Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2009, 06:53 AM

9,732 posts, read 4,063,385 times

Advertisements

"To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven.
A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to reap that which is planted.
A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to to mourn, and a time to dance.
A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace and a time to refrain from embracing.
A time to get and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence and a time to speak;
A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace."
Ecclesiastes 3: 1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2009, 02:15 PM

373 posts, read 256,938 times
Bible quote, 1 John 3:18 NRSV
Let us love, not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Old 08-31-2009, 06:06 AM

9,732 posts, read 4,063,385 times
Death is not extinguishing the light from the Christian; it is putting out the lamp because the dawn has come.

Old 08-31-2009, 06:39 AM

240 posts, read 437,343 times
Default Psams 23:1-6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
"Suddenly there was a great burst of light through the Darkness. The light spread out and where it touched the Darkness the Darkness disappeared. The light spread until the patch of Dark Thing had vanished, and there was only a gentle shining, and through the shining came the stars, clear and pure."
- Madeleine L'Engle, A Wrinkle in Time

I've been worrying a lot lately as I suppose many others have and finally had a good cry. I happened to have a random conversation yesterday with someone who seemed to share my concerns--'What Is Going to Happen to the US/World' and then remembered a book I had read that provided some perspective, a few LOL's and was a 'Can't Put It Down' read and then I happened to meet the person again while walking my dog. Coincidence--I think so and so I asked her if she had read this series, Outlander by Diana Gabaldon and she said she would love to read a book(s) like that. So I gave it to her and felt 'a great burst of light through the Darkness'.

Diana Gabaldon and Madeleine L'Engle are 2 authors that I think are exceptional.

I'd love to hear of others.
tia

this is my favorite because it covers alot.First of all Iam never in want or need because of who my shepherd is so I believe that no matter what I think about God already has supplied..

When I need rest he supplied a place to lay my head thats soft and a peaceful place beside stiil waters a place of peace,to where he can bring restoration to my inner man,and set me on the right path to keep me from danger.
Even though I may go through some trials and tribulation that could take my life I dont worry cause I know that my Father is with me,he said he would never leave me nor forsake me.(hello)
He is always there to comfort me when I need him to just take his arms(rod&staff)to hold me.
When the enemy tries to discredit me,slay me or talk about me he prepares a table of his riches for me in their face.(He got my back),then he will anoint me and cause my blessings to run over.All that Iasked for and then some.
My father lets me know that I am royalty and need protection so wherever I go he sends his best secret service mens with me (goodness and mercy) has to be with me 24/7 all the days of my life even though I'm dwelling in his house.God has got me covered.

Old 08-31-2009, 07:04 AM

Men spend their lives in anticipations,in determining to be vastly happy at some period when they have time. But the present time has one advantage over every otherit is our own. Past opportunities are gone, future have not come. We may lay in a stock of pleasures, as we would lay in a stock of wine; but if we defer the tasting of them too long, we shall find that both are soured by age.
Charles Caleb Colton

Old 10-07-2009, 08:09 AM

Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that,
but the really great ones make you feel that you too, can become great.
- Mark Twain

Old 10-10-2009, 12:37 PM

Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken winged bird that cannot fly.
Lanston Hughes

Old 11-03-2009, 03:28 PM

Happy are those who dream dreams and are ready to pay the price to make them come true.
Leon J. Suenes

Last edited by favoured; 11-03-2009 at 03:30 PM.. Reason: Typos

Old 11-17-2009, 10:40 AM

Nothing is as real as a dream. The world can change around you, but your dream will not.
Responsibilities need not erase it. Duties need not obscure it.
Because the dream is within you, no one can take it away.
- Unknown

Old 11-27-2009, 04:04 PM

2,212 posts, read 545,398 times
Default Working For God

- James Hudson Taylor -

When God wants to do His great works He trains somebody to be quiet enough and little enough, then He uses that person.

Albert Finch (Facebook)
Twitter.com/aliosias
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity