Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2018, 02:27 PM

1,259 posts, read 565,339 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
OFF TOPIC...attempted highjack of the thread.

PLEASE stay on topic and focus on the question---Is it wrong for men to be effeminate or for women to be masculine?

I've answered it. The Bible shows that it is a sin.

Old 11-26-2018, 02:32 PM

31,373 posts, read 20,213,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeWillCome2040 View Post
As a book of rules for proper behaviour, the bible makes a nice paperweight.

Old 11-26-2018, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Oh please You are making her act greater than the act of Jesus ....... Go sin no more more translated is you are free to go sin no more.. it is not the warning , dissapproval or threat you lean towards. The fact of the matter is, he did not approach her to call her an adulterer nor did he tell her to repent, it was those like minded to you that brought her to him. You condemnation of that which you are not approving of is of the wrong spirit. Quit justifying your condemnation by the misuse of the scriptures.

He told her to "sin no more". He acknowledge that she had sinned. Just as Jesus does here:

Joh 5:11 He answered them, He that made me whole, the same said unto me, Take up thy bed, and walk.
Joh 5:12 Then asked they him, What man is that which said unto thee, Take up thy bed, and walk?
Joh 5:13 And he that was healed wist not who it was: for Jesus had conveyed himself away, a multitude being in that place.
Joh 5:14 Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.

Old 11-26-2018, 03:05 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,407,338 times
Quote:

Quote:
I'll answer all your questions simply with this:

If a man is purposely trying to appear as a women or subjective to another it is a sin. If a woman is trying to purposely to appear as a man or as the head (in respect to subjectivity) then it is a sin.
Subjective?

Old 11-26-2018, 03:37 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,247,510 times
Quote:
No, your twisted interpretation says it is a sin...in fact it is not even your interpretation, but what you willingly choose to regurgitate as truth so you can be accepted by a god of FEAR and BIGOTRY in some ever lasting kingdom where you sit around for eternity singing Kum ba yah...instead of actually LOVING your neighbor and living as Christ taught--you choose to live as the church teaches, while rejecting the LIVING WORD.

Old 11-26-2018, 03:43 PM

37,340 posts, read 28,324,222 times
Quote:
He told her to "sin no more". He acknowledge that she had sinned. Just as Jesus does here:

Joh 5:11 He answered them, He that made me whole, the same said unto me, Take up thy bed, and walk.
Joh 5:12 Then asked they him, What man is that which said unto thee, Take up thy bed, and walk?
Joh 5:13 And he that was healed wist not who it was: for Jesus had conveyed himself away, a multitude being in that place.
Joh 5:14 Afterward Jesus findeth him in the temple, and said unto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sin no more, lest a worse thing come unto thee.
You are intentionally ignoring my point that Jesus Christ never approached anyone other than those likeminded to yourself to call them out for their sin or for being a sinner. Show me 1 place that he went to someone and said you are a such or such kind of sinner, other than a Pharisee and scribe. I thought the woes he called down on them was pretty mild considering it is them and the modern day equivalent that prevent those he so loved from entering the kingdom. The terrible thing is, you are basing you’re authority to judge assumed sin and sinners on 1 verse of scripture which is not saying what you think it is. Proving universalists are as closed minded as their Eternal tormentor counterparts.

Last edited by pcamps; 11-26-2018 at 03:53 PM..

Old 11-26-2018, 03:57 PM

4,466 posts, read 1,609,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Subjective?
Big surprise, he is one of those that believe a woman's place is behind her man, with the children, doing whatever he wants her to. Primitive men are still alive and well today.

Old 11-26-2018, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Subjective?

Yes, if you know why a marriage was created it shouldn't be even questioned.

Old 11-26-2018, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImissThe90's View Post
Big surprise, he is one of those that believe a woman's place is behind her man, with the children, doing whatever he wants her to. Primitive men are still alive and well today.
Quote:
I'll answer all your questions simply with this:

If a man is purposely trying to appear as a women or subjective to another it is a sin. If a woman is trying to purposely to appear as a man or as the head (in respect to subjectivity) then it is a sin.

Well, shoot HWC, if you want us lowly women folk to bow to you, at least use the right word. You want us to be subject to you, not "subjective". And you want men to appear to be lords and masters of women (not "in regard to subjectivity"),

Last edited by Pleroo; 11-26-2018 at 05:05 PM..

Old 11-26-2018, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Yes, if you know why a marriage was created it shouldn't be even questioned.
I have a strong desire to pat you on your little head, and give you a lollipop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity