Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2020, 07:20 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
And intends to slaughter billions more who don't become JW's.
It seems to me that those who claim to be on their way to heaven unwittingly portray Jehovah in the same manner many in Israel did, back in the day. Superstition can cause you to believe a lot of crazy stuff, you write it down then it somehow becomes inerrant and infallible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2020, 07:32 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,360,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
It seems to me that those who claim to be on their way to heaven unwittingly portray Jehovah in the same manner many in Israel did, back in the day. Superstition can cause you to believe a lot of crazy stuff, you write it down then it somehow becomes inerrant and infallible.
If you repeat a lie, over and over, it becomes your reality. Can I get a second witness?

Old 09-03-2020, 08:29 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,033,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
But you know, you can't communicate with HWY54 unless you use a scripture. That's the only way he can communicate. No original thinking or writing is allowed. That's just noise and static.
No, no, no, not scripture, Watch Tower dogma...

Old 09-04-2020, 05:03 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,007,109 times
Default Government

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
And intends to slaughter billions more who don't become JW's.

Do you know of any government that doesn't have laws maam? You simply cannot have unrighteous living with righteous, as you can see, it doesn't work. If you are not able to discern that yet, Jehovah is going to allow the unrighteous to bring the earth to the point of extinction before He sends His forces to remove the remainder of the unrighteous that are still left. Mat 24:22

Old 09-04-2020, 05:03 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
If you repeat a lie, over and over, it becomes your reality. Can I get a second witness?

Old 09-04-2020, 05:06 AM

Default Who is your neighbor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
Who is your neighbor? Do you not condemn them?
You sound like a hypocritical self-absorbed person.

Great question sir, Jesus answered that very clearly: (Luke 10:29-37) . . .the man said to Jesus: “Who really is my neighbor?” 30 In reply Jesus said: “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jerʹi·cho and fell victim to robbers, who stripped him, beat him, and went off, leaving him half-dead. 31 Now by coincidence a priest was going down on that road, but when he saw him, he passed by on the opposite side. 32 Likewise, a Levite, when he came to the place and saw him, passed by on the opposite side. 33 But a certain Sa·marʹi·tan traveling the road came upon him, and at seeing him, he was moved with pity. 34 So he approached him and bandaged his wounds, pouring oil and wine on them. Then he mounted him on his own animal and brought him to an inn and took care of him. 35 The next day he took out two de·narʹi·i, gave them to the innkeeper, and said: ‘Take care of him, and whatever you spend besides this, I will repay you when I return.’ 36 Who of these three seems to you to have made himself neighbor to the man who fell victim to the robbers?” 37 He said: “The one who acted mercifully toward him.” Jesus then said to him: “Go and do the same yourself.”

Did Jesus answer that well for you sir?

Old 09-04-2020, 05:08 AM

Default Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
How on Earth can YOU claim to know God? You say God views life as precious? Please, tell me then, Why does the Big J snuff out most of the people he made? This is viewing life as precious?!?

You are a walking talking contradiction.

May I ask, how would you handle His judicial decisions differently?

Old 09-04-2020, 05:52 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,365,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
May I ask, how would you handle His judicial decisions differently?
Nothing I say will break a hardened heart, only God can do that. But I will answer anyway...punishment without corrective action is cruel...God is not cruel...period. He doesn't kill most people...that is absurd and teaching it is borderline blasphemy...careful were YOU tread.

Old 09-04-2020, 06:49 AM

1,196 posts, read 753,866 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post
Nothing I say will break a hardened heart, only God can do that. But I will answer anyway...punishment without corrective action is cruel...God is not cruel...period. He doesn't kill most people...that is absurd and teaching it is borderline blasphemy...careful were YOU tread.
are you sure of what you're saying is correct? true!.. Jehovah "GOD", isn't a Cruel God. but he's also NOT one to be played with ,(Gal. 6:7 Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap). you said, "He doesn't kill most people" how do you think the Flood came about?

this is his words ,(Gen. 6:5-7 Consequently, Jehovah saw that man’s wickedness was great on the earth and that every inclination of the thoughts of his heart was only bad all the time. Jehovah regretted that he had made men on the earth, and his heart was saddened. So Jehovah said: “I am going to wipe men whom I have created off the surface of the ground, man together with domestic animals, creeping animals, and flying creatures of the heavens, for I regret that I have made them”). OH yes!... he does destroy ANY who refuse to worship him and follow Jesus. peace

Old 09-04-2020, 06:52 AM

17,161 posts, read 11,392,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
Do you know of any government that doesn't have laws maam? You simply cannot have unrighteous living with righteous, as you can see, it doesn't work. If you are not able to discern that yet, Jehovah is going to allow the unrighteous to bring the earth to the point of extinction before He sends His forces to remove the remainder of the unrighteous that are still left. Mat 24:22
What do you mean, it doesn't work? Every person is a mix of "unrighteous" and "righteous" living together in the same physical body. It's obviously possible. Like it or not, if you don't learn to focus on and allow God/love to govern you from within, no outside force or Watchtower organization can save you from the suffering you inflict on yourself and others. Fortunately, Love is patient, and it won't give up on you, unlike Jehovah.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity