Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old Today, 10:43 PM

1,349 posts, read 660,340 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by EscAlaMike View Post
Jesus said much more than that. Christianity may not be "global" in the sense that it has become dominant worldwide; but it is a *universal* religion in that it applies to all peoples everywhere and for all time.

Every religion has a founder, but the founder of every other religion is dead. The grave of Jesus is noticeably empty.

My inability to look at Christianity from "outside the box", having been born into it to some degree, is a blessing and a privilege. Christianity swept through Europe, Africa, and the Middle East, utterly destroying paganism. That is a key point. It was incredibly compelling to them.
Anyone can look at Christianity from outside the box. It's like someone saying "I like saving money and buying cheap things. It's the only life I know how to live." A question can be asked to that someone "are you sure? are you choosing to stay cheap and not learn how to expand your wealth?" when someone says they have an "inability" to do something, what they really mean is "I am comfortable in doing something a certain way and feel very uncomfortable and do not want to do it any other way".

There are places in other countries where Christianity does not have an influence. Do you believe everyone knows about Jesus? As the saying goes: the more you tell yourself that something is true, the more it becomes true. Many Christians such as you and I have convinced ourselves that Christianity is the one true religion. But there are others who believe that their own non-Christian religion is the true religion.

There is another saying "find something you believe in that you can trust and stick to it". For us, that is Christianity. Sure, we can study other religions and convince ourselves those religions are not as good as Christianity. Another person who is not Christian will do the same research and be convinced that their religion, whatever it may be, is better than Christianity.

The thought behind this topic is that people have discovered the preserved remains of people who lived during the same time period as Jesus and those people lived in areas of the world that may not have been impacted by Christianity even until now.

Oh and speaking of the grave of Jesus, even that is debatable. Protestants and Catholics argue about which location is the correct location of the burial site of Jesus. Not saying there is no grave. I'm sure wherever the correct location is, it is indeed empty.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity