Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 12:39 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times

Advertisements

you got home job and family more than most but they irritate the daylights out of you. irritants are given to oysters to produce beautiful pearls. pray for a healing.

fyi
I love Yuma
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2008, 12:50 PM

3,758 posts, read 8,441,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShanesG View Post
I'm sorry you feel this way.
Not me. I have the peace of God that passes all understanding.

Old 07-01-2008, 12:58 PM

133 posts, read 290,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
Not me. I have the peace of God that passes all understanding.
Yet at the same time you are very unhappy....

ok!

Old 07-01-2008, 01:25 PM

Quote:

ok!
Yes, I have feelings of unhappiness about where I am, but I still know there must be a reason for where I am. I am still human, you know? I do miss my child. But I know there is hope in God and he knows what is best for me and if he wants me back in Florida I will get there eventually. But enough about me. This is another person's thread and I want to respect that.

Old 07-01-2008, 01:47 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,687 times
Default Shhhh, listen

Quote:

ok!

Hum along with me................................

I come to the garden alone,
While the dew is still on the roses;
And the voice I hear,
Falling on my ear;
The Son of God discloses.

And He walks with me,
and He talks with me,
And He tells me I am His own,
And the joy we share as we tarry there,
None other has ever known.

He speaks, and the sound of His voice
Is so sweet the birds hush their singing,
And the melody
That He gave to me,
Within my heart is ringing.

And He walks with me,
and He talks with me,

I'd stay in the garden with Him
Tho' the night around me be falling,
But He bid me go;
Thru the voice of woe,
His voice to me is calling.

And He walks with me,
and He talks with me,

Everything has to do with God! Did you not wake up this morning? Are you not now posting? On your own accord? Do you know Jesus? Do you not know that He's the very essence of our being? We really don't know the extent of one's situation. We only know as much as we were allowed to understand from the O.P. Still, we are to offer word of encouragement, wisdom and comfort. It is up to that individual to do with it whatever he/she wishes. That's all.

Your sister in Christ Jesus

Old 07-01-2008, 03:00 PM

2,886 posts, read 8,282,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlourChild View Post
That post is the first on CDF to actually make me cry. I have struggled (and "struggled" is the word) with the same issue, here in Albany, Georgia. I've alienated friends, made my husband's life a living hell, and made myself miserable as well. Albany isn't going to change, but I will have to. I still want to get out--not just to ANYWHERE, because there are worse places--but to move back home to north Alabama. I know, a lot of people hate Alabama, but home is home.

God does not hate you, nor does He hate me. Did he hate the apostle Paul? Is that why Paul was in prison? I don't think so. I have to learn contentment, and you will probably need to do so too. That is said with no smugness whatsoever; you're probably doing better at learning contentment than I am. I am having to learn the hard way that our circumstances CANNOT be the bottom line. They just can't. People have been faithful to God in prison, in concentration camps, in cancer wards, in funeral homes. God loves them like He loves you and me.

Quote:
I haven't seen it on this thread, but a lot of well-meaning people will tell you that "God just wants you to be happy". Well, He doesn't want us to be unhappy, but our holiness means a lot more to Him than our happiness, and sometimes the latter has to suffer a bit to enhance the former. My holiness has taken some direct hits lately, I can tell you. Happiness has a lot more to do with circumstance than joy. Joy is something inalienable. Contentment is not having everything you could ever want. If that were the case, none of us would ever be content anywhere. The test of contentment is finding it in difficult circumstances.

I have to take it on faith that I (AND YOU) are being refined, and it's not pleasant, but the result will be. I feel for you, because I honestly am going through the same thing. I'm so sorry you're dealing with it too. But rest assured that God does NOT hate you. God loves you as much as He loves me. For all we know, He is using this time to urge you to seek Him out. Something good can--and will, if you let it--come from this. Please keep trying. I'm going to.
I agree;
I've said on another thread, that I've noticed lately an Exodus in the US
people moving to and fro, looking for a utopia or happier place to live, free of whatever we don't want to contend with;
I have lived in over 100 places literally in the US and overseas; and guess what?
The same demons everywhere; the same obstacles, the same type people;
Most times we are running from ourselves...
BTW'I'm still learning this
my $.02 cents
~good post~
God Bless You

Old 07-02-2008, 03:17 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,687 times
Default All in God's Perfect Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by PG77 View Post
Yes, I have feelings of unhappiness about where I am, but I still know there must be a reason for where I am. I am still human, you know? I do miss my child. But I know there is hope in God and he knows what is best for me and if he wants me back in Florida I will get there eventually. But enough about me. This is another person's thread and I want to respect that.
Praying for you too. You have the right belief and understanding my friend. Wait upon the Lord and He is faithful to bring you through, for He Himself is our peace. Godspeed.Your sister in Christ Jesus

Old 07-05-2008, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Praying for you too. You have the right belief and understanding my friend. Wait upon the Lord and He is faithful to bring you through, for He Himself is our peace. Godspeed.Your sister in Christ Jesus
Thanks. God Bless.

Old 07-05-2008, 09:33 PM

5,987 posts, read 11,674,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebelt1234 View Post
I have desperately been trying to get out of Yuma, AZ for a long time now. I have been praying and crying out to God for a job in Indiana but no answer and a lot of rejection letters. I miss my family and I am always sick all the time from severe allergies due to dust, pesticides, and field burning. I missed 15 days of work last year because my allergies were so bad. I basically have no life here in Yuma other than watching movies and tv. I want to be out of Yuma so bad that it is painful but can't leave until I find a job. I am just wondering if God is trying to punish for something awful I did.
When we pray God gives one of three answers. Yes is the one we want but the one least heard. God will only answer yes when were are in His will. You are in tune with God's will for your life and ask Him to help you do it. More frequently He tells us "Wait". You are praying for His will but He has something else for you to prepare you for doing what He has for you. The other answer we frequently get is "no". Many of us pry instead of pray. We try to use prayer as a pry bar to make God do our will. I don't know which of the last two answers you are getting. Maybe if you ask God to show you where He has a ministry for you as you are working the answer will become clear. It may be in Indiana or it may be in India. God will never show you His will so you can decide if you want to do it.

Old 07-06-2008, 09:08 AM

5,715 posts, read 15,045,746 times
Sometimes we have to step out and do something - expecting God to be there with us - rather than wait until everything is clearcut and easy to walk into.... (like already having a job waiting)...

I've read that employers tend to hire those who are already there (in the area) first...

Worst case senario, you might have to do some other kind of work for a season... until you can get a teaching job. But, you will be near your family and away from AZ.

Trust God.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity