Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 05:48 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,441,578 times

Advertisements

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...ealed-off.html

What do you make of this? Do you believe there is other "intelligent" life ou
t there? And are they really trying to "make contact"? Is there anything about "possible" UFO's/other world's beside what we know in the bible? Would love to hear anyone's opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2009, 06:14 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,661,840 times
Default Amazing!

I don't know, but I can't help but believe that all those people who have said they have seen "something", and all the data on it that I've seen...the testimonies and all...have actually seen UFO"S! When I was 7 years old...my mom and I were turning a corner in our car heading home...a big red ball of red light flashed before our eyes...so quick, that it almost made you think you didn't see it...but we both saw it! Now it seems like a dream...very strange...

Old 01-13-2009, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
I don't know, but I can't help but believe that all those people who have said they have seen "something", and all the data on it that I've seen...the testimonies and all...have actually seen UFO"S! When I was 7 years old...my mom and I were turning a corner in our car heading home...a big red ball of red light flashed before our eyes...so quick, that it almost made you think you didn't see it...but we both saw it! Now it seems like a dream...very strange...
I've never seen any, but can you really discount all these people testimonies of sightings? From all over the world?

Old 01-13-2009, 06:42 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,661,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
I've never seen any, but can you really discount all these people testimonies of sightings? From all over the world?
One really can't Betsey...just too many of 'em...and in some instances...there have been 911 calls following the same sighting that would extend clear across the Midwest United States! How does that happen if there wasn't something up there?

Old 01-13-2009, 06:58 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,568,224 times
I believe in UFOs. Over the years in reading up on them I discovered that the little grey men could not be from another planet because they have eyes, ears, nose etc...If these beings were from another planet they would have had to evolve differntly from us, so if the little grey men do exist then their origin would have to be from the planet earth.
Secondly these objects would appear out of nowhere and disappear just as quick which have lead many to believe that they are not comming from outter space but inner space, a vortex if you will, from another dimension futhermore their ships are too small to make such a trip from their planet.
The ships have been known to move as fast as the speed of light and even make 90 degrees turns, if these aliens were terrestial there is no way they could survive such force, they would be crushed which again leads many to believe that they are not terrestrial but ethereal.
There was one thing connecting many who had some sort of contact with these UFOs is either they were directly or indirectly involved with the occult.

After all the documentaries, books etc....I am led to believe the little grey men are demons

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 01-13-2009 at 07:19 PM..

Old 01-13-2009, 07:14 PM

113 posts, read 175,270 times
Red face "Herb? Git th' 12ga, would'ja? Bessy's bawlin' a lot out'n the barn!

NOTE BEFORE YOU TRY TO CRUCIFY ME: THIS IS SUBMITTED WITH TONGUE IN CHEEK! YOU KNOW, TO SHOW THAT WE ATHEIST CHRISTIANS CAN HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR.

Perhaps it's how God has been visiting. Though of course he hasn't done anything verifiable after these sightings. My husband actually did see one once, along with his friend. Later, when they got home, a couple of other buddies called them up from across the county, and said, in very agitated voices "You should have seen what we just saw!".

Impossible? Obviously not; this was pretty much proof. Even to skeptical me! A better question is: what do they want, and why won't they communicate with us.

Perhaps they are worried about their own health because if, like in the movie Contact (Jodie Foster etc), the fundamentalist Christians might well want to blow them up if they were to tell us an alternate "truth", such as...

{sorta Grey, almond-eyed outer-world "being" standing in front of a quivering but armed farmer and his agitated wife, who is grasping her pastry roller quite hard...} "Oh that old "God" thing. You still believe in that? (he rotates his odd head, and whispers in a strange language: boys, get back in the ship, s l o w l y, and don't turn your backs on these archaic beings! Remember the planet Gorgon and what happened to Fred and Bob?)

{turns back to inquisitive but shotgun-wielding farmer who walked out to the sauce and resumes speaking twangy English, which he learned from watching old Mayberry RFD TV shows}: "We've run inta thet, or a version of it, on a bunch of them other inhabited planets. Usually as time has gone on, they reduce it down, for convenience or crowd control, to a single deity, and eventually it all gets proved to be bunk, and then it's safe for'n us'all, y'all. I personally lost one of my friends when his saucer was mobbed! Can we trust you to be open-minded? Ps: there really ain't NO GOD!"

Then he quickly gets back into the ship and off it goes, not to return for another, say 200 years. A virtual "Blink" in the space-time continuum that they could obviously warp in order to get here in the first place.

Imagine if one of their "safety" criteria is whether or not the religious evangelical TV shows are still being broadcast. Still on? NO GO. Not so much? OK TO GO.

Well, just a scenario, but what if.....?????? I'm just sayin...

Old 01-13-2009, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thotful1 View Post
NOTE BEFORE YOU TRY TO CRUCIFY ME: THIS IS SUBMITTED WITH TONGUE IN CHEEK! YOU KNOW, TO SHOW THAT WE ATHEIST CHRISTIANS CAN HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR.

Perhaps it's how God has been visiting. Though of course he hasn't done anything verifiable after these sightings. My husband actually did see one once, along with his friend. Later, when they got home, a couple of other buddies called them up from across the county, and said, in very agitated voices "You should have seen what we just saw!".

Impossible? Obviously not; this was pretty much proof. Even to skeptical me! A better question is: what do they want, and why won't they communicate with us.

Perhaps they are worried about their own health because if, like in the movie Contact (Jodie Foster etc), the fundamentalist Christians might well want to blow them up if they were to tell us an alternate "truth", such as...

{sorta Grey, almond-eyed outer-world "being" standing in front of a quivering but armed farmer and his agitated wife, who is grasping her pastry roller quite hard...} "Oh that old "God" thing. You still believe in that? (he rotates his odd head, and whispers in a strange language: boys, get back in the ship, s l o w l y, and don't turn your backs on these archaic beings! Remember the planet Gorgon and what happened to Fred and Bob?)

{turns back to inquisitive but shotgun-wielding farmer who walked out to the sauce and resumes speaking twangy English, which he learned from watching old Mayberry RFD TV shows}: "We've run inta thet, or a version of it, on a bunch of them other inhabited planets. Usually as time has gone on, they reduce it down, for convenience or crowd control, to a single deity, and eventually it all gets proved to be bunk, and then it's safe for'n us'all, y'all. I personally lost one of my friends when his saucer was mobbed! Can we trust you to be open-minded? Ps: there really ain't NO GOD!"

Then he quickly gets back into the ship and off it goes, not to return for another, say 200 years. A virtual "Blink" in the space-time continuum that they could obviously warp in order to get here in the first place.

Imagine if one of their "safety" criteria is whether or not the religious evangelical TV shows are still being broadcast. Still on? NO GO. Not so much? OK TO GO.

Well, just a scenario, but what if.....?????? I'm just sayin...

Original.

Old 01-13-2009, 07:42 PM

1,366 posts, read 3,347,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fundamentalist View Post
After all the documentaries, books etc....I am led to believe the little grey men are demons
Though not certain, after much thought and study, I came to the conclusion years ago that demons could be these aliens. Do the math and it'll probably make sense. I could be wrong, my wife says it's what I do best

Old 01-13-2009, 07:48 PM

8,989 posts, read 14,568,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNKY View Post
Though not certain, after much thought and study, I came to the conclusion years ago that demons could be these aliens. Do the math and it'll probably make sense. I could be wrong, my wife says it's what I do best
Yuppers, I just don't believe these highly intelligent beings want to give anal probes, slice animals in half, make crop circles, appear in a man's backyard looking through his daughter's windowm "asking for directions"? If these being are so advanced, so intelligent when are they going to land on the White House lawn. It's about time.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:14 PM

13,640 posts, read 24,512,386 times
I believe there is intelligent life besides us out there somewhere in the vast Universe..But I believe all the little green, gray, purple men are only figments of overactive minds and 15 minutes of fame seekers
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity