Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2018, 01:59 PM

1,382 posts, read 768,283 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew 4:4 View Post
I find even in 1st-century Christianity they just can't seem to win.
Many were even martyred for their stand.
So, it is No wonder at Matthew 10:22 it says Christians would be 'hated'.
Even those of apostate Christianity ( Christendom ) are hated for various reasons some scriptural and some not.
I suppose the 'dirt will come out with the wash' as described about the coming 'time of separation' to take place on Earth as found at Matthew 25:31-33,37,40.
Jesus will separate the fake/weed tares Christians ( figurative goats ) from the genuine wheat Christians (figurative sheep). The ones figuratively placed at Jesus' right hand of favor will be the Victors.
They will 'win' because they will be part of the humble meek who will inherit the Earth - Matthew 5:5; Psalm 37:9-11

Matthew 10:22 is in respect to Yeshua's disciples, none of whom were "Christian". As for the tares, the lawless/wicked (Matthew 13:41), they will be the "first" "gathered" to be burned (Matthew 13:30).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2018, 02:26 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times
Jesus said ...`` blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness sake for theirs is the kingdom of heaven....blessed are you, when men would revile you , and persecute you and will say all manner of evil against you falsely , for my sake .. Rejoice , and be exceeding glad , for great is your reward in heaven ``.......Matthew 5:10-12 ............... Jesus has us in a reward when people come against us so we can win .....

Old 11-09-2018, 02:52 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,637,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Jesus said ...`` blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness sake for theirs is the kingdom of heaven....blessed are you, when men would revile you , and persecute you and will say all manner of evil against you falsely , for my sake .. Rejoice , and be exceeding glad , for great is your reward in heaven ``.......Matthew 5:10-12 ............... Jesus has us in a reward when people come against us so we can win .....
Notice it says nothing about being blessed for being persecuted because you are a hypocrite, or saying all manner of evil against you truthfully.

Old 11-09-2018, 03:01 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,227,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
Fundie is meant as a slam and it's a code word for people who are perceived to not approve of SS relations.
Chapter and verse if you please...

Old 11-09-2018, 03:46 PM

10,036 posts, read 4,965,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndpillar View Post
Matthew 10:22 is in respect to Yeshua's disciples, none of whom were "Christian"..........
I find according to gospel writer Luke that Jesus' disciples since Pentecost are Christians.
Please notice what Luke wrote at Acts 11:26; Acts 26:28 besides 1st Peter 4:16.

Old 11-09-2018, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
An underworld of pain and suffering is not a literal place, neither is that of eternal damnation.
Since according to Psalm 92:7 the wicked will be destroyed forever, then the wicked are: eternally destroyed.
Destroyed is Not the same as the false teaching about pain and suffering in an underworld or anywhere else.
Mortal Adam had No post-mortem penalty, but just going back to unconscious dust as per Genesis 3:19.

Old 11-09-2018, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabfest View Post
We'll have to take your word for it.
Why Not take Jesus' word for it !
Jesus taught there is only sleep in death at John 11:11-14.
Jesus being well educated in the old Hebrew Scriptures learned that sleeping state at Psalms 115:17; Psalm 146:4.
King Solomon, known for his godly wisdom, wrote at Ecclesiastes 9:5 that the dead know nothing.
So, the dead know nothing but sleep. Nothing but sleep until Resurrection Day ( Jesus' coming millennium-long day of governing over Earth in righteousness ).
The dead will be resurrected out of the stone-cold grave, or as Rev. 20:13-14 says everyone in biblical 'hell' ( grave ) will be ' delivered up ' ( meaning resurrected out of the temporary grave/biblical hell). Then, emptied-out hell/grave is cast empty into that symbolic ' second death ' for vacated hell/grave.

Old 11-09-2018, 04:41 PM

1,183 posts, read 537,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Every one of your posts can be distilled down to: I am RIGHT. You are WRONG. I know MORE than YOU. I am ELECT!!!! SPECIAL!!! BETTER!!!

One of the best sermons I ever heard was also a short one. "You want to be like Jesus? Can you walk on water? Can you change water into wine? Can you make the blind see, or the lame walk? No. The only way you can be like Jesus is to humble yourself."

I fear you will be sadly disappointed when you leave this realm and your overblown expectations of being carried into Heaven on the shoulders of angels to a cheering crowd don't quite pan out.

That sermon is a nice sentiment but is completely wrong and unbiblical. The bar for us is set much higher. ‘Be perfect as your Father in heaven is perfect’

We may be similar in many ways. We might have the same taste in cuisine, teams we root for, and vote for the same candidates. However, I am not like you or your church. I am not part of your collective. And most likely, we will not end up in the same eternal place unless you submit to His way and His rule. You are in danger!!!

Old 11-09-2018, 05:08 PM

3,671 posts, read 2,244,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAAN View Post
If you follow the bible, you are labeled a Fundie, Fundamentalist, Uppity Christian, etc.

If you dont take the bible seriously and try to live on both sides of the fence, then you are called a Hypocrite SMH.

These are just examples Ive seen with at work, in my life and other believers life:
If you stay away from drama at the office, they look at you like you think you are better than them, but if they try you an you tell them off, the 1st response is, see thats why I dont go to church now, because Christians are hypocrites, when that Christian puts them in their place after a while. Yet those same people will go to the mall, store, their job and everywhere else that has hypocrites on a daily basis.

If you dont drink, then someone will make it their mission to get you drunk and call you sheltered because you dont drink and once they do, Christians shouldnt be drinking.

Waiting for marriage until you have sex, will have you called every name in the book almost to the point if they question your sexuality.

There is a 3300+ thread currently going to try to convince Christians about a certain way of life is normal according to the bible and then usual calling people fundies when they hold to their biblical beliefs.

In modern Christianity, you just can seem to win SMH
GREATER IS HE IN YOU THAN he IN THE WORLD. just read the letters to the 7 churches.

Old 11-09-2018, 05:11 PM

5,912 posts, read 2,604,822 times
Poor poor majority.

You’re the majority of the government too, right?

You people crack me up

Last edited by The Last Amalekite 1Sam15; 11-09-2018 at 06:15 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity