Quote:

These 7 commandments were stated in the Jewish Bible more than 3,000 years ago in
Genesis 2:16:
1. And commanded = the commandment to set up a system of justice
2. the L-rd = the prohibition of blasphemy
3. G-d = the prohibition of idol worship
4. the man = the prohibition of murder
5. saying, = the prohibition against adultery
6. “Of every tree in the garden” = the prohibition of theft
7. “you may freely eat” = the prohibition to eat a limb of a live animal. (Samson Raphael Hirsch)

Yours truly,

Alon Naor
A Jew from Jerusalem
I'd personally prefer to read what God actually said, rather than some rabbi. And no--Genesis 2:16 doesn't really say those things.

Old 06-19-2018, 01:01 PM

23,129 posts, read 10,431,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 101c View Post
to alannaor, the Jew from Jerusalem

GINOLJC,

First thank for the Subject matter. yes many think they are jewish, but no. I'll answer your post in Two sets of scriptures to make an assessment of your topic.

#1. Matthew 16:18. .... and in this church,

#2. Galatians 3:26 - 29

now if you want to know who a Jew is, or may I say a TRUE Jew is, read Romans 2:29

and the apostle backs this up in same book chapter 9 verses 7 & 8.

Amen
No it doesn't. God ended the kingdom of Ephraim except for 7000 reserved as a remnant living amongst Jew AS JEWS.

Paul is explaining the facts about why his people were wiped out, why God ended the Pagan Northern Kingdom and they were ended for their lawlessness and paganism.

Paul is quoting Hosea for all to see saying,'' Not my people, become my people,'' in speaking of the lost ten tribes that became Gentiles. Paul is showing how those ten tribes died for their disbelief, and every Christian thinks Paul is speaking of Jews because they don't know the difference in the two kingdoms, one evil lawless, pagan kingdom, and a Kingdom of Jews who alone kept the religion of God, and they alone have been keeping God's religion.

You can only join them in a covenant as a bride to a Jew in order to gain an inheritance and a promise that says,'' Not my people become my people.''

But you wouldn't do this in a million years, you say you are under a covenant that you are not under, and although Paul explains the loss of the ten tribes and the fact they he himself was of the lost ten tribes, you don't get it. The Jew didn't have to marry a Jew to become a Jew, a Jew was not a Gentile, he is a Jew in Israel......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity