Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2018, 04:26 PM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannibal Flavius View Post
This is the point, if a Christian can't make friends with every non Christian in here, it does not fall on the head of the non Christian.
There is no reason Christians should ever have a problem with a non Christian.
Our whole existance is to show the world that Christians are the most loving people, happy people, and that
is how Christianity is spread.
Alright, Hannie!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2018, 04:45 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,944,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Choir Loft View Post
I read the words of some who cry coincidence.

Such persons are like the fools who refused to leave their homes in the face of cat 4 Hurricane Michael. They deserved their fate. Other folk were not so foolish. Stupidity is not a virtue and they knew enough to pay attention to warnings and act in the face of danger. Fools always resist good advice. Death and permanent loss is their reward. I wouldn't wish such a thing on a dog, but they seem to welcome it - even unto challenging the Master of Universe. (Never a good idea.)

Last year, when hurricane Irma approached, my wife and I obeyed authorities who told us to evacuate. It is better to lose a home than a life. But fools believe they know more than anyone. Those that remain are advised by authorities to wear toe tags so their dead bodies can be identified when the storm has passed. (*)

Anyone who has even a modicum of memory in their skulls can recall that throughout the entire year of 2018 the United States has been hit by constant and continuous disasters of every sort.

According to NBC news, levels of disastrous damage in the United States have averaged higher than one billion dollars a month. That particular statement was made in mid-summer before continuing fires volcanic eruptions and a series of tornadoes and hurricanes struck our communities and our homes. The average level of damage has risen considerably since that time.

The landfall of Hurricane Michael wasn't the result of college kids celebrating spring break on Florida beaches. It's the direct result of a country and a people who have collectively turned their backs upon God and told Him to leave us alone. Levels of sin and debauchery and licentiousness even in our churches is grievous to God and man alike. America is proud of the fascist police state we've created and we think our own wisdom will save us.

Not so many years ago, we might have seen one terrible hurricane strike every ten years or so. In recent memory we're getting hit by two or three a year. This is NOT a coincidence, especially for those of us who live and work in the path of these terrible storms or in places where monster fires or tornadoes ruin communities wholesale.

Listen to the news oh ye fools who think all this is coincidence. If you won't heed the Bible's warning, then watch the news. Have you not heard people interviewed on camera when they say that over the course of decades they've never seen anything like the tribulation that has come upon them? Are you blind and deaf? These events are not coincidental.

We shall all of us see more disasters and horrible events until and unless we repent and turn again to God who alone can save us. If we continue in our sins and justify ourselves with stubborn foolishness our entire country may be ruined to the point it cannot recover.

It is time to repent of our sins and to humble ourselves before God who alone is able to deliver us from future horrors.

that's me, hollering from the choir loft...
(*) I wish to bear testimony here that God was merciful to us during Hurricane Irma. While many lost their homes, ours was not damaged at all. Roofs were blown away and a huge oak tree was uprooted by the wind only a few yards away from our house. The screens in our windows weren't even torn. Praise God for His mercy unto us.
Amen. Keep hollering from the choir loft. Things are going to keep getting worse and worse as we move forward. Jesus said that it's going to get so bad people will be having heart attacks for the fear of the things coming on the earth. People had better tune their ears to what Jesus said and tune out the fools of today.

Old 10-17-2018, 09:11 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Amen. Keep hollering from the choir loft. Things are going to keep getting worse and worse as we move forward. Jesus said that it's going to get so bad people will be having heart attacks for the fear of the things coming on the earth. People had better tune their ears to what Jesus said and tune out the fools of today.

Old 10-24-2018, 03:44 AM

584 posts, read 1,935,864 times
looks like it is easier to blame god than say climate change is real. we have to do something and save the earth . just keep burning coal oil and gas

Old 10-24-2018, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendleton42 View Post
looks like it is easier to blame god than say climate change is real. we have to do something and save the earth . just keep burning coal oil and gas
God is not to blame, ever. Sinners are to blame; they willfully ignore His word and throw it behind their backs. They fail to realize their day in court with Judgment will in no wise be dismissed. The guilty don't go unpunished in this court. Your sleazy lawyer can't help you on that day.

Old 10-24-2018, 07:01 AM

6,961 posts, read 4,615,972 times
Quote:
God is not to blame, ever. Sinners are to blame; they willfully ignore His word and throw it behind their backs. They fail to realize their day in court with Judgment will in no wise be dismissed. The guilty don't go unpunished in this court. Your sleazy lawyer can't help you on that day.

Are you a sinner?

Old 10-24-2018, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Are you a sinner?
I used to be a sinner, but Jesus turned me into a Saint. Praise God!

Old 10-24-2018, 08:39 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,184,822 times
Quote:
i used to be a sinner, but jesus turned me into a saint. Praise god!

Lol!

Old 10-24-2018, 08:41 AM

10,501 posts, read 7,039,478 times
Quote:

Romans 3:9-10.

What then? Are we any better? Not at all. For we have already made the charge that Jews and Greeks alike are all under sin. As it is written: "There is no one righteous, not even one."

Old 10-24-2018, 09:19 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Wait. You believe death is God’s judgment for sinners, and you are going to die, so how is it that you don’t think you’re a sinner?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity