Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2020, 07:05 AM

3,474 posts, read 1,008,549 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCCyou View Post
If your JW organization is to be believed for the 100 some-odd years since it's beginning, no hospitals would ever have been built, no soup-kitchens operated, no schools formed, no universities established, etc etc.
The world has been 'passing away' for thousands of years, and will continue to just as it has. But these things HAVE been done, by those who DO follow Christ (heal the sick, feed the hungry, etc), just NOT JW's.
I mean really, what fruits can be seen from the JW tree?
You didn't answer the last time I asked you.
Jesus told us we could 'judge them by their fruits'.
What fruits have ye?

We believe God sir. He provides the needs of His people. From the time we became a covenanted nation, we have not made hospitals, soup kitchens are not necessary, our schools are exemplary, and with those there is no need for universities. We are so very privileged to be educated by Jehovah Himself Isa 2:2,3.

We are very near finishing the assigned work however, and that is our fruits. You and everyone you personally know have been reached by us. With this pandemic, and the tools that have recently came about, we are reaching areas that previously were near impossible to reach with the good news.

Thanks so very much for allowing me to be able to present our fruits to you sir. Great witness to our obedience, I appreciate you asking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-06-2020, 07:07 AM

Default Words of God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free4you View Post
“My words are life to those who find them, to mans whole being they are health.”
Amen to that Free

Old 09-06-2020, 07:09 AM

Default JW? maybe not

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Doesn't Jehovah value law over life? Isn't that why the Watchtower tells people to refuse a blood transfusions? The dietary law of abstaining from blood supersedes the santicty of life?

You should be aware the Law on blood was carried over to Christians, since you claimed to be one of Jehovah's people. Or have you forgotten Acts 15:20 already. Strange that I am still alive at 66 never having a blood transfusion.

Old 09-06-2020, 07:16 AM

3,573 posts, read 1,178,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by highway54 View Post
You should be aware the Law on blood was carried over to Christians, since you claimed to be one of Jehovah's people. Or have you forgotten Acts 15:20 already. Strange that I am still alive at 66 never having a blood transfusion.
God gave sound of Self-name to very specific people.

Old 09-06-2020, 07:42 AM

15,864 posts, read 6,337,059 times
Quote:
So the law is more important than life? I and another poster quoted scripture about Jesus's view on this talking to the Pharisees about healing on the Sabbath. He even acknowledged that the Pharisees weren't so anal that they wouldn't retrieve an ox is stuck in a well.

Jesus: Who could possibly be that pedant?

The Watchtower: Hold my beer.

Old 09-06-2020, 08:03 AM

16,684 posts, read 15,693,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
Doesn't Jehovah value law over life? Isn't that why the Watchtower tells people to refuse a blood transfusions? The dietary law of abstaining from blood supersedes the santicty of life?
The Watch tower tells people to refuse blood transfusions as a result of misunderstanding some writing directed to the Hebrews telling them not to eat blood. It was a common sense rule to drain the blood from meat before cooking it. It was a dietary rule. It has absolutely nothing to do with blood transfusions.

Instead, the Watchtower allows over 900 people per year to die because they refuse blood transfusions. (You can look the numbers up yourself. We've talked about it before.) If somebody starts talking about the medical value of alternatives, I hope they are sensible enough to know that every doctor tries every alternative before they transfuse blood. Failing to try alternatives first would be malpractice since there are small risks with transfusions. In truth, about 60 people per year die from problems with transfusions.

There is no defensible religious reason for a person to refuse a life saving blood transfusion, no matter what the Watchtower says.

Incidentally, before somebody starts talking about how transfusions are not necessary, keep in mind that there are several people who are active on these forums that are alive today because they were given blood when they needed it. They may, or they may not, choose to say so publicly, but they have told me about it privately. If somebody starts telling them that they didn't really need that blood, that is actually telling those people they should be dead.

Old 09-06-2020, 08:09 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,056,385 times
Quote:
We believe God sir. He provides the needs of His people. From the time we became a covenanted nation, we have not made hospitals, soup kitchens are not necessary, our schools are exemplary, and with those there is no need for universities. We are so very privileged to be educated by Jehovah Himself Isa 2:2,3.

We are very near finishing the assigned work however, and that is our fruits. You and everyone you personally know have been reached by us. With this pandemic, and the tools that have recently came about, we are reaching areas that previously were near impossible to reach with the good news.

Thanks so very much for allowing me to be able to present our fruits to you sir. Great witness to our obedience, I appreciate you asking.
You have never become a Covenanted nation, you co-opted, in other words, identity theft...

Old 09-06-2020, 08:11 AM

15,864 posts, read 6,337,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
The Watch tower tells people to refuse blood transfusions as a result of misunderstanding some writing directed to the Hebrews telling them not to eat blood. It was a common sense rule to drain the blood from meat before cooking it. It was a dietary rule. It has absolutely nothing to do with blood transfusions.

Instead, the Watchtower allows over 900 people per year to die because they refuse blood transfusions. (You can look the numbers up yourself. We've talked about it before.) If somebody starts talking about the medical value of alternatives, I hope they are sensible enough to know that every doctor tries every alternative before they transfuse blood. Failing to try alternatives first would be malpractice since there are small risks with transfusions. In truth, about 60 people per year die from problems with transfusions.

There is no defensible religious reason for a person to refuse a life saving blood transfusion, no matter what the Watchtower says.

Incidentally, before somebody starts talking about how transfusions are not necessary, keep in mind that there are several people who are active on these forums that are alive today because they were given blood when they needed it. They may, or they may not, choose to say so publicly, but they have told me about it privately. If somebody starts telling them that they didn't really need that blood, that is actually telling those people they should be dead.
It comes from the Watchtower so you'll never convince them it isn't an actual law. They're not debating scripture but using scripture to prop up right belief. It's a dead-end to try and reason that it's not a law. They only way you can get them to reconsider is if you can show them that law doesn't supersede life. Even then, they are highly unlikely to agree. The only way that harping on issues like hiding pedophiles, no blood and shunning will have any effect is that many JWs themselves sense there is something wrong with them. That may be the key to getting them to think logically which they have been trained to "reject outright" anything that disagrees with the Wacthtower.

Old 09-06-2020, 08:58 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,381,688 times
Quote:
Strange that I am still alive at 66 never having a blood transfusion.
That is the most ignorant statement ever written. Moderator cut: Personal remark re one's education or lack thereof. And stop following those of the Watchtower/Jehovah Witness Organization who are fleecing the flock of ignorant or foolish sheep. They are the worst charitable Organization with a D-grade or rating, having no accountability for the tax exempt status or where the donations are being spent, other than purchasing property. While the majority have less than 30,000 annually in their congregations. Moderator cut: Irrelevant to religion.

Last edited by Mightyqueen801; 09-06-2020 at 10:37 AM.. Reason: Personal attack.

Old 09-06-2020, 01:48 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,381,688 times
Does education have an impact on one's view of Jehovah (God)?
Or, one's understanding of life saving measures during childbirth?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity