Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 08:52 AM

8,155 posts, read 21,015,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harold Kupp View Post
Hmmmm so far no intelligent discussion - reference to the Biblical/historical facts or even the comments by recognized Biblical scholars...

So far only unsupported opinions and personal criticisms.

HK
We don't care at this point.

Capiche?

http://aretebreeding.com/images/640-all%20names/whirlie%20tail%20chase.jpg (broken link)

Old 02-10-2009, 09:10 AM

302 posts, read 554,045 times
Default The disciple is not above his master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
I agree.....

Matthew 15:10 Then he called the crowd to him and said, “Listen and understand. 15:11 What defiles a person is not what goes into the mouth; it is what comes out of the mouth that defiles a person.” 15:12 Then the disciples came to him and said, “Do you know that when the Pharisees heard this saying they were offended?” 15:13 And he replied, “Every plant that my heavenly Father did not plant will be uprooted. 15:14 Leave them! They are blind guides. If someone who is blind leads another who is blind, both will fall into a pit.”
Harold and I have accurately quoted the words of Jesus and the apostles. So if you are having a problem, it is with the source of our quotes ...

"The disciple is not above his master, nor the servant above his lord. It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more shall they call them of his household?" Matthew 10:24-25

Donna Kupp

Old 02-10-2009, 10:28 AM

2,529 posts, read 4,353,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna Kupp View Post
Harold and I have accurately quoted the words of Jesus and the apostles. So if you are having a problem, it is with the source of our quotes ...

Donna Kupp
Why do people say this, when they know a Christian has no problem with the Word of God? Obviously if someone disagrees with another, it's not the Word they have a problem with, it's a person's interpretation.

Old 02-10-2009, 10:30 AM

2,255 posts, read 5,400,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JViello View Post
We don't care at this point.

Capiche?
EXACTLY

Old 02-10-2009, 10:39 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,187,542 times
Quote:

"The disciple is not above his master, nor the servant above his lord. It is enough for the disciple that he be as his master, and the servant as his lord. If they have called the master of the house Beelzebub, how much more shall they call them of his household?" Matthew 10:24-25

Donna Kupp
I appreciate a healthy discussion on biblical topics such as this; I do however see a deeper issue than the OP stated. If having no sin means having no guilt, those with seared consciences have been given the white stone of aquittal.

I see the issue of sin as being rooted in the carnal nature of the flesh. To be free from sin is only possible by being crucified to the flesh. This is of course a work of the Holy Spirit in our lives as we take up our daily crosses.

A little deeper here: http://www.city-data.com/forum/5838771-post6.html

Old 02-10-2009, 11:44 AM

988 posts, read 1,904,053 times
[quote=little elmer;7405912]I appreciate a healthy discussion on biblical topics such as this; I do however see a deeper issue than the OP stated. If having no sin means having no guilt, those with seared consciences have been given the white stone of aquittal.

John's warning was that the false teachers would say that even though you commit sin you would have no guilt. That is exactly what many teach today.. If you believe in Jesus and commit sin you are not guilty in God's eyes... the blood of Christ covers you and God cannot see your sins etc.

The interesting thing is that many of those who love to quote the "if you say you have no sin" verse are speaking of themselves.

HK

Old 02-10-2009, 11:47 AM

988 posts, read 1,904,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzjamiedawn View Post
Why do people say this, when they know a Christian has no problem with the Word of God? Obviously if someone disagrees with another, it's not the Word they have a problem with, it's a person's interpretation.

Very true... and that is the whole point of studying the meaning of words and how they are used in context -

The case in point (have no sin) is a good example of people seeing what they want to see rather than the actual meaning.

As you can see from some of the responses those who commit sin have no interest in learning anything to contradict their interpretation.

HK

Old 02-10-2009, 01:00 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,169,325 times
Quote:
Very true... and that is the whole point of studying the meaning of words and how they are used in context -

The case in point (have no sin) is a good example of people seeing what they want to see rather than the actual meaning.

As you can see from some of the responses those who commit sin have no interest in learning anything to contradict their interpretation.

HK
Then why not explain yourself clearly from the get-go? Do you enjoy the uproar you cause in individuals?

I'm sorry, but I see nothing of Jesus in any of your posts. I see no caring as the apostles did in their letters.

Just as we all do, you have work to do. Come down to our level and fellowship with us instead of trying to preach to us all the time.

Old 02-10-2009, 01:20 PM

2,529 posts, read 4,353,706 times
Quote:

HK
If I've understood you correctly in all your threads, you believe sins of ignorance are forgiven, but not willful sin? But if you take the Word literally to mean "have NO sin"...then why do you allow sins of ignorance?

Old 02-10-2009, 03:16 PM

63,855 posts, read 40,142,148 times
Quote:
You have not accurately INTERPRETED those quotes, Donna. Literalists may be blind guides leading many into pits . . . but those who clearly have some knowledge and mislead bear a heavier burden. I wish I could just credit your motives in chastising those who DO falsely claim love and adherence to God and Jesus as they willfully reject the holy spirit in their hearts (blaspheme the holy spirit . . . which is the only unforgivable sin) and maintain a "state of mind" that is anathema to God. But your false and rigid interpretations of Jesus's love and acceptance (and your acceptance of the savage descriptions of God in the OT) makes you major stumbling blocks to the majority who are not such as those I just described. I caution you again . . . you are under a heavier burden.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity