Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2018, 09:28 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,945,679 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
Romans 3:9-10.

What then? Are we any better? Not at all. For we have already made the charge that Jews and Greeks alike are all under sin. As it is written: "There is no one righteous, not even one."
You don't understand the Scripture that you cited. Nobody is righteous without God's grace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2018, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Wait. You believe death is God’s judgment for sinners, and you are going to die, so how is it that you don’t think you’re a sinner?
Everybody dies in these earthly bodies. The Saints go to Heaven and sinners inherit eternal death in hell fire.

Old 10-24-2018, 09:37 AM

6,518 posts, read 2,728,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonkonkomaNative View Post
Are you a sinner?
was once .. Now saved by his grace and mercy!
but I chose to see me as a "we"..) it is a way to think as in a clan speak( Isa 6:5

Then said I, Woe is me! for I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.
)

I chose to see me as a "we" ...as a sinner amongst sinners who are or will be saved by his grace... this is from the bottom looking up/ bottoms up ..

Now I have been tested on so many levels. He said recently said in his ways that He sees me as a saint/ pure and holy and set apart!
but that was his choice to make as to how he chooses to see me.
and then if I am also a "we" He might see some of the WE's ( they shared all things in common( 7 churches / and 7 sisters as clan speak) / his people as holy and set apart.

this is from His veiw ... the tops down.. that is His choice.
I chose to be a Weeeee.... Not a Me..

but I have been walking with Him and his word and His people, for very very many years.
I still choose to see me as a sinner among sinners of unclean lips.... that way repentance is never far from my lips and never far from my heart. and if he choses to see me as something different it is his choice.
and if he sees me as a "me" or a as a "we" it is also his choice!
I chose to be a WE in my heart !
and we are all a people of unclean lips and hearts in need of a savior and in need of a new heart( mind will and emotions).

Old 10-24-2018, 09:44 AM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Everybody dies in these earthly bodies. The Saints go to Heaven and sinners inherit eternal death in hell fire.
dress i n layers..and remeber..it ain't the heat, it's the HUMIDITY...

Old 10-24-2018, 10:24 AM

10,501 posts, read 7,039,478 times
Quote:
You don't understand the Scripture that you cited. Nobody is righteous without God's grace.

I certainly do. You are a sinner before, you are a sinner now, and you are always a sinner. Righteousness is indeed given with grace, but that doesn't keep you from being a sinner. Nor, as Paul notes later in the passage, should you be given to boasting.

Old 10-24-2018, 01:43 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Your first sentence is correct, the second is a figment of religious imagination.
Nowhere, do the Scripture use the term "eternal death in hellfire."

Old 10-24-2018, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinivanDriver View Post
I certainly do. You are a sinner before, you are a sinner now, and you are always a sinner. Righteousness is indeed given with grace, but that doesn't keep you from being a sinner. Nor, as Paul notes later in the passage, should you be given to boasting.
You don't even believe the Bible, yet you go about trying to teach?

1 John 3
6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.

Old 10-24-2018, 03:24 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,615,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by n..Xuipa View Post
was once ..

Good to know you do not sin. Same here.

Old 10-24-2018, 03:25 PM

6,961 posts, read 4,615,972 times
Quote:
I used to be a sinner, but Jesus turned me into a Saint. Praise God!

Not sinning should make you happier. I am not seeing it in you.

Old 10-24-2018, 04:00 PM

23,161 posts, read 10,449,759 times
Quote:
You don't even believe the Bible, yet you go about trying to teach?

1 John 3
6 Whosoever abideth in him sinneth not: whosoever sinneth hath not seen him, neither known him.
7 Little children, let no man deceive you: he that doeth righteousness is righteous, even as he is righteous.
8 He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.
9 Whosoever is born of God doth not commit sin; for his seed remaineth in him: and he cannot sin, because he is born of God.
You should try and understand that everything Jesus is always showing us who and what we are. There is a seed within us that cannot sin, and there is NO PERSON who doesn't sin.

Jesus isn't speaking of two kinds of people, he is speaking about the two kingdoms that you are, the first born and the second born, the second born is the righteous seed and the first born IS the your flesh, it's desires and it's sins, the lawless son who sins and he will always sin while the righteous seed within does not sin, and cannot sin even though it is inside the sinner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity