Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2021, 12:24 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,386,975 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZacharyB View Post
Perhaps you're a woman disguising yourself as a man ...
several women have told me that deep thinking hurts their brains!
But, no man has ever said such to moi.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch ...
almost all discerning Christians know we are in "the end-times"
as described in Scripture.
MOI - something that one knows they (themselves) are guilty of?

...meanwhile, back at the ranch? LMAO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2021, 05:38 PM

11,120 posts, read 7,188,359 times
Quote:
Meanwhile, back at the ranch... almost all discerning Christians know we are in "the end-times" as described in Scripture.
Certain Christians or alleged Christians who are of that mindset will think that. If you surround yourself or communicate with such group(s), you'll see through the same grey-colored glasses (certainly not rose-colored). You can pat each other on the backs for the same group-think. It doesn't mean anything beyond that.

Any review of history going back years or decades shows certain persons and groups caught up in end-times thinking, usually with a doomsday bent, and a day that it will all come to an end. Then the day passes without issues, followed by a lot of back-peddling and spin put on it explaining why it didn't pan out. It's silly, and we can imagine God being annoyed by it all.

Fortunately, a majority of Christians around the world aren't caught up with such thinking. We/they look at Jesus' life as one of fearless living, salvation assured, that we can't/won't know when the end will come (it will instead surprise like a 'thief in the night'), and that God is in control. There's no reason to separate and hide from the masses - just as Jesus lived openly and calmly amongst all - and no reason to go underground or into isolation. That's an approach of pure nonsense. And it's clear how the end-times collective mindset usually ends up as well, whether the David Koresh cult, Jim Jones and company, Heaven's Gate, etc. Good examples for sane Christians to use for reference, and to stay far away from. It's doubtful you'll find any lemmings here, ready to sign up, so you're wasting your time.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 03-17-2021 at 06:14 PM..

Old 03-18-2021, 11:12 AM

146 posts, read 67,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thoreau424 View Post
We/they look at Jesus' life as one of fearless living, salvation assured,
that we can't/won't know when the end will come ...
There are dozens of NT verses which warn us that salvation can be lost.
If you ask, I will be more than happy to send you a NT.
And then you can read for yourself, and not trust what I say.

Old 03-18-2021, 11:24 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,602,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
I know others who have claimed the same thing, believing they have received extra-biblical revelations from God, as the path of truth. But not a group that I would ever consider being a part of, which consists of pride and their particular judgments calling it harvest haven located close to Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada.
He could always see if a Hutterite colony will take him in. Heard they are looking for new blood, but then, I don't believe all the rumors.

Old 03-18-2021, 11:29 AM

10,800 posts, read 3,602,696 times
Quote:
If you ask, I will be more than happy to send you a NT.
And then you can read for yourself, and not trust what I say.
I hope you realize the bible is the claim, not the proof?

Old 03-18-2021, 11:34 AM

33,297 posts, read 26,501,429 times
Quote:
No there isn't. You simply interpret, or better yet, misinterpret them that way.

Old 03-18-2021, 11:48 AM

63,878 posts, read 40,157,333 times
Quote:
Since Jesus is the ONLY one responsible for our salvation, what you suggest is absurd. What Jesus achieved is finished! We are saved, but what we build on that foundation of love and reconciliation is up to each of us.

Old 03-18-2021, 03:31 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,386,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Way View Post
No there isn't. You simply interpret, or better yet, misinterpret them that way.
He wants to have a following, according to his own beliefs.

Old 03-18-2021, 04:40 PM

11,120 posts, read 7,188,359 times
Quote:
If so, then identify them for our review and analysis.

I for one don't buy the idea that Jesus died for us, we accept that for salvation, and then on a different day he's going to take that away from us. What .... he gets of the cross and walks down the street as though nothing happened?!? That's symbolically what your indicating. You may not see it, but we are catching ideas un-Biblical and even cultic.

Maybe God did want you to come to this forum. Not to obtain recruits, but to shine light on and expose your ideas.

Last edited by Thoreau424; 03-18-2021 at 04:49 PM..

Old 03-18-2021, 04:43 PM

146 posts, read 67,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Since Jesus is the ONLY one responsible for our salvation, what you suggest is absurd.
What Jesus achieved is finished! We are saved, but what we build on that foundation
of love and reconciliation is up to each of us.
Sorry, but you are gravely mistaken.

What Jesus finished is providing the possibility of salvation
for people who have true saving belief-faith.
And you don't have the first clue what the bold means.

We have a part to play in our salvation!
IMO, this is totally obvious just by reading
the red and black on the white pages of the NT.

However, I must also say that belief in spiritual Truth
comes ONLY through spiritual revelation from God.
Just a simple example is Lydia in Acts 16:14.

What I am reading on Christian forums these days
is just simply beyond belief.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity