Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2018, 02:09 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClementofA View Post
What is Rsp? I often try to "Rate this post positively" & get a message that i can't. Is there a certain number of others i have to "Rate...positively" before i can rate the same person again?
Apparently, that's the way it's set up, which means it may take awhile.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2018, 03:01 AM

7,530 posts, read 3,026,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
It is if you are wrong! You have to KNOW what is false teaching in order to point it out. It is not enough to believe that ancient men have said that this book contains the word of God and it is the Truth. You are trusting men, NOT God. So, you are free to believe what YOU think is the Truth but NOT to accuse anyone else of false teaching. In this forum, when we claim to follow Christ, we are Christian, period, no matter what YOU think.

Old 06-23-2018, 03:23 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
You don’t ignore apostacy and false doctrine. It basically portrays A false god. If I were to treat you like a cat and gave you cat food and squirted you when you sat on the couch, how would you feel? Treating God in a similar fashion by protraying Him differently rather than His character described in the Scriptures is wrong. It is not something you simply ignore.
Are you treating G-d in this manner?...

Old 06-23-2018, 03:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
So, you believe it is wrong to torment the cat, yet you believe God would eternally damn his children?
Yea, who would want to worship a G-d that would torment His creatures for all eternity, I mean in comparison to Him, we are like defenseless babies...I read something somewhere that says that the Torah is like a mirror, it will reflect your true self back to you, so whatever is in your heart, this is the way that you will see G-d in Torah...

Old 06-23-2018, 03:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClementofA View Post
The great Apostle, Saint Paul...

Wow, so Paul was greater than those that walked and talked and ate with the prophet Jesus?....

Old 06-23-2018, 03:52 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
If only Paul had spelt it out for those who believe in eternal torment like this this edited version of 1 Tim 4 10 To this end we labor and strive, because we have set our hope on the living God, who is the Savior of all men who believe. Why did he find it necessary to tag on what eternal torment believers are in total denial about.?.

The thing is even this does not teach salvation from eternal torment, you have to juggle numerous scriptures and take them out of context to arrive at man is saved by Jesus from eternal torment. It is weird how all being saved is being argued against while at the same time defending something false what man is saved from.

Last edited by pcamps; 06-23-2018 at 04:01 AM..

Old 06-23-2018, 04:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rose2Luv View Post
My friend: Rose is listening to you. I do not know if you have become acquainted with pastor Richard Wurmbrand. His experience with the Christ, I for one cannot stand in the shadow.

Preaching Christ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqdPkDPMCwk
Voice of the Martyrs

https://www.lighthousetrailsresearch.com/blog/?p=14889

Richard Wurmbrand, Voice Of The Martyrs, And The Antichrist!

Old 06-23-2018, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
I agree it is mostly fruitless debating ET and I agree with OP. But what IS that message of Christ we need to preach? Do we make them an offer they cannot refuse?
Fear and intimidation will surely control the masses...

Old 06-23-2018, 04:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
My opinion...

All have sinned.

God so loved the world.
According to G-d, not all have sinned...

Old 06-23-2018, 05:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by augiedogie View Post
The Op makes a good pount. Jesus told his disciples when he snt them to different towns to preach about the kingdom. If they wiil not receive you, shake the dust off your feet and go on to the next town. Ie dont waste time if they will not listen. Remember the great commission. If everyone was going to heaven, then there's no point to the great commission. If universalism was true, then why did Peter say on Pentecost, save yourselves from this corrupt generation. Universalism is a doctrine of the Devil.
Jesus also told Jews to steer clear of the Gentiles and to only go to those of the Lost House of Israel...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity