U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-07-2009, 08:30 AM
 
Location: Gaston, North Carolina
4,213 posts, read 5,028,019 times
Reputation: 627

Advertisements

It seems as if the closer you get to God the more Satan accuses you of your past and tries to tempt you with your weaknesses. He is not omnipitant and I do not believe he can read your mind but he and his demons can read your body language, listen to your words, and watch your actions along with make suggestions to you that you may think are your own ideas. He will try anything he can to tempt you and pull you away from the Lord, but he cannot see your heart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-07-2009, 09:19 AM
 
Location: God's Country
21,636 posts, read 30,244,343 times
Reputation: 30179
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
1 John 4:4 "But you belong to God, my dear children. You have already won your fight with these false prophets, because the Spirit who live in you is greater that the spirit who lives in the world".
James 4:7 "So humble yourselves before God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you".
.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianinark View Post
I hope you do not think I am being contentious...but I really wonder what version of the bible your quotes are from???

I do agree, with God all things are possible. We can overcome any obstacle. I have been doing that for many years.
Why Marian, do you not agree with this Scripture? And by the way, it's from the New Living Translation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2009, 11:05 AM
 
Location: MI
1,289 posts, read 1,901,527 times
Reputation: 290
"The God of peace will soon crush Satan under your feet. The grace of our Lord Jesus be with you." Romans 16:20

I hope today is a good day for you in the Lord.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2009, 11:37 AM
 
Location: NW Arkansas
3,978 posts, read 7,627,772 times
Reputation: 3759
Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Why Marian, do you not agree with this Scripture? And by the way, it's from the New Living Translation.
I am just curious because it has so many more words in that first quote than other translations have. Actually I do prefer the other translations, espacially the NASB and the NKJV.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-07-2009, 08:32 PM
 
140 posts, read 409,634 times
Reputation: 58
I do believe that all of our problems come from satan. Yes, we make mistakes and poor decisions, but that comes from our sinful nature, which comes from satan. And though God does allow us to endure hard times, which is a test of our faith, He did not cause the problem itself. The example of terminal cancer was used earlier-- that happened w. my dad. Sudden diagnosis w. 6 mos and only lived 3. Though it was God that called him home, the cancer did not come from God- nor did my dad make a bad move that gave him cancer. It is because of our broken world that we endure illness and have a 100% mortality rate, and that does come from satan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2009, 08:12 AM
 
Location: NW Arkansas
3,978 posts, read 7,627,772 times
Reputation: 3759
Quote:
Originally Posted by supermom0204 View Post
I do believe that all of our problems come from satan. Yes, we make mistakes and poor decisions, but that comes from our sinful nature, which comes from satan. And though God does allow us to endure hard times, which is a test of our faith, He did not cause the problem itself. The example of terminal cancer was used earlier-- that happened w. my dad. Sudden diagnosis w. 6 mos and only lived 3. Though it was God that called him home, the cancer did not come from God- nor did my dad make a bad move that gave him cancer. It is because of our broken world that we endure illness and have a 100% mortality rate, and that does come from satan.
Could it not also come from the plagues that came upon the earth because of man's disobedience??? Satan did not send the plagues.
And if my understanding of the scriptures are correct...both the Old and the New, the plagues will only get worse due to man's disobedience.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2009, 09:57 AM
 
Location: Southwestern Ont., Canada
39 posts, read 60,517 times
Reputation: 38
Living in a time of grace (free gift) good things are available to us when we ask God. God keeps his promises and delivers. What happens is that Satan tries to trip up those good things for us and delay the delivery of receiving these things. Sometimes it's a matter of knowing how to pray effectively against Satan (binding up the strong man) and figure out where or through whom he may be tripping things up. Ask God to reveal to you where he may have a foothold and help you to pray effectively against it.
Also when I go through trying times , I find if i can try to sincerely praise and worship God for his goodness, that I experience his presence again and it reaffirms he still has his hand on the situation and has not abbandoned me. (He inhabits the praises of his people.) God Bless and praying for your promotion from this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2009, 10:00 AM
 
Location: Gaston, North Carolina
4,213 posts, read 5,028,019 times
Reputation: 627
Satan got the ball rolling by introducing sin into the world. Sure he does plenty of misguiding, persicuting and all out distruction, but it is also true that once man starts sinning it is hard to stop and that sin has saturated this world like cancer touching every aspect fo the physical world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-08-2009, 03:49 PM
 
Location: In God's country
1,059 posts, read 2,417,807 times
Reputation: 608
Thank you for your words. I agree with you about God. There are those times that feel that we are alone and vulnerable. I had a few days of feeling like such, however with friends kind words, i pushed through. I think i need to brush up on the prayers against Satan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gracegirl View Post
Living in a time of grace (free gift) good things are available to us when we ask God. God keeps his promises and delivers. What happens is that Satan tries to trip up those good things for us and delay the delivery of receiving these things. Sometimes it's a matter of knowing how to pray effectively against Satan (binding up the strong man) and figure out where or through whom he may be tripping things up. Ask God to reveal to you where he may have a foothold and help you to pray effectively against it.
Also when I go through trying times , I find if i can try to sincerely praise and worship God for his goodness, that I experience his presence again and it reaffirms he still has his hand on the situation and has not abbandoned me. (He inhabits the praises of his people.) God Bless and praying for your promotion from this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top