Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2018, 04:22 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unveiling Bible Truth View Post
There is one God (Yahweh) who is from everlasting to everlasting. Then there is his son, who is in subjection to his father even tho he is God the son. Not a trinity, not Jesus is God, but a separate spirit being.

That's why the jews wanted to stone him in John 5:18 Therefore the Jews sought all the more to kill Him, because He not only broke the Sabbath, but also said that God was His Father, making Himself equal with God.

Born from a God You are a God. 1 John 5:1 Whoever believes that Jesus is the Christ is born of God, and everyone who loves Him who begot also loves him who is begotten of Him.

Jesus had a beginning in heaven, not created, but the only one born from Almighty God.(Hebrews chapter 1)

Gotcha. Two Gods. One Almighty, one Less Mighty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2018, 12:16 AM

10,688 posts, read 7,715,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion777 View Post
I'm good thanks.

Maybe you need to go back & read your post again. Simply hilarious.

I thought so myself. Read his ramblings where he contradicted his own point of view and just shook my head. It's like trying to help a person who believes they can dig a hole to China. No chance they will ever stop and look up and smell roses. That person just enjoys being in mud and rock.

Read Psalm 89 beginning to end. The poor omega can't see the first half of the poem is about what God promised and the second half is an accusation against God, that He, God, didn't carry through on those promises.

It ought to be illegal for anyone to read a Bible who hasn't taken a reading comprehension course!

Old 07-28-2018, 01:14 AM

919 posts, read 609,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wardendresden View Post
[/b]
I thought so myself. Read his ramblings where he contradicted his own point of view and just shook my head. It's like trying to help a person who believes they can dig a hole to China. No chance they will ever stop and look up and smell roses. That person just enjoys being in mud and rock.

Read Psalm 89 beginning to end. The poor omega can't see the first half of the poem is about what God promised and the second half is an accusation against God, that He, God, didn't carry through on those promises.

It ought to be illegal for anyone to read a Bible who hasn't taken a reading comprehension course!
If that person was to simply say that he enjoys being in mud & rock there wouldn't be an issue.

This is what happens when someone holds on tight to ideas/interpretations that are incorrect. The Bible itself advises to 'build on rock not sand'. When the foundations of ones belief contains errors, then everything they build upon that will be tainted/distorted by those misunderstandings.

It wasn't that long ago that the Catholic church denied people their own Bibles for fear that they'd arrive at conclusions different from what the church wanted them to think. (Why it was written in Latin)

The Bible wasn't written with free thinkers in mind.

Old 07-28-2018, 05:23 AM

4,765 posts, read 1,995,969 times
Quote:
If that person was to simply say that he enjoys being in mud & rock there wouldn't be an issue.

What I really enjoy is being insulted by the secular fundies. it exposes their real character and their lack of the intellect to discuss a subject with facts. They remind me of those who use to bad mouth blacks. As long as there was someone the considered inferrior to them it made them feel superior.

Quote:
This is what happens when someone holds on tight to ideas/interpretations that are incorrect. The Bible itself advises to 'build on rock not sand'. When the foundations of ones belief contains errors, then everything they build upon that will be tainted/distorted by those misunderstandings.

It most amusing when secular fundies , who are Biblically ignorant, because they do not study the subject, tell Christians their interpretations are incorrect. Where we may be, you don't know the Bible will enough to know where or why. So you rely one atheist web sites, who ae also Biblically ignorant, and liberals liked Ward...who twist what Scripture actually say to fit their own unBiblical theology. He also has to resort to insults, and his psycho-babble is hilarous. It would embarrass me to spew such nonsense.

I certainly would not rely on anyone who does not know the definition hyperbole but is willing to accept one that he thinks support what he thinks.

Quote:
It wasn't that long ago that the Catholic church denied people their own Bibles for fear that they'd arrive at conclusions different from what the church wanted them to think. (Why it was written in Latin)

Not only has conservative Christianity never done that, we insist our member study the Bible, so they will know how to be a better Christian.

Quote:
The Bible wasn't written with free thinkers in mind.

A typical secular fundie insult. Thank you. It comes from someone who is not a free thinker. You better toe line of the PC theology without thinking , or you night be considered Christian fundamentalist.

Old 07-28-2018, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega2xx View Post
What I really enjoy is being insulted by the secular fundies. it exposes their real character and their lack of the intellect to discuss a subject with facts. They remind me of those who use to bad mouth blacks. As long as there was someone the considered inferrior to them it made them feel superior.

It most amusing when secular fundies , who are Biblically ignorant, because they do not study the subject, tell Christians their interpretations are incorrect. Where we may be, you don't know the Bible will enough to know where or why. So you rely one atheist web sites, who ae also Biblically ignorant, and liberals liked Ward...who twist what Scripture actually say to fit their own unBiblical theology. He also has to resort to insults, and his psycho-babble is hilarous. It would embarrass me to spew such nonsense.

I certainly would not rely on anyone who does not know the definition hyperbole but is willing to accept one that he thinks support what he thinks.

Not only has conservative Christianity never done that, we insist our member study the Bible, so they will know how to be a better Christian.

A typical secular fundie insult. Thank you. It comes from someone who is not a free thinker. You better toe line of the PC theology without thinking , or you night be considered Christian fundamentalist.
You've got nothing to dispute my claims so you resort to cheap insult, gotcha.

No, it wasn't meant as an insult but if you've got something to get off your chest then please feel free to share.

What is a "secular fundie" btw? You should try your hand at writing fiction; you get lots of practice making crap up.

Edit: I just noticed that you took offense at a post that wasn't even directed at you.
You're really good at playing the victim.

Old 07-28-2018, 03:52 PM

Quote:
You've got nothing to dispute my claims so you resort to cheap insult, gotcha.

There is no need to dispute your claims until you have provided the evidence you think supports them, which you haven't done yet. post what you consider an insult by me to you and if it is, I will apologize.

Quote:
No, it wasn't meant as an insult but if you've got something to get off your chest then please feel free to share.

Nothing to get off my chest. I came her knowing I would be insulted and portrayed as ingorant out of touch with reality. As I have said many times, I enjoy the insults, they exose the true charactrer of the person.

Quote:
What is a "secular fundie" btw? You should try your hand at writing fiction; you get lots of practice making crap up.[

A secular fundie is the opposite of a Christian fundie. It would be one who accepts the ideology of secularism. I use it as play on words to poke fun at those who use the term Christian, fundie

Quote:
Edit: I just noticed that you took offense at a post that wasn't even directed at you.
You're really good at playing the victim.

Do you never reply to a post not directed to you?

Old 07-28-2018, 06:59 PM

Quote:
There is no need to dispute your claims until you have provided the evidence you think supports them, which you haven't done yet. post what you consider an insult by me to you and if it is, I will apologize.

Nothing to get off my chest. I came her knowing I would be insulted and portrayed as ingorant out of touch with reality. As I have said many times, I enjoy the insults, they exose the true charactrer of the person.

A secular fundie is the opposite of a Christian fundie. It would be one who accepts the ideology of secularism. I use it as play on words to poke fun at those who use the term Christian, fundie

Do you never reply to a post not directed to you?
I keep providing the "evidence", you Fundies keep choosing to ignore.

"Secular Fundie" wasn't designed as an insult? I'm neither Christian nor Atheist. If you were capable of comprehending my words (assuming you actually read what I write) you'd know that.
Only small minds that are unable to see outside of their self imposed little box of ignorance feel the need to pigeon hole others.

You "enjoy the insults"? Wow, that kinda speaks for itself & exposes the real you.

Old 07-29-2018, 04:21 AM

Quote:
I keep providing the "evidence", you Fundies keep choosing to ignore.

You keep providing what you think is evidence. Get a good dictionary.

Quote:
"Secular Fundie" wasn't designed as an insult? I'm neither Christian nor Atheist. If you were capable of comprehending my words (assuming you actually read what I write) you'd know that.

I could not care less what you are. It is irrelevant to what I say. I address what you say, not what you are.

Quote:
Only small minds that are unable to see outside of their self imposed little box of ignorance feel the need to pigeon hole others.

Only small minds think those who reject their views are ignorant. The even smaller minds think if they believe something it is true. How long did it take you to become omniscient?

Quote:
You "enjoy the insults"? Wow, that kinda speaks for itself & exposes the real you.

At least I don't insult those who disagree with me. Insulting others is the evidence of a very little mind.

Old 07-29-2018, 07:20 AM

Quote:
You keep providing what you think is evidence. Get a good dictionary.

I could not care less what you are. It is irrelevant to what I say. I address what you say, not what you are.

Only small minds think those who reject their views are ignorant. The even smaller minds think if they believe something it is true. How long did it take you to become omniscient?

At least I don't insult those who disagree with me. Insulting others is the evidence of a very little mind.
You must be a real joy to be around, all you do is bicker, talk nonsense & contradict yourself.

If you actually possess a dictionary & more importantly, if you know how to use it, look up the word 'secular' & stop using it out of context.

I reject your views because they're ignorant & useless.
"Omniscient"? You make me blush Omega. Sure it may look that way from your self imposed little box of ignorance but I can assure you that omniscience is a long way off I'm afraid. The word your looking for is 'aware'. (You know, the opposite of ignorant)

You continually insult those who disagree, don't lie. Hell, you even insult yourself arguing with your own posts, calling yourself a "certified idiot" (which was quite amusing actually)

Old 07-29-2018, 03:57 PM

Quote:
You must be a real joy to be around, all you do is bicker, talk nonsense & contradict yourself.

And all you do is pontificate, insult, and make statements you think are true, but NEVER provide the evidence to support them., and rant and rave about something you don't understand. Things tht only take the intellectual leve of a cave man to do.

Quote:
First of al lIf you actually possess a dictionary & more importantly, if you know how to use it, look up the word 'secular' & stop using it out of context.

If you understood context, you would know I do not put it in a context. Since you are so much smarter than I am, why don't you define the word and tell me how I use it out of context? I predict you will not do that.

Quote:
I reject your views because they're ignorant & useless.

No, you reject them because you THINK they are ignorant and useless. All of you secular fundies thin your are qualified to determine what is ignorant, useless and false. Think again, you are not.

Quote:
"Omniscient"? You make me blush Omega. Sure it may look that way from your self imposed little box of ignorance but I can assure you that omniscience is a long way off I'm afraid. The word your looking for is 'aware'. (You know, the opposite of ignorant)

It seems you are not aware that he opposite of ignorant is not "aware," it is "knowledgeable."

I use the word correctly. Here is another example where you need a good dictionary.

You continually insult those who disagree, don't lie. Hell, you even insult yourself arguing with your own posts, calling yourself a "certified idiot" (which was quite amusing actually)[/quote]

I challenge you to retract your lie that I insult others or post where i have. I also predict you will not do that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity