Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2009, 10:16 PM

1 posts, read 2,317 times

Advertisements

My research seems to indicate 2019 as the logical date of His return to wrap things up at Armageddon. I believe that's why 2012 has become a hot topic: It likely will be the start of the seven year tribulation.

[URL="http://www.lasttrumpetministries.org"]www.lasttrumpetministries.org[/URL]
[URL="http://www.cuttingedge.org"]www.cuttingedge.org[/URL]

both sites have been absolutely pivotal in opening my eyes in the last decade. They are the two best on the internet. They are both hard-hitting, well documented and researched sites and very, very interesting reading. I agree with the above blogger about dissing debt and the Lord had me start that procedure in the year 2005. I am now clear, owe nothing, drive a paid for, low maintenance vehicle and live humbly compared to my former years. May the peace of our Lord Jesus Christ be upon you all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2009, 08:12 AM

1,952 posts, read 4,790,471 times
Quote:
And so he told us to "keep on the watch" because 'we do not know on what day the Lord is coming.'
I agree. We don't NEED to know...if we did, He would've told us. We need to do what He said to do, which is watch, and be ready.

'Nuff said...

Old 12-19-2009, 10:05 AM

25,080 posts, read 16,329,300 times
I know the year the Lord is going to return! .... The year we think not... laugh a little. The Bible is clear on the second coming. HE is coming at an hour we think not, I believe that includes the year too even though I like Sid Roth and find all of this very interesting. I think I wish we could know the year. But God knows best for us. I have been thinking about this a lot lately. What if HE does not come back in my life time is a question that is screaming louder and louder in mind more often now. My great grandmother believed in her day the coming of the Lord was near because she thought she was living in perilous times. I am not sure if my grandmother believed, but my mother did. She believed the coming of the Lord was at hand in our life time because of the wars, rumors of wars, earthquakes in diverse places, storms and the hard times in general. My mom passed away and there has been no rapture, no return and no great movement rendering the Church spot and wrinkle free. My point is a whole bunch of faith-filled Believers have been waiting since Peter the Apostle who also expected the Lord's return in his day, and life is still going on sort of like business as usual. The Bible says we won't know exactly, but we could and should recognize the season- when HIS coming is near. This seems like the season, but we may be at the beginning of the birth pangs. Even if it is the middle it may not be in any of our life times. I think we are all just going to have to keep the faith as "the just shall live by faith" and be prepared for what if... one way or the other.

Old 12-19-2009, 10:27 AM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times
to the OP . . . No!

Old 12-19-2009, 12:44 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,441,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisTruth View Post
I agree that the time of Jesus return is near.

When leaves start to fall and turn yellow and orange, we know that autumn is around the corner.

How can we deny when all the signs mentioned in the Bible is right in front of us?

I was blinded to the truth until very recently when the truth was revealed to me by the Holy Spirit.
This generation may be the generation to see the coming of Jesus Christ.
We need to prepare the best we can in the short time by reading the word of God and helping others see the truth.

YES!! YES!! And YES AGAIN!! Aren't the leaves falling...........

Old 12-20-2009, 03:41 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times
One one will ever no the date that Jesus comes to deliver us, but we can know the signs. Jesus said in Matthew 24:32-33 ``Now learn a parable of the fig tree When his branch is yet tender and putteth forth leaves, ye know that summer is nigh`` tells the time when Jesus will come. Means sin of the fig tree. Adam covered him self with fig leaves when he sined. This sin in the earth begins to grow then grow fast uncontroled to full tragedy were living as a believer is stopped, then Jesus will have to come to save his church from disappearing of the earth. Know the signs do not be deceived. Lord will say One day In Heaven `` Enough`` and he send a thunder clap to the earth.

Old 12-20-2009, 09:29 PM

1,413 posts, read 2,464,550 times
I don't believe one can know, nor do I believe as Christians we should be trying to guess when that will happen . . . . .

but I hope it is soon. I believe there are so many signs that signify that we are living in end times.

Old 12-30-2009, 05:20 AM

1 posts, read 2,214 times
Can we know the year of the Lord's return?
That is a good question, as the Early Church expected his return then and most generations sense has expected his return in their life times. Now! the question is does the date of Israel becoming a nation, 1948 shed any new light of the subject? If in fact this is the fulfillment of the prophecy in Matthew 24, then we could say, We are the generation to see his Return! Many prophecies have been spoken to this end, but what is the Lord speaking to each of us individually? Paul tells us in I Cor. that one is to prophecy and the others are to weigh Carefully what is said. This means that we are to let the Holy Spirit guide us and not be swayed by what people have to say. This is called discernment which is a gift of the Holy Spirit as spoken of in I Cor. 12. When it gets down to the final wire if we are not hearing the Holy Spirit and we are proclaiming the signs of the times or any other spiritual subject then we are as stated in I Cor. 13, a clanging bell which doesn't mean much.
Jesus told his desciples in Matthew 24, "watch out that no one deceives you"
God has a plan and he has told us much about what is to take place in the near future, many things point to his return but there are still many things that need to happen. A wise man once said that patiences is a virtue. I for one pray that I will be prepared when that day comes!

Old 12-31-2009, 01:54 PM

589 posts, read 1,560,559 times
Of course God wants his true believers to know when Jesus will return, if not then why give us the prophecy at all? Not only does God wants us to know the year but the exact day! However, the information given in the Scriptures is in code so not everyone who read it will understand or else even those who don't deserve to escape the judgment will be able to.

Old 01-07-2010, 02:44 PM

205 posts, read 374,551 times
jesus or the angels of heaven or man dont know........only the the god almighty will know.....son go get your bride.........just as in the days of noah ... look how the poeple were living in those days..in genesis ch.6 indacates the sons of god ,[b"nai elohim] took wives of the daughters of men,which gave birth to nephilim.. fallen angels or demons...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity