Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2010, 11:54 AM

5,438 posts, read 5,942,337 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
People should be on guard to any doctrine that proclaims there is no hell, and that it is not an everlasting place of torment for satan and his children. The serpent beguiled Eve with subtleness.

Now the serpent was more subtle than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden? And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden: But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die. And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die: - Genesis 3:1-4

This is satan's strategy. He will twist the Word of God to fool people; and if you fall prey to his deception, he'll drag you to the bottomless pit for eternity; I'm sure he'll mock you, too.

2 Thessalonians 2
[9] Even him, whose coming is after the working of Satan with all power and signs and lying wonders,
[10] And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved.
[11] And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
[12] That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
This is exactly what has happened to the mainstream churches "because they received not the love of the truth" (the Truth is Jesus and it is His love spoken of here) . . . see Ironmaw's study in The Restoration of all Things; Acts 3:21. thread.
Universal Reconciliation (UR) declares that those who believe in Eternal Torment are the ones who received not the love of the truth; yet, the same scripture declares that those who receive not the love of the truth will be damned, which UR's don't believe. What hypocrisy. The Truth exposes it too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2010, 12:04 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,279,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Universal Reconciliation (UR) declares that those who believe in Eternal Torment are the ones who received not the love of the truth; yet, the same scripture declares that those who received not the love of the truth will be damned, which UR's don't believe. What hypocrisy. The Truth exposes it too.
I don't have a problem with you believing in damnation to ET or Annihilation , what i do have a major problem with is your message and that you are deceiving many into thinking it's the message of Jesus

The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, to preach damnation if you reject me ? Absolutely not.

To preach good news to the poor,he has sent me to heal the broken hearted,to preach deliverance to the captive and recovery of sight to the blind, and to set at liberty those that are bruised.

And you know what the best thing about this whole thing is those who heard Jesus say this, marvelled at the gracious words that came out of his mouth.

Did your hear that scgraham ?, gracious words , not a message filled with damnation.

Old 11-16-2010, 12:08 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,126,771 times
The word is not "damned". It is the Greek "krino" which properly translated means "judged".

Praise God that all of God's judgments are righteous and are for the purpose of teaching righteousness.

Now I better go make some popcorn...

Old 11-16-2010, 12:17 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,175,293 times
I bet you won't burn it - that wouldn't be love.

Old 11-16-2010, 12:19 PM

And I LOVE my popcorn, but that is why I apply my consuming fire to it!

Old 11-16-2010, 12:25 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,944,800 times
The real problem is taking a verse and applying what you believe it means to someone elses point of view. There is no hypocrisy. Hypocrisy would be someone in UR actually stating that they believe God will save all mankind while declaring that since you have not received the love of Christ you are forever damned.

You can argue that people of UR are intepreting the verse wrong, but you cannot accuse them of hypocrisy and maintain an accurate accusation.

Old 11-16-2010, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
The real problem is taking a verse and applying what you believe it means to someone elses point of view. There is no hypocrisy. Hypocrisy would be someone in UR actually stating that they believe God will save all mankind while declaring that since you have not received the love of Christ you are forever damned.

You can argue that people of UR are intepreting the verse wrong, but you cannot accuse themn of hypocrisy and maintain an accurate accusation.

Bingo. At least be honest in what you are debating scgraham.

Old 11-16-2010, 12:27 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,944,800 times
The problem is as usual, though, someone reads a post like this and instead of seeing that the accusation is entirely meaningless, they will feel like they have to defend their point of view and the uselessness of the original argument will be obscured.

Old 11-16-2010, 12:48 PM

8,167 posts, read 6,920,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
I don't have a problem with you believing in damnation to ET or Annihilation , what i do have a major problem with is your message and that you are deceiving many into thinking it's the message of Jesus

The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, to preach damnation if you reject me ? Absolutely not.

To preach good news to the poor,he has sent me to heal the broken hearted,to preach deliverance to the captive and recovery of sight to the blind, and to set at liberty those that are bruised.

And you know what the best thing about this whole thing is those who heard Jesus say this, marvelled at the gracious words that came out of his mouth.

Did your hear that scgraham ?, gracious words , not a message filled with damnation.
Absolutely pcamps.

I did not come to judge the world but save it. John12:47

The Son of Man came to seek and save what was lost. Luke 19:10

The Lord is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love. The Lord is good to all; he has compassion on all he has made. All you have made will praise you O, Lord. Psalm 145:8-10

"You have heard... but I say..." In other words, Jesus CORRECTED their wrong beliefs. Their beliefs that were filled with vengeful thoughts, instead of grace and mercy.

Jesus corrected people's beliefs time and time again.

Open your ears and hear the message of Jesus.
The message of love, grace and mercy.

We were subjected to futility.
All were bound in disobedience, so that He may have mercy on all.
All is 100%.

The person or group of persons you (general you) just can't seem to wrap your heart around... if you keep resisting that, keep resisting and withholding your love from certain human beings in your life, the more the truth is veiled to you. YES. even those people in your life who you have issues with. Those who have hurt you or hurt your loved ones. Until you reconcile things in your own heart... you will resist the truth of God's love for all.

Instead of merely reading verses, ask God to read your heart and ask the Great Heart Surgeon to expand the capacity for love in your heart. Do that... and the truth will set you free. When you say "But I DO love..." think again. You may not understand what "love" really is. When the absolute power of love and it's amazing transforming abilities shock your heart, then the picture of His majestic love will start to permeate your soul. And THAT is where the real journey begins.

peace,
sparrow

Old 11-16-2010, 01:17 PM

11,895 posts, read 3,687,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
The word is not "damned". It is the Greek "krino" which properly translated means "judged".

Praise God that all of God's judgments are righteous and are for the purpose of teaching righteousness.

Now I better go make some popcorn...
Ohhhh .. yum ....... popcorn!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity