Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who is this Prophet
Jesus 17 70.83%
Muhammaed 3 12.50%
Unknown 4 16.67%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-26-2008, 08:55 PM

154 posts, read 242,469 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=2]Deuteronomy, 18 (17,18,19) says " And the LORD said unto me, They have well spoken that which they have spoken. " I will raise them up a Prophet from among their brethren, like unto thee, and will put my words in his mouth; and he shall speak unto them all that I shall command him. And it shall come to pass, that whosoever will not hearken unto my words which he shall speak in my name, I will require it of him ".[/SIZE]

Could anyone of you tell me who is referred in this case as the prophet. ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2008, 09:09 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,629,753 times
The general context indicates that a series of prophets is meant. It's a collective reference to the many prophets that will come, and receives a unique fulfillment in Jesus. The Bible has nothing to do with the quran OR mohammed, so what you are asking is oxymoronic.

Old 12-26-2008, 09:12 PM

5,137 posts, read 16,594,167 times
and since mohammed isn't technically a 'brethren' then it's definitely not speaking of him

Old 12-26-2008, 09:24 PM

Hi DayoftheLord

According to my knowledge in English and studying different versions of the Bible in English (because i cannot understand Greek) it clearly says Prophet and not prophets. It is singular and not in plural.

Please let me know if i am wrong and why do you say it is prophets. is it in the greek version of the bible it says in plural

I had to look at the dictionary the word you said "oxymoronic"

in simple terms it is "contradicting terms"

Did i say any contradicting terms in my post or mean it
I just wanted the name of the prophet which was mentioned as the prophet (because it is a singular word)

If your opinion is prophets (plural) why do you say so.

please correct me if i am wrong

Old 12-26-2008, 09:26 PM

read one of the last verses of the chapter

how can Jesus say something that is against God's word?

Quote:
Originally Posted by samankaru View Post
Hi DayoftheLord

According to my knowledge in English and studying different versions of the Bible in English (because i cannot understand Greek) it clearly says Prophet and not prophets. It is singular and not in plural.

Please let me know if i am wrong and why do you say it is prophets. is it in the greek version of the bible it says in plural

I had to look at the dictionary the word you said "oxymoronic"

in simple terms it is "contradicting terms"

Did i say any contradicting terms in my post or mean it
I just wanted the name of the prophet which was mentioned as the prophet (because it is a singular word)

If your opinion is prophets (plural) why do you say so.

please correct me if i am wrong

Old 12-26-2008, 09:26 PM

Hi renriq02

If it is not muhammed who is he

Old 12-26-2008, 09:28 PM

definitely not mohammed or is he jewish?

Quote:
Hi renriq02

If it is not muhammed who is he

Old 12-26-2008, 09:35 PM

i am not very clear on what you say

Is it you are referring to the last verses of Deuteronomy 18

According to 18:20 But if any prophet dares to speak a message in my name when I did not command him to do so, he must die for it, and so must any prophet who speaks in the name of other gods.'

All humans has to die one day and every single person lived those days had already died.

So it cannot be Jesus either because Jesus died on the cross according to Christians.

So who is it ?

Old 12-26-2008, 09:37 PM

you need to read that verse AGAIN

it's putting a curse on a prophet that goes against God.....

Jesus also resurrected!

You haven't answered my question

is mohammed jewish?

Quote:
i am not very clear on what you say

Is it you are referring to the last verses of Deuteronomy 18

According to 18:20 But if any prophet dares to speak a message in my name when I did not command him to do so, he must die for it, and so must any prophet who speaks in the name of other gods.'

All humans has to die one day and every single person lived those days had already died.

So it cannot be Jesus either because Jesus died on the cross according to Christians.

So who is it ?

Old 12-26-2008, 09:40 PM

Hi renriq02

Is it that you dont know who it is mentioned as the prophet
Even i dont know most of the things in this universe like all human beings. We dont even know an ounce of the knowledge of this universe where the actual may be in millions of tons.

If you are not sure who it is mentioned you could consult others to find the answer and let me know when you get an answer.

Do you agree that it is not Jesus or Muhammed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity