Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 07:46 AM

1,183 posts, read 537,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
There's a difference between a blasphemer and an infidel.
In order to blaspheme, according to some Christians, you must KNOW for yourself God is real and then purposely speak against His Holy Spirit. His name. And I think it's also been proposed for when one knows better and purposely leads another astray from His Word.
The O.T God that made this decree has a name. God is a title.
‘According to some Christians’ is silly argument. It reminds me of History Channel... “some thelogians say...”. That is opinion most likely spoken in ignorance or point of view that has no basis as fact.

Referencing the Lord, Creator all things, and insinuating all kinds of misdeeds and wrong doing is a very grave sin. It is not to be taken lightly. The Lord should not be mocked.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2018, 08:03 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SumTingy View Post
Referencing the Lord, Creator all things, and insinuating all kinds of misdeeds and wrong doing is a very grave sin. It is not to be taken lightly. The Lord should not be mocked.
Then, you should abandon your grave sin of fearmongering and eternal damnation theories.

Old 09-27-2018, 09:57 AM

4,345 posts, read 2,165,623 times
I think the ultimate blasphemy is attributing the works of the Lord to satan.........

Old 09-27-2018, 10:00 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Definition of Blasphemy
1a : the act of insulting or showing contempt or lack of reverence for God

No belief required. They have access to the Lord’s Word and decided against it. They are without excuse.
Unfortunately it is only getting worse.

Now even God sending his son to die so others can live is considered evil and psychotic.

Old 09-27-2018, 10:08 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Unfortunately it is only getting worse.

Now even God sending his son to die so others can live is considered evil and psychotic.

Even you have to admit that a god-thing which impregnates a virgin with himself so he can pretend to die for two days in order to save mankind from himself is weird to the max.

Old 09-27-2018, 10:09 AM

23,161 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
Definition of Blasphemy

No belief required. They have access to the Lord’s Word and decided against it. They are without excuse.
LOL, what a Crock.

Old 09-27-2018, 10:43 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
Even you have to admit that a god-thing which impregnates a virgin with himself so he can pretend to die for two days in order to save mankind from himself is weird to the max.
Well the virgin story was obviously added...most scholars say that...as far as God pretending
to die....my take is that only happened because people were so drastically, nutty lost in their concepts...
ie, stoning, laws galore, missing the point in general...that
THAT was the only thing their primitive belief system would understand! See?
"Ok someone shed BLOOD...alrighty then. Now we're talkin'!"....That shook them out of their nutty concepts that heaven
was closed to them, the fall of Man was forgiven, yay,
and that God was something other than pure Love, etc.

That was the perfect time for a Christ to suffer and die, with blood, always blood!
Btw, there are many books written on this...the timing and all in particular.

Old 09-27-2018, 10:46 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
LOL, what a Crock.
That tells us nothing...what do you define blasphemy as?

Old 09-27-2018, 10:53 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,223,196 times
Quote:
Definition of Blasphemy

Please provide a biblical definition, (preferably quoting god)not one written by men after the fact..

Old 09-27-2018, 10:55 AM

23,161 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
That tells us nothing...what do you define blasphemy as?
I can't, and everyone's opinion is just that, but it CERTAINLY isn't what SumTingy says.

My opinion is that it is referring to people who obtained the power of the spirit in Pentecost, and I don't believe anyone has had that power for 2000 years, and thus, they can't blaspheme the Holy spirit. WE see that husband and wife die at the threshold because they thought they could lie to the Holy spirit, and they were so fortunate as to have that power, but that they blasphemed it, they threw it away.

Those people were judged right then and there, and thank God we aren't all judged like that, but I don't think anyone can blaspheme the holy spirit unless they had the Holy spirit, and I don't believe anyone has the holy spirit.

I understand people have a spirit of God but people had this spirit before Pentecost, and it wasn't the same thing after Pentecost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity