Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2019, 11:30 PM

1,613 posts, read 1,028,873 times

Advertisements

Firstly, let me apologize for steering a thread down a particular path.

Here it is: vaccines,plagues, GMO's, and Revelation...

Now, with respect to the title of this thread, the matter is 'having discerned if we are or are not in the end times (discerned) by the signs, should people be repenting and turning to God?'

The simple answer is that they should always be doing this. The complex answer is that some will and many won't, because that is just how it works. There is no point fretting about it, and we were not called to worry.

There is however a necessity to understand the matters in the world, since in Jesus' day there was no separation between religion and politics - to do so is antithetical to the very idea that God is in and through everything. Jesus would be standing up to corruption were he here now in the flesh, and he is here now, in you and I. The signs of the times are to be understood and pushed back on, as we shine the light of Christ, and bring hope to others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2019, 01:21 AM

3,536 posts, read 1,709,991 times
I think we are always near the end of time in the sense that our lives are short and fleeting and we do not know when our time on earth will end. That is enough to cause me to want to be as perfected as I can be when my time is up because I do not want to die with things in my heart or life that I am ashamed of. I think it is best that we search ourselves rather than paying attention to the chaos around us. There has always been chaos around in every age of history.

Old 03-02-2019, 03:08 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times
There sometimes is a prophetic Word of God which is always biblically based and always for faith from God in our Church which God says basically .... ``The world is messed up , I give you my Son and bring you salvation through His blood , don`t wait, for I am coming soon ``....... This is basically a form in a message God brings which His words are a lot more articulate in English ....... See God brought the book of revelation and other prophecies to get people to lay down their lives to Jesus , as time is always running out for people lives , and time is running out for the world who is adopting sin which will destroy the world .....

Old 03-02-2019, 05:10 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,365,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
I think we are always near the end of time in the sense that our lives are short and fleeting and we do not know when our time on earth will end. That is enough to cause me to want to be as perfected as I can be when my time is up because I do not want to die with things in my heart or life that I am ashamed of. I think it is best that we search ourselves rather than paying attention to the chaos around us. There has always been chaos around in every age of history.
Yep, chaos in every age. I thought the world would end by '85 at the very latest after reading The Late Great Planet Earth. But the fact we have another mass extinction going on thanks to the wonderful stewards of this planet, I think only a divine intervention does it. Hang on to your hats with the weather, everyone's going to see for themselves.

Old 03-02-2019, 08:27 AM

31,373 posts, read 20,190,517 times
I think people who believe we are in the "end times" are weak-minded, insecure and passive. Rather than doing their part to right wrongs, do good, and help others, they throw up their hands, sit on their fat butts for an hour in church and say it's "God's will."

Old 03-02-2019, 08:50 AM

10,213 posts, read 14,836,946 times
By design, there are enough prophesied 'generic End Time signs' (wars, rumors, quakes, famines, signs in the sky, etc) for every generation to believe theirs is the final generation. Likewise, even without the world's End Times, every individual faces their own 'end time' at the end of their life. With the acceleration of events (or awareness of these events), there is sufficient reason for every God-seeking person to feel an equal sense of urgency about the the plight of the lost.

During this generation, there have additionally been numerous prophetic signs uniquely fulfilled for the first time (Israel re-established as a nation (1948); Jerusalem (1967); mass migration of dispersed Jews from specific countries - back to Israel; Gospel preached (available) to all the world knowledge abounding like never before (Internet) and a dozen other unique signs). Whether this is the final "season" prior to the Great Tribulation - or not, is less relevant than the sense of urgency individual believers exercise in introducing their lost friends, family and loved ones to Jesus Christ and Salvation.

While nobody knows the hour or day, we are to recognize the "season" and be about the Lord's business of bringing souls into His eternal kingdom (Great Commission)... "whether in or out of 'season'."

Old 03-02-2019, 09:55 AM

277 posts, read 227,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Age-enduring View Post
Firstly, let me apologize for steering a thread down a particular path.

Here it is: vaccines,plagues, GMO's, and Revelation...

Now, with respect to the title of this thread, the matter is 'having discerned if we are or are not in the end times (discerned) by the signs, should people be repenting and turning to God?'

The simple answer is that they should always be doing this. The complex answer is that some will and many won't, because that is just how it works. There is no point fretting about it, and we were not called to worry.

There is however a necessity to understand the matters in the world, since in Jesus' day there was no separation between religion and politics - to do so is antithetical to the very idea that God is in and through everything. Jesus would be standing up to corruption were he here now in the flesh, and he is here now, in you and I. The signs of the times are to be understood and pushed back on, as we shine the light of Christ, and bring hope to others.
The question is Age-since the Scriptures declare a time of 'falling away', Satan being let loose 'to deceive the world', a time of temptation 'unlike any other', and many other such sayings, it would seem that the elect(those given the Holy Spirit) would see that time for what it is and be warning people. So the question I posed in the other thread was; Are the things taking place right now lining up with what the book of Revelation (and as you said, the whole New Testament) said would take place at the end? I believe the answer to be yes. And if so, now more than ever, people should be clinging to the Word of God -the lamp to our feet, to guide us (but if we say we do the truth and don't, that just makes us liars)... So if there are events happening today that were never possible before-due to advances in mans knowledge (perhaps passed to him by Satan) then I say we need to examine our lives more judicially and 'exhort one another' as we see the day approaching... So I encourage people to read the other thread and come back and reply. (Please keep this discussion within the context of what you think the Scriptures do or don't say, not what conspiracies are floating around out there, lest the moderators lock it up for straying off topic)...

Old 03-02-2019, 09:58 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,923,595 times
As to the OP, absolutely, Henny Penny! The sky IS falling and we gotta save ALL we can from our imaginary “vengeance.”

Old 03-02-2019, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
Thank you Rain, that is partly the point I am trying to make-that we should be examining ourselves- though I am taking it a step farther in that I believe God gave us the Revelation, so we would recognize those times when they came upon us-so that we would know how we ought to be living when it happens... The question is-are we in times that are simply no different than all of history,or is there something else going on right now that is different?

TC

Old 03-02-2019, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TroutDude View Post
I think people who believe we are in the "end times" are weak-minded, insecure and passive. Rather than doing their part to right wrongs, do good, and help others, they throw up their hands, sit on their fat butts for an hour in church and say it's "God's will."
Hey Trout, I guess we will see how you respond then, when the things happening in other countries come here. And they will. Moreover, the 'end times' will be the best opportunity to declare God's will in spite of what may be happening. What you see in American mainstream 'Christianity' is not the true Church of God. The real deal is out there today doing exactly what you said 'righting wrongs, doing good an helping others... But that isn't what gets you to Heaven; Jesus said to amend your ways and doings. That's called 'repentance'. He said to first put away your own lifestyle that isn't good, and then you will know to do good to others. If you think entering into a agreement with God is for 'the weak minded', I have news for you... It is the power of God unto salvation. You should go ask God for that power, because you are going to need it for what is coming...

TC
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity