Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2018, 02:28 AM

9,695 posts, read 10,035,424 times

Advertisements

Apostle Paul in 2 Thessalonians 3:10 said ....... ``for even while we were with you we gave you this command `` if anyone is unwilling to work , he shall not eat `` ....... So we need also to question the generosity of people who help not seek employment , like money for video games....they should demand that if you are not in school them you must pay 20 dollars rent to live here ........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2018, 06:36 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,253,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterhill160 View Post
Hello,

I have a query for Christians.

My friend who is a Christian has NO desire to look for work; he finds it boring, and would much rather play video games all day and do anything but consider working.

His sisters are running the house after his mother went into a mental hospital for six months. She's back and beginning to re-settle, but neither sister or mother encourage him to look for work. Right now, I feel like I'm the only one who will say anything, but even then I can't get through to him. He says his mother needs him, which is completely untrue since one sister works only two days, so there's plenty of time to look for work.

He says there's no chance since everyone wants someone with experience in a job, so I've pointed him in the direction of volunteering. He shrugs it off.

I want to throw Bible verses at him if I'm absolutely honest - I want to point the finger and tell him if he's a real believer, he'd go out to look for work just as the Bible says. The thing stopping me is I don't want to sound condemning. I shouldn't point the finger; I know I should put in more effort then I have. I just don't know how.

I know about ex-communication, at least I am aware of the verse that tells of it. Is this something I could warn him of? I have a small job and seeking to volunteer, but I do get worried that his lazy attitude might wear off on me. Except if I do that, I'd feel awful.

I'm considering sitting down with him away from the games and the computer and just talking. But where would I begin without sounding condemning?

Any help is appreciated greatly.

P.S Apologies for the title being "Christ" I forgot to change that, and don't know how to edit the title.
You must be talking about my grandson...his evangelical excuse of dad (aka sperm donor) has the boy convinced that "god will provide." Even if he stays in he house playing video games, god will eventually provide...

Old 10-06-2018, 02:13 PM

6,366 posts, read 2,924,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Beat me to it.

The OP's friend is a lazy guy who plays video games. Those things have nothing to do with his religion.

When one feeds their hearts and brains with garbage. What does one expect to come out of those hearts and brains? They say all these mass shootings has nothing to do with the garbage being fed to the children, out of the video games, Hollywood, even some music. Violence, immoral sex, the occult--God hates all 3. No follower feeds their hearts and brains with that garbage to the best of their abilities.
Many like this think they are Christian...Jesus doesn't see it that way-Matt 7:21-23

Old 10-06-2018, 02:25 PM

17,071 posts, read 10,938,029 times
Don't get confused, Pinacled, we are not talking about someone who is incapacitated, at least as far as operating a computer is concerned.

Old 10-06-2018, 11:04 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,392,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjw47 View Post
When one feeds their hearts and brains with garbage. What does one expect to come out of those hearts and brains? They say all these mass shootings has nothing to do with the garbage being fed to the children, out of the video games, Hollywood, even some music. Violence, immoral sex, the occult--God hates all 3. No follower feeds their hearts and brains with that garbage to the best of their abilities.
Many like this think they are Christian...Jesus doesn't see it that way-Matt 7:21-23
It's not what went in that defiles, it's what comes out.
And I would be careful with what you think about others.

It might not come out the way you believe it does, either.

Old 10-07-2018, 03:47 AM

6,366 posts, read 2,924,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
It's not what went in that defiles, it's what comes out.
And I would be careful with what you think about others.

It might not come out the way you believe it does, either.

There are exceptions--God told the world what they are-2Timothy 3-- Oh yes what ones feeds their hearts and minds is what comes back out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity