Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-28-2008, 07:45 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,985,416 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
Thank you, Goodpasture. If no one else can show me scripture that specifically speaks of this, then I will tell my daughter. We were just very curious.
Look at Jesus' ministry. EVERY miracle, except for the wine thing, was done for the poor, the hungry, the thirsty, the outcast, the sick, the leper. Every teaching was about giving and helping and supporting those who could not help and support themselves. He taught giving......he demonstrated giving........you think after teaching and living that lifestyle he is going to run in a ringer on you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2008, 07:47 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,624,452 times
Quote:
You're not understanding what I'm saying. I totally agree with you that no one can know the mind of God. We can know what He wants us to know though, through His word, which is what I'm asking. Did He inspire someone to write, in the bible, what Jesus will judge us on, on judgment day, besides what is written in Matthew?
Jamie, there are no specific scriptures. What Fundamentalist posted are examples of what we will be judged on, but you are looking for specifics that just are not in the Bible. Jesus focused more on what we should and should not do, rather than what we will be judged on.

Which makes perfect sense because if you are following Jesus' teachings, then there is no need for redundancy in the Bible telling us what we will be judged on when Jesus has already told us what needs to be done or not done. If you have not rededicated your life to Christ yet, now is the time to do that. When you do that and simply follow the teachings of Jesus Christ, you will be fine. God is a righteous God and He scatters our sins as far as the east is from the west when we repent. All of us will be judged, but don't you want that judging to take place in heaven??? That's not going to happen unless you commit your life to Christ.

So what if you don't do everything right? None of us have!!! But make sure you get right the only thing that matters.....accepting, believing and trusting Jesus as your Savior!!! Don't confuse judgment of the saints(believers) with the white throne judgment. The judgment of the believers is not whether or not you get to heaven, it's just what kind of reward and crown you get, and mansion you will live in!!! I'll be happy with a shack by the railroad tracks!!! Please get right with Jesus, Jamie. I'll be glad to share my shack with ya.

Old 12-29-2008, 12:37 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,661,840 times
...I can only imagine...what that day will be!...Love

Old 12-29-2008, 01:12 AM

5,563 posts, read 7,215,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
The Judgment Seat of Christ involves believers giving an account of their lives to Christ. The Judgment Seat of Christ does not determine salvation because Jesus sacrifice did away with that but we will give account for our lives, accounting for the sins we committed (BOY! That is going to be a long week for me). At the Judgment Seat of Christ, believers are rewarded based on how faithfully they served Christ.

(Roman 8:1) 8"Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus,"

The things we will likely be judged on are how well we obeyed the Great Commission (Matthew 28:18-20) 18 "Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. 19 Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 and teaching them to obey everything I have....)

Victory over sin, controling our toungue, cutting the church lawn etc......etc.....
Some of the things you cited are dead works.

Caring for the needy is what the I knew ye not's is all about - aka charity aka love for your fellow man irrespective of his/her beliefs.

The ones claiming did we not do this and that are all religious rituals and that sadly most folk miss. The ones that were amazed (sheep) did not even realize they did what was required. BTW sheep and goats - both clean animals.

If Jesus did not come to judge, John 3:17 but to save, is it not a done deal?

Even if you evangelize, you can take or get no credits or brownie points for that John 6:44.

To answer the OP

There is no texts showing of what we will be judged apart from what we did here on earth with and to our fellow man.

ETA:

First last, last first - think about that for awhile.

Last edited by SeekerSA; 12-29-2008 at 01:21 AM..

Old 12-29-2008, 05:28 AM

777 posts, read 1,441,731 times
Quote:
My question I'm really trying to get at is, can anyone quote scripture that actually tells us what Jesus will ask us on judgment day, besides what I quoted?
"Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter.
Matthew 7:21

We will be judged on pretty much everything including thoughts and motivation.
(Mat 5:28)
"Therefore you are to be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect.
Mat 5:48

When asked to give account, don't start listing all the things you've done for God and His kingdom. (Mat 7:22,23)
That's relying on the self for righteousness.
Our righteousness comes only from the Lamb - not by our own merit.

And inasmuch as it is appointed for men to die once and after this comes judgment,
so Christ also, having been offered once to bear the sins of many, will appear a second time for salvation without reference to sin, to those who eagerly await Him.

Hebrews 9:27,28

Old 12-29-2008, 05:52 AM

I'd like to add this:

If Christ is in you, though the body is dead because of sin, yet the spirit is alive because of righteousness.
But if the Spirit of Him who raised Jesus from the dead dwells in you, He who raised Christ Jesus from the dead will also give life to your mortal bodies through His Spirit who dwells in you.
So then, brethren, we are under obligation, not to the flesh, to live according to the flesh--
for if you are living according to the flesh, you must die; but if by the Spirit you are putting to death the deeds of the body, you will live.
For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God.

Romans 8:10-14

Knowledge of Scripture is crucial to confirm that one is following the right spirit, but even the Bible does not give life - only faith in the Lamb and following Him in doing the will of the Father through the inspiration and power of the Holy Spirit.

"You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; it is these that testify about Me;
and you are unwilling to come to Me so that you may have life.

John 5:39-40

"Do you not believe that I am in the Father, and the Father is in Me? The words that I say to you I do not speak on My own initiative, but the Father abiding in Me does His works.
John 14:10

"In that day you will know that I am in My Father, and you in Me, and I in you.
"He who has My commandments and keeps them is the one who loves Me; and he who loves Me will be loved by My Father, and I will love him and will disclose Myself to him."

John 14:20,21

"If you keep My commandments, you will abide in My love; just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love.
John 15:10

Old 12-29-2008, 07:24 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,550,882 times
Quote:
My daughter (who is 21) said something to me the other day that has really made me think. We were discussing different beliefs, denominations, etc., and she said..."The main thing is to always remember what Jesus will be judging us on come judgment day."

Matthew 25:31-46. We are told that the sheep on His right hand will be those who fed the hungry, gave to drink to the thirsty, housed a stranger, clothed the naked, and visited the sick and those in prison.

Is there anywhere else in scripture that specifically states what else Jesus will say to us on judgment day? Or will this be how we are judged?

Jamie, I had not planned to post on this forum anymore, but I feel compelled to try to answer your question.
I think Rev. 20:12 pretty well covers it:
"And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things that were written in the books."

It is my understanding that the first "books" that are spoken of, are the books of the Holy Scriptures. The second book, "the book of Life", is just that..the book about each one of our lives.

I may be wrong, but I do not think there will be any 'plea bargaining' on our part.

I hope this helps answer your question.

Old 12-29-2008, 07:29 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,512,386 times
Seems every religion, and some denominations within those religions have a judgement day theory..Personally I don't know.. W can only think about it, just as we can only think about what the afterlife holds for us..

Who knows..perhaps so many things remain a mystery for the purpose of making us ponder the things Christ did not make known..When I think of those unknown things, I always feel at peace with Him and feel a closeness and seem to be very much in tune with the spirit of God that is within me....and I wonder if that is the answer to the mystery of God

Old 12-29-2008, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post
Jamie, I had not planned to post on this forum anymore, but I feel compelled to try to answer your question.
I think Rev. 20:12 pretty well covers it:
"And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and books were opened. And another book was opened, which is the book of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things that were written in the books."

It is my understanding that the first "books" that are spoken of, are the books of the Holy Scriptures. The second book, "the book of Life", is just that..the book about each one of our lives.

I may be wrong, but I do not think there will be any 'plea bargaining' on our part.

I hope this helps answer your question.
I agree Marian.
It seems to me that all will be shown to be guilty.
When asked "How do you plead?",
we must answer "I plead the blood of the Lamb of God, Jesus the Christ. Look to Him for my righteousness.
My name is in the Lamb's book of life."

Old 02-27-2009, 05:46 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,025,387 times
mzjamiedawn,
Based on our soul condition is where we are placed in Heaven. You are the judge and therefore, that is where you will be placed. Judging is a sin according to the bible. God does not judge you. What is your soul condition? Are you being of service to others? Are you constantly gossiping about someone? Do you love everyone or do you choose who to love? Those are just some questions to ask yourself.
Heaven isn't known here very well because most ministers will not search for that kind of truth. God created us to always be seeking. What for? LOVE!!! Love is the key to salvation. How much do you love yourself? Do you have a past of abuse? Do you love those abusers? Forgiveness is a soul condition. It will stagnate your developement if you cannot forgive. We don't "sit at the right hand of Jesus or God" when we pass to our next phase of life. We go where our soul condition is fitted. Even the most notorious killers can become just like God. I have it on very good authority that Adolf Hitler is now a celestial being so no matter what one does in this life, there will be eternity to become like God. Look at this web site and you can learn about the spirit world and what happens after you die www.new-birth.net It's not like the ministers are teaching us. Just because someone says they teach from the bible or they are even the pope, does not mean they will go right to God and be like Him. It doesn't work that way. Your soul condition is what determines your place in Heaven. Even believing in Jesus and believing that He saves you from sin will not make you At-One with God. It doesn't work that way. Heaven and Hell are all part of the same place. Imaging God being a lightbulb. Each time you lie, cheat, steal, not love, your soul gets father and farther away from that light. You become a darker spirit. Even good deeds will not get you into Heaven by themselves. You must pray for and receive Gods very substance of Divine Love in order to become at-one with Him. You don't have to change your beliefs, just pray for It with ernestness and honesty and God's instrument, the Holy Spirit, will bring that into your soul. You cannot go through life going against God's harmony and then repent on the day you die to get into Heaven. It doesn't work like that. You must pray for Divine Love. That is the only salvation God gives freely.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity