Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2020, 08:57 PM

12,918 posts, read 16,865,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The disciples did ask him questions so obviously Jesus did not mind being asked them

This is one of the things ii would have asked after i heard Jesus say "Let not your heart be troubled neither let it be afraid".

What shall i let my heart be then and how do you it ?. If your answer is just have faith or believe, could you please expound on that.
It is obvious that you lack faith. What is keeping you from believing? His words bring comfort to all who believe.

What keeps you from believing?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2020, 09:08 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,699,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post
It is obvious that you lack faith. What is keeping you from believing? His words bring comfort to all who believe.

Lol, from what pcamps posts it is obvious to me (others) that he does believe and have faith.... he just doesn’t believe the particular doctrines that you ascribe to

Old 05-03-2020, 03:20 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzyRules View Post

Sounds like you have blind faith and no understanding in why you believe what you do. God said it i believe it so primitive.

What is man that You are mindful of him,And the son of man that You visit him? It's obvious David lacked faith asking this question

Old 05-03-2020, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Nope, and hi again,
Now that you're asking...your first op ques and this one are not mysteries to me, but
didn't wanna sound like my usual smarty pants self.
You may not rem or never read particular posts of mine ----but I have prayed on people and they are healed from coma's dying in the ICU on machines keeping them alive or a drunk buddy of mine from severe, troubling health problems just placing my hand on his shoulder and telling the Holy Spirit to heal him from head to toe...and many more things, so I know 'that place'.

See, now people hate me like I'm bragging...(I'm not), I'm singing praise to the power of God and the power He gave us inside to do what He does...hoping it will inspire others to cut the paper chains of
of limitations.
Miss H, they are no longer mysteries to me, but the understanding of them did not come by reading John 14. That's my point.

Old 05-03-2020, 03:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Why do you look so mean in your pictures?
Ask the artist

Old 05-03-2020, 06:25 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,007,109 times
Default heart

Quote:
The disciples did ask him questions so obviously Jesus did not mind being asked them

This is one of the things ii would have asked after i heard Jesus say "Let not your heart be troubled neither let it be afraid".

What shall i let my heart be then and how do you it ?. If your answer is just have faith or believe, could you please expound on that.

In this aspect P, Jesus is speaking of your innermost self, you're being so to speak. I find it impossible to control my mind, but it truly does help to think about other things if your "heart" is leading you astray. When Jesus said that, he was basically saying it will all work out in the end. He had mentioned earlier at Mat 6:25 about not worrying about what to eat or drink of wear, and each day would have their own anxieties v34, but in v33 he said clearly God would take care of the essentials if we would just seek the Kingdom first in our lives.

Old 05-03-2020, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
In this aspect P, Jesus is speaking of your innermost self, you're being so to speak. I find it impossible to control my mind, but it truly does help to think about other things if your "heart" is leading you astray. When Jesus said that, he was basically saying it will all work out in the end. He had mentioned earlier at Mat 6:25 about not worrying about what to eat or drink of wear, and each day would have their own anxieties v34, but in v33 he said clearly God would take care of the essentials if we would just seek the Kingdom first in our lives.
I wasn't asking anyone what it meant. I was pointing out that a lot of what Jesus said did not come with much explanation.

Old 05-03-2020, 08:11 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,007,109 times
Default understanding

Quote:
I wasn't asking anyone what it meant. I was pointing out that a lot of what Jesus said did not come with much explanation.
It is quite imperitive to understand what he said P

Old 05-03-2020, 08:22 AM

614 posts, read 173,011 times
If I didn't have to ask right away my questions would be different. If I could follow Him around and wait until something came to me, I would ask some things that the disciples didn't record being asked. One such question would be about the nature of consciousness. And I would ask some questions pertaining to physics. And some questions about what the best forms of government are. I think I understand the importance of love, but I would ask some things about that too. And, then, try to pin down more precisely what faith is. I would ask those questions because I am curious about the answers myself.

I think the questions he was asked were asked of Him because God wanted them asked, and the answers written down. I don't know if my questions would rise to that level. He might look at me like I was a troll, if I just came up and asked Him those things. That's why I would wait, until He knew I was for real, and until He didn't have to cage His answers because those people were around. I know He dealt with enough of that.

Just imagine what it would do to you, if you asked Him your question and He deflected it, or otherwise answered in a manner that troubled you. He might have told me that I was not one of the children of Israel, and that it would be wrong for Him to answer me. Then it would have been up to me to answer like the woman whose daughter was demon possessed but who didn't have that standing. I might not have had the faith to reply that the dogs under the table at least get to eat the crumbs.

Old 05-03-2020, 08:56 AM

88,584 posts, read 84,795,337 times
Quote:
ask the artist
Hahaha, perhaps my feeling that Jesus never really liked me much comes solely from looking at pictures in childhood.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity