Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2010, 11:18 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,301,683 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicchaos View Post
I heard God's voice after crying and praying on my knees three years ago after recieving terrible news and I wanted to ask for forgiveness and ask if there was anything I could do so that I wouldnt face the chance of damnation, really in fear! The next morning I awoke to an audible voice in the room that only I could hear saying, "Your Marvelous" as my eyes opened that morning. His voice is booming! Not because it is too loud but because it is so strong! I jumped up out of bed and I was at peace and full of joy in an instant. But two nights later the adversary showed up in my dream to size me up.... but thats another story.

Anthony Young
anthonylyoung@hotmail.com
Wow, that is amazing. I would like to hear the rest of the story. If you don't feel confortable telling the rest, you can email me. Trust me, I want laugh or think that you are crazy. It took me some time to finally share my experience without fear of what others would think. You can send me your story personally through my mail here or email, shawn_2828@yahoo.com. Thanks for sharing your story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2010, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterKat View Post
Wow....what a wonderful thread. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading all of your wonderful messages. Thank you for sharing. I have a story to share one day soon too.

Beautiful!
Look forward to hearing your experience.

Old 03-25-2010, 12:22 PM

5 posts, read 9,258 times
Here is my story. I was warming up to run a 2 mile race and heard my name in an audible voice and I stopped running and stood there and heard it again and knew it was God and said yes lord and waited. God said see that man, and a man ran right past me, and God said he is looking for me. Well the race soon started and I could not catch up to the man, I fell down and my nose started bleeding and I got a cramp, this never happens and I knew the Devil was fighting me. After the race I saw the man standing on a picnic bench and he was talking to a group of runners about end times and he was very knowledgable. After the crowd left, I asked him if he was saved because he was very knowledgable about revelation and end times and he said no, he had just gotton hold of a book on it and was studying it. He said he would very much like to be saved, but wasnt sure how. Well needless to say, I told him. Wow can you believe there are still people who do not know this? God still needs us to do his work. It was a simple job but very important.

Old 03-25-2010, 12:29 PM

2,031 posts, read 3,223,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melissanurse1 View Post
Here is my story. I was warming up to run a 2 mile race and heard my name in an audible voice and I stopped running and stood there and heard it again and knew it was God and said yes lord and waited. God said see that man, and a man ran right past me, and God said he is looking for me. Well the race soon started and I could not catch up to the man, I fell down and my nose started bleeding and I got a cramp, this never happens and I knew the Devil was fighting me. After the race I saw the man standing on a picnic bench and he was talking to a group of runners about end times and he was very knowledgable. After the crowd left, I asked him if he was saved because he was very knowledgable about revelation and end times and he said no, he had just gotton hold of a book on it and was studying it. He said he would very much like to be saved, but wasnt sure how. Well needless to say, I told him. Wow can you believe there are still people who do not know this? God still needs us to do his work. It was a simple job but very important.
Praise God!!

Old 03-28-2010, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Wow, that is amazing. I'm sure glad you were obedient to the voice of the Lord. My Pastor actually spoke on this today. Being obedient to God has blessings and you sure were a blessing to that man that day.

I was just wondering. When you said yes Lord and He actually gave you the rest of what He had to say. Was it aubible, or did He speak to you within your spirit?

I enjoy reading other peoples experiences and often forget about my own due to me getting excited when I read the encounters that they have with God. I once read a book where the man was saying something like, we often look to have an encounter with God, but don't realize when God actually speaks or says something to us, that is the encounter.

God's voice is so amazing. Lately, God has been speaking to me differently than what He use to from when I started, but I understand why I heard God in such a way before. Now, He speaks within my spirit, and often gives an impression in my spirit to do something, say something to someone, not to do things, come to Him, slow down, and the amazing thing is, He sometimes do this without saying a word. It's like a prompting in my spirit.

Funny, but once I had a prompt to completely go through my cd case and get rid of every cd that didn't glorify God. I was like what. First, I went through and only got rid of the cds, I thought I didn't need and thought I was done. But, God once again prompted me to go through my cd case again, so I did. I went through the same process. Threw the cds away that I thought that maybe God didn't want me to have. Once again I thought ok, I'm done. I only had one cd that I liked. To my knowledge, it had no cussing, nothing bad in the words, so I thought ok, I'm good.

God once again told me to go through my cd case (Now by God telling me to do this, it wasn't a voice, it was simply a prompting in my spirit to go through my cd case and get rid of them, like a feeling and a knowing, but when I heard the Lord say listen, it was within my spirit, I'm sure you understand, but for those who don't). I was like God I only have this cd and it's not bad. I heard Him say within my spirit, Listen, so I did. I listened to the words and to my amazement, he wasn't cussing, but was talking about sex, but in a way that I knew God didn't want me to have the cd. So, I had to get rid of the cd.

I know this experience that I had with the Lord may seem small. But felt the need to share this because someone out there is learning how to listen to the Lords voice and may simply need a simple encounter that someone had with the Lord. God's voice doesn't always come with a loud bang. He may say something without even saying a word. I use to have a lot of promptings to do something, and didn't realize at the time it was the Lord. But now I understand that God can speak to us in different ways. This is not the thread, but I am even learning to recognize My Father's voice in dreams. So, there is no limit to what God will do to make sure He gets through to us.

Thank you for sharing

Last edited by Miss Shawn_2828; 03-28-2010 at 07:06 PM..

Old 04-11-2010, 06:04 PM

Miss Shawn, He called my name in an audible voice twice, and then I listened and he was talking to my spirit after that. When he speaks its loud but still a whisper, that penetrates your entire being. Very amazing, I told God I love when you speak to me Audibly, and since spoke to me in the mall another occassion , but still only heard Melissa audible, and he told me to slow down, meaning in life.. Both times, I only heard my name, the rest is through his spirit.

Old 04-11-2010, 06:07 PM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times
God never speaks to Tony. Not even a whisper. Something's seriously wrong

Old 04-11-2010, 06:11 PM

Theres nothing wrong, maybe Im just hard to get through to

Old 04-12-2010, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Miss Shawn, He called my name in an audible voice twice, and then I listened and he was talking to my spirit after that. When he speaks its loud but still a whisper, that penetrates your entire being. Very amazing, I told God I love when you speak to me Audibly, and since spoke to me in the mall another occassion , but still only heard Melissa audible, and he told me to slow down, meaning in life.. Both times, I only heard my name, the rest is through his spirit.
Wow, thanks for sharing.

Old 04-12-2010, 10:04 PM

190 posts, read 465,661 times
???????????????????????????????????????????????/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity