Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2018, 02:10 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,793,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Since when has that meant anything. Multitudes believe in Universal Reconciliation, so what's your point?.
Because you are trying to portray me as an outlier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2018, 02:12 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Because you are trying to portray me as an outlier.
Obviously you think i am by saying i am out the ordinary. That's a very nice compliment.

Old 12-28-2018, 02:46 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,703,090 times
Quote:
The story does not say everyone was conversing. The rich man and Abraham only. I believe it was to make a point of the severity.

To the Church in Laodicea

Rev 3:14 And to the angel of the assembly of Laodicea, write: These things says the Amen, the faithful and true Witness, the Head of the creation of God:
Rev 3:15 I know your works, that you are neither cold nor hot. I would that you were cold, or hot.
Rev 3:16 So, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I am about to vomit you out of My mouth.
Rev 3:17 Because you say, I am rich, and I am made rich, and I have need of nothing, and do not know that you are wretched and miserable and poor and blind and naked.
Rev 3:18 I advise you to buy from Me gold having been fired by fire, that you may be rich; and white garments, that you may be clothed, and your shame and nakedness may not be revealed. And anoint your eyes with eye salve, that you may see.

Rev 3:19 I, as many "as I love, I rebuke and I chasten." Be zealous, then, and repent. Prov. 3:12
Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door and knock: If anyone hears My voice and opens the door, I will enter to him, and I will dine with him, and he with Me.
Rev 3:21 The one overcoming, I will give to him to sit with Me in My throne, as I also overcame and sat with My Father in His throne.
Rev 3:22 The one who has an ear, hear what the Spirit says to the assemblies.

The assemblies are those that say we know what the scriptures mean but pervert the word of God which is sown in the scriptures, with the words of man that have been sown in the same place

Exo 18:1 And Jethro the priest of Midian, the father-in-law of Moses, heard all that which God had done for Moses and for His people Israel, that Jehovah had caused Israel to go out from Egypt.
Exo 18:2 And Jethro, Moses' father-in-law, took Zipporah, Moses' wife, (after Moses had sent her away,)
Exo 18:3 and her two sons, one's name was Gershom (for he said, I have become an alien in a foreign land
Exo 18:4 and one's name was Eliezer (for the God of my father was my Help, and delivered me from the sword of Pharaoh).
Exo 18:5 And Jethro, Moses' father-in-law, and his sons and his wife came to Moses, to the wilderness where he camped, at the mount of God.
Exo 18:6 And he said to Moses, I, your father-in-law Jethro, and your wife, and your two sons with her have come to you.
Exo 18:7 And Moses went out to meet his father-in-law, and bowed, and kissed him. And they asked each to his neighbor, as to their welfare. And they came into the tent.
Exo 18:8 And Moses told his father-in-law all that Jehovah had done to Pharaoh and to Egypt on account of Israel, all the trouble which they had found in the way, and Jehovah had delivered them.
Exo 18:9 And Jethro rejoiced regarding all the good which Jehovah had done to Israel whom He had delivered from the hand of Egypt.
Exo 18:10 And Jethro said, Blessed be Jehovah who has delivered you from the hand of Egypt, and from the hand of Pharaoh; He who delivered the people from under the hand of Egypt.
Exo 18:11 Now I know that Jehovah is greater than all the gods; truly, in the way in which He acted proudly against them.
Exo 18:12 And Jethro, the father-in-law of Moses, took a burnt offering and sacrifices to God. And Aaron and all the elders of Israel came to eat bread before God with Moses' father-in-law.

Jer 7:1 The Word that came to Jeremiah from Jehovah, saying,
Jer 7:2 Stand in the gate of the house of Jehovah and call out there this Word, and say, Hear the Word of Jehovah all Judah, who enter in at these gates to worship Jehovah.
Jer 7:3 So says Jehovah of Hosts, the God of Israel, Amend your ways and your doings, and I will let you dwell in this place.
Jer 7:4 Do not trust yourself to lying words, saying, The temple of Jehovah! The temple of Jehovah! This is the temple of Jehovah!
Jer 7:5 For if you thoroughly amend your ways and your doings; if you truly practice justice between a man and his neighbor;
Jer 7:6 if you do not oppress the stranger, the orphan, and the widow; and do not pour out innocent blood in this place, or walk after other gods to your evil;
Jer 7:7 then I will let you dwell in this place, in the land that I gave to your fathers, from forever and to forever.

Jer 7:10 And will you then come and stand before Me in this house on which My name is called, and say, We are delivered in order to do all those detestable things.
Jer 7:11 Has this house on which My name is called become a den of violent ones in your eyes? Behold, even I have seen, declares Jehovah.

Jer 7:14 And I will do to the house on which My name is called, in which you are trusting, and to the place which I gave to you and to your fathers, as I have done to Shiloh.

Jer 7:20 So the Lord Jehovah says this: Behold, My anger and My fury will be poured out on this place, on man and on animal, and on the trees of the field, and on the fruit of the ground. And it will burn and will not be put out.
Jer 7:21 So says Jehovah of Hosts, the God of Israel: Add your burnt offerings to your sacrifices and eat flesh.
Jer 7:22 For I did not speak to your fathers, nor command them in the day that I brought them out from the land of Egypt, concerning matters of burnt offerings and sacrifices.

Jer 7:23 But I commanded them this thing, saying, Obey My voice, and I will be your God, and you shall be My people. Also, Walk in all the ways that I have commanded you, so that it may be well with you.
Jer 7:24 But they did not listen nor bow their ear. But they walked in their own plans, in the stubbornness of their evil heart, and went backward and not forward.
Jer 7:25 Since the day that your fathers came out of the land of Egypt until this day, I have even sent to you all My servants, the prophets, daily rising up early and sending.
Jer 7:26 Yet they did not listen to Me nor bow their ear, but they stiffened their neck. They did more evil than their fathers.
Jer 7:27 And you shall speak all these Words to them, but they will not listen to you. And you will call to them, but they will not answer you.
Jer 7:28 But you shall say to them, This is the nation that does not obey the voice of Jehovah their God, nor receive instruction. Truth has perished, and it is cut off from their mouth.
Jer 7:29 Cut off your crown and throw it away, and lift up a dirge on the heights. For Jehovah has rejected and forsaken the generation of His wrath.

Jesus came in his Fathers name about the kingdom of God, That rules the earth

Jesus Cleanses the Temple

Mat 21:12 And Jesus entered into the temple of God and threw out all those selling and buying in the temple. And He overthrew the tables of the money changers and the seats of those selling the doves.
Mat 21:13 And He said to them, It has been written, "My house shall be called a house of prayer," but you have "made it a den of plunderers."
Isa. 56:7; Jer. 7:11
Mat 21:14 And blind and lame ones came to Him in the temple, and He healed them.
Mat 21:15 But the chief priests and the scribes, seeing the wonders which He did, and the children crying out in the temple, and saying, Hosanna to the Son of David, they were incensed.
Mat 21:16 And they said to Him, Do you hear what these say? And Jesus said to them, Yes. Did you never read, "Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings You have perfected praise
?" LXX-Psa. 8:3; MT-Psa. 8:2

And Christianity has made the kingdom into saving themselves from being human, and burning their fellow humans in an eternal fire which NEVER crossed Gods mind

Old 12-28-2018, 02:49 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,365,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
Christianity has made the kingdom into saving themselves ..., and burning their fellow humans in an eternal fire which NEVER crossed Gods mind.
AMEN!

Old 12-28-2018, 02:55 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
And Christianity has made the kingdom into saving themselves from being human, and burning their fellow humans in an eternal fire which NEVER crossed Gods mind
Amen!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
AMEN!
It cannot be acknowledged enough!

Old 12-28-2018, 03:00 PM

Quote:
The story does not say everyone was conversing. The rich man and Abraham only. I believe it was to make a point of the severity.
Clutching at straws, who said they were all conversing?. The fact is they were conversing and they could see each other. You believe neither are possible, so why persist in believing the "parable" is about heaven and hell?.. If you do, be upfront and say it. I have you cornered by your own contradictory beliefs.

Lazarus.... Abe, Who are you talking to over this great divide between heaven and hell

Abe........You remember that filthy rich dude whose house you used to beg at, well he's over the otherside of the great divide.

Lazarus........ Abe, Do you have any stones i can stone the bleeder with, some nice size ones would be nice, it can't be that far over there if you pair can hear each other and see each other?.

Old 12-28-2018, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Clutching at straws, who said they were all conversing?. The fact is they were conversing and they could see each other. You believe neither are possible, so why persist in believing the "parable" is about heaven and hell?.. If you do, be upfront and say it. I have you cornered by your own contradictory beliefs.

Lazarus.... Abe, Who are you talking to over this great divide between heaven and hell

Abe........You remember that filthy rich dude whose house you used to beg at, well he's over the otherside of the great divide.

Lazarus........ Abe, Do you have any stones i can stone the bleeder with, some nice size ones would be nice, it can't be that far over there if you pair can hear each other and see each other?.
I never said it was impossible, but rather there is no sorrow in heaven. What is the meaning of this story?

Old 12-28-2018, 03:19 PM

Quote:
I never said it was impossible, but rather there is no sorrow in heaven. What is the meaning of this story?
So you believe heaven and hell are close enough that those in hell can see heaven and vice versa?, pure evil. You telling me even though you can see hell you will have no sorrow. The locusts have eaten away all godly thoughts you had at one time. I pray God will restore them

Old 12-28-2018, 03:35 PM

Quote:
So you believe heaven and hell are close enough that those in hell can see heaven and vice versa?, pure evil. You telling me even though you can see hell you will have no sorrow. The locusts have eaten away all godly thoughts you had at one time. I pray God will restore them
I never said that. The story gives a conversation between two beings. Whether that means we can see/talk, I do not know, but I doubt, as there is no sorrow in heaven. As I said, I believe the conversation is to show the severity of hell.

What do you believe this story is about?

Old 12-28-2018, 03:44 PM

Quote:
I never said that. The story gives a conversation between two beings. Whether that means we can see/talk, I do not know, but I doubt, as there is no sorrow in heaven. As I said, I believe the conversation is to show the severity of hell.

What do you believe this story is about?
That's the purpose of the parable? How can you ever be taken serious. Jesus taught the severity of hell through a parable, c'mon man you are not thinking right.

Why Jesus spoke in parables.

Because it has been given to you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been given . . . . And in them the prophecy of Isaiah is fulfilled, which says: 'Hearing you will hear and shall not understand, and seeing you will see and not perceive, for the heart of this people has grown dull. Their ears are hard of hearing, and their eyes they have closed, lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, lest they should understand with their heart and turn, so that I should heal them' (Matthew 13:11,14,15).

So if it is not given to them to understand parables, how the hell are they going to understand the severity of hell by a parable?. Please don't try and tell me it's not a parable.

You are not being truthful too about whether heaven and hell can communicate and be seen from which ever place you may be in, there is not a bible fundamentalist that believes you can see hell from heaven or speak from heaven to those in hell.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity