Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2022, 01:15 PM

169 posts, read 58,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus'Truth View Post
Those who will die twice means that they won't only die a physical death on earth, but will die again after they are raised at the resurrection when they are thrown in the lake of fire.
Agreed.

In the KJV, there are 22 instances of the phrase 'surely die'. Every instance involves someone who has not only disobeyed God, but will no doubt be thrown into the Lake of Fire. The theme is consistent.

Therefore, Adam and his Wife suffered the same fate... on the day they partook and died.

Quote:
With your beliefs a person is only reincarnated once? No such thing as reincarnation.
No, reincarnation can happen many times according to Scripture.

The Antichrist for example reincarnates at least seven times in the Bible. This is why the Beast has seven heads. Each head of the Beast is a reincarnation.

Something like this...

They are all connected to the same body, which I believe is Cain and the Spirit of Satan.

The Beast, False Prophet and Dragon are doomed to go through the reincarnation cycle over and over (for ever and ever)...

Revelation 20:10
"And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever."

Any reputable Scholar will tell you that the phrase 'for ever and ever' in the above verse means something like 'age after age'. I believe in this context it means 'reincarnation after reincarnation'.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2022, 01:20 PM

Quote:
You have got to know that Noah didn't spend 360, 000 years on the ark. A human can't live that long. So it was a magic ark that kept Noah and his family on earth time while the world around them was on some kind of warped speed time? Maybe you should be a fiction movie maker.
God is the one that closed the door...

Genesis 7:16
"And they that went in, went in male and female of all flesh, as God had commanded him: and the LORD shut him in."

I believe that Noah was somehow 'sealed and protected' in a Supernatural manner. God was there. A day with the LORD is like a thousand years.

Noah was protected the whole time. To assume God is somehow 'not smart enough to care for them', or God 'abandoned them', would be inconsistent with the rest of the Bible, I say.

Old 11-20-2022, 01:23 PM

There are all kinds of stories in the Bible of folks being transported through the Space/Time Continuum. Why would Noah's Ark be an exception?

Let us not forget the Tower of Babel. Who knows how much of Earth's Timeline was affected by that.

Old 11-20-2022, 01:25 PM

I will be back to respond to Meerkat2.

See you soon!

Old 11-20-2022, 01:49 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,687,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Base12 View Post
There are all kinds of stories in the Bible of folks being transported through the Space/Time Continuum. Why would Noah's Ark be an exception?

Let us not forget the Tower of Babel. Who knows how much of Earth's Timeline was affected by that.
Stories and narratives have meaning in what they are referring to and the names themselves have meaning

Noah means rest

Babylon is where there is confusion of languages because they were building in one place and not multiplying as was instructed in the creation story

I agree with Michael Way that the Adam/eve account was not about a literal man at a literal/historical time in the past, it was prophetic

And Noah’s Ark story was not a literal past event either

Gen 1:22**And God blessed them, saying, Be fruitful, and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let fowl multiply in the earth.
Gen 1:23**And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

Gen 1:27**So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.
Gen 1:28**And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.
Gen 1:29**And God said, Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed, which is upon the face of all the earth, and every tree, in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat.
Gen 1:30**And to every beast of the earth, and to every fowl of the air, and to every thing that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so.
Gen 1:31**And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Last edited by Meerkat2; 11-20-2022 at 02:03 PM..

Old 11-20-2022, 01:59 PM

4,085 posts, read 872,849 times
Quote:
The Lake of Fire can be traced all the way back to the Garden of Eden. The Flaming Sword and Cherubim are the exit from the Portal...

Genesis 3:24
"So he drove out the man; and he placed at the east of the garden of Eden Cherubims, and a flaming sword which turned every way, to keep the way of the tree of life."

Christians have no idea that Adam and Eve being banned was a picture of being cast into the Lake of Fire and becoming born again of corruptible flesh. It was all a foreshadowing.
Adam and Eve didn't leave the Garden of Eden and go in the Lake of Fire.

â€Thou shall not or you will surely dieâ€.
Adam and Eve ate of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, and thus became like God knowing good and evil.

So what happened that day...they ceased to live physically and spiritually? No.
Did they get cast into the Lake of fire? No.
The Lake of Fire is the second death and it will be where the unsaved go after being resurrected from the dead.

In the Garden of Eden, God physically walked with Adam and Eve.
Adam and Eve were physically and spiritually with God.
When Adam and Eve sinned, they were cast out and then all humans were born outside of Eden. When Jesus came and showed us the way and died for us, we now go through Jesus and are reconciled back to God. We are put in God and Him in us and after we are given new immortal bodies, we will live with Him on the new earth one day with immortal bodies.

Paradise is where the tree of life is.

In Revelation 2:7, we see paradise and the tree of life is spoken of as being there.

'He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches;
To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life,
which is in the midst of the paradise of God.'

It used to be in the Garden of Eden on earth.

Genesis 2:9 And out of the ground made the LORD God to grow every tree that is pleasant to the sight, and good for food; the tree of life also in the midst of the garden, and the tree of knowledge of good and evil.

Genesis 3:22-24 And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:

In Revelation 21:2 and Revelation 22:2, we see that the city comes down from heaven to the new earth, the New Jerusalem; and the tree of life is there.

A New Heaven and a New Earth

Revelation 21:1 Then I saw “a new heaven and a new earth,â€[a] for the first heaven and the first earth had passed away, and there was no longer any sea. 2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband. 3 And I heard a loud voice from the throne saying, “Look! God’s dwelling place is now among the people, and he will dwell with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God

Eden Restored

Revelation 22:1 Then the angel showed me the river of the water of life, as clear as crystal, flowing from the throne of God and of the Lamb 2 down the middle of the great street of the city. On each side of the river stood the tree of life, bearing twelve crops of fruit, yielding its fruit every month. And the leaves of the tree are for the healing of the nations.

Last edited by Jesus'Truth; 11-20-2022 at 02:37 PM..

Old 11-20-2022, 02:43 PM

Quote:
God is the one that closed the door...

Genesis 7:16
"And they that went in, went in male and female of all flesh, as God had commanded him: and the LORD shut him in."

I believe that Noah was somehow 'sealed and protected' in a Supernatural manner. God was there. A day with the LORD is like a thousand years.

Noah was protected the whole time. To assume God is somehow 'not smart enough to care for them', or God 'abandoned them', would be inconsistent with the rest of the Bible, I say.
Don't say things in response to me as if I said God didn't protect Noah and his family and that God is not smart enough or would abandon them. That kind of reply from you is wrong and misleading.

A day is like a thousand to God, but not to us.

Old 11-20-2022, 03:07 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,011,211 times
Did Jesus Holy Spirit confirm this understanding, or was it just reasoned out by deniers of God .

Old 11-20-2022, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Agreed.
You say agreed, but you don't remember saying when Adam and Eve got cast out of Eden they were cast into the lake of fire?

The lake of fire is only after we are resurrected from the dead.

Quote:

In the KJV, there are 22 instances of the phrase 'surely die'. Every instance involves someone who has not only disobeyed God, but will no doubt be thrown into the Lake of Fire. The theme is consistent.
The lake of fire is for those who don't get saved through the blood of the Lamb. The first resurrection is a spiritual resurrection.

Quote:

Therefore, Adam and his Wife suffered the same fate... on the day they partook and died.
They didn't physically die that day.

But because of what Adam did, they were sentenced to die, as all humans are. We all die physically because of sin, and there is a spiritual death, a separation from God. Through Jesus, we are reconciled to God physically and spiritually. When we are saved, God Himself lives inside our body. Those saved will not have a second death in the lake of fire.

Quote:
No, reincarnation can happen many times according to Scripture.
That is not your argument though, because you said die twice. However, if reincarnation were real, then a person can be reincarnated many times and therefore die many times.

You are mixing some thing up, just like you did when you said Adam's ribs around the throne and he being our father.

Quote:

They are all connected to the same body, which I believe is Cain and the Spirit of Satan.
Cain is Adam and Eve's first child.

No such thing as Cain being Satan reincarnated. God spoke to Cain and told him sin wants to master him.

If he were Satan that would be a nonsense statement.

Quote:
The Beast, False Prophet and Dragon are doomed to go through the reincarnation cycle over and over (for ever and ever)...
You just said seven times for Satan.

You need to fix some of your beliefs.

Quote:

Revelation 20:10
"And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever."
That hasn't happened yet.

Quote:
Any reputable Scholar will tell you that the phrase 'for ever and ever' in the above verse means something like 'age after age'. I believe in this context it means 'reincarnation after reincarnation'.
I don't care about reputable scholars. It doesn't mean they have the truth.

The lake of fire is the second and final death and not a place to get reincarnated endlessly. Those who believe in reincarnation believe you have to DIE to be reincarnated, it goes together.

So you are saying the earth is the lake of fire, because you said Adam and Eve were cast there.
Death and Hades will be thrown in the lake of fire. Death and Hades are here now and we still have death.

You have some serious problems with your beliefs, but I enjoy talking about God and the scriptures, and hopefully you will see how your ideas are contradictory.

Old 11-20-2022, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meerkat2 View Post
Reincarnation is the how things are done here on earth and there is a link to the above that is severed at our physical death

Ecc 12:7**Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was: and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.[/u]
I wanted to highlight the above verse.

The Spirt returns to God. It is never destroyed as some Denominations believe.

Indeed, the Silver Cord is attached to what some call our 'Higher Selves'.

Science would perhaps call it Entanglement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity