Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 06:22 PM

1,052 posts, read 1,648,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
LOL, trolling, I was merely correcting your error.

Yes I am a "fundy", what does that have to do with fact checking others?

I believe June is quite capable of knowing simple anatomy and the difference between trolling and correcting.

Generalizing can be dangerous especially when you criticize someone elses education.

You really need to read the Bible, June has and she is very good with her knowledge and is not so critical of others.

Peace
Your reputation from other threads leaked onto this one

As for your bolded, the OP assumed that because something has wastes coming out of it, it is an unnatural place or thing to be used for an sexual act. I was merely pointing out the stupidity of his/her argument. I like how you side-tracked from that point as well Though, the message (bolded) is understood and hopefully, the concept will not be abused in the future

Finally, I get enough Bible quotes from people on this forum, therefore I don't need to read it

Have a good day

Last edited by Le Lune; 03-19-2010 at 06:32 PM..

Old 03-20-2010, 01:10 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Jaymax, I know you hate the Bible because it doesnt support your view, but does that make it wrong? Of course not. Could you be wrong? Of course, unless you have meraculously became God which I doubt.
You "know I hate the Bible because it doesn't support my view"?
Really?

Sorry, but you would be wrong....again.

I don't "hate" the Bible at all. And it's obvious that you haven't got a clue about what my views or my motivations are.

Let me give you a hint: I post in threads like this to get people who abuse and misuse the Bible to support their own views and prejudices, to be more accountable for their claims of knowing what "God thinks or wants".

Sadly, those that like to select verses out of context to use against others, don't seem to have even read the whole Bible, let alone studied it. Or have any idea of the ancient cultures in which in was written.

Old 03-20-2010, 05:14 PM

15 posts, read 22,544 times
I checked in my Bibles for references of soul mates in Heaven, two halfs of a soul on earth being one afterwards, pretty much what happens after we go to heaven. This is what the KJV Bible told me.
Quote:
Mat 22:23 The same day came to him the Sadducees, which say that there is no resurrection, and asked him,
Mat 22:24 Saying, Master, Moses said, If a man die, having no children, his brother shall marry his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother.
Mat 22:25 Now there were with us seven brethren: and the first, when he had married a wife, deceased, and, having no issue, left his wife unto his brother:
Mat 22:26 Likewise the second also, and the third, unto the seventh.
Mat 22:27 And last of all the woman died also.
Mat 22:28 Therefore in the resurrection whose wife shall she be of the seven? for they all had her.
Mat 22:29 Jesus answered and said unto them, Ye do err, not knowing the scriptures, nor the power of God.
Mat 22:30 For in the resurrection they neither marry, nor are given in marriage, but are as the angels of God in heaven.
Quote:
Mar 12:18 Then come unto him the Sadducees, which say there is no resurrection; and they asked him, saying,
Mar 12:19 Master, Moses wrote unto us, If a man's brother die, and leave his wife behind him, and leave no children, that his brother should take his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother.
Mar 12:20 Now there were seven brethren: and the first took a wife, and dying left no seed.
Mar 12:21 And the second took her, and died, neither left he any seed: and the third likewise.
Mar 12:22 And the seven had her, and left no seed: last of all the woman died also.
Mar 12:23 In the resurrection therefore, when they shall rise, whose wife shall she be of them? for the seven had her to wife.
Mar 12:24 And Jesus answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the power of God?
Mar 12:25 For when they shall rise from the dead, they neither marry, nor are given in marriage; but are as the angels which are in heaven.
Quote:
Luk 20:27 Then came to him certain of the Sadducees, which deny that there is any resurrection; and they asked him,
Luk 20:28 Saying, Master, Moses wrote unto us, If any man's brother die, having a wife, and he die without children, that his brother should take his wife, and raise up seed unto his brother.
Luk 20:29 There were therefore seven brethren: and the first took a wife, and died without children.
Luk 20:30 And the second took her to wife, and he died childless.
Luk 20:31 And the third took her; and in like manner the seven also: and they left no children, and died.
Luk 20:32 Last of all the woman died also.
Luk 20:33 Therefore in the resurrection whose wife of them is she? for seven had her to wife.
Luk 20:34 And Jesus answering said unto them, The children of this world marry, and are given in marriage:
Luk 20:35 But they which shall be accounted worthy to obtain that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marry, nor are given in marriage:
Luk 20:36 Neither can they die any more: for they are equal unto the angels; and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.
As for suicide rates of gays I could not determine by using Google (Obviously it wouldn't be in the Bible :P). Here's an interesting tidbit I did find on-line though.
Quote:
Suicide rates, risks and prevention strategies | Mind
LGB people are considered to be at high risk of suicide. The causes are thought to be linked to their negative experiences relating to their sexuality. However, it is difficult to establish the true risk of suicide for this group, as sexual orientation is not recorded when death is registered. NIHME has therefore commissioned research to identify the risk factors for this group.
It's pretty hard to find suicide rates of homosexuals if their sexual preference isn't recorded.

Quote:
Suicides among gay and lesbian youths
Numbers of gay and lesbian youth suicides:

The Universal Almanac 1 listed a total of 4,960 completed suicides among US youth aged 15 to 24 years of age in 1993. They quote a National Center for Health Statistics report. 2 The true numbers are probably a lot higher, because many deaths categorized as accidents are really suicides.
Statistics of gay and lesbian youth are hard to find.
  • The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services estimated 3 that "as many as 30% of completed youth suicides each year" are performed by gays and lesbians. Unfortunately, many information sources have quoted the 30% as if it is an absolute figure. The Department indicates that it is 30% or fewer. If we assume that the 30% figure is valid and that it is constant across the age range of 15 to 24 years, then approximately 1,488 suicides per year are committed by homosexual youth. If we assume that gays comprise 5% of the total number of youth, then the 1,488 suicides represent an excess of 1240 suicides related to their sexual orientation.
  • The Guardian, an English newspaper reported on a study by Dr Ian Rivers, a senior lecturer in social psychology at York, St John College in England. He suggests that there could be as many as 46,000 young people being bullied for their real or perceived sexual orientation in British secondary schools. Any child who does not conform to the norms current in their school can find themselves described as gay or lesbian, regardless of whether they are or not. So the boy who is not keen on football can be targeted, as can the girl who is not interested in make-up. Rivers has looked at the effects of homophobic bullying on young gays and lesbians and found that more than half considered suicide because of aggression at school, and that 40% of that group had actually tried to kill themselves; three-quarters of these had tried to kill themselves more than once.
Still I'm not finding actual statistics with numbers for suicidal rates in England. I'm not going to give it credit in either case because it's a Christian site that could have it's own agenda in mind.

National Statistics Online (http://www.statistics.gov.uk/cci/nugget.asp?id=1092 - broken link)

Doesn't show sexual preference at all. Until sexual preference is recorded in with the suicide data then you will never get the statistics that you are looking for. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Old 03-20-2010, 10:41 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,856,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happynoodleboycey View Post
Just echoing Deguire really, the Bible also endorses sickening violence too but do you? I understand that it's difficult for you to question your faith but you can't call yourself a Christian and then pick and choose what you want to follow within from Bible. The Bible is a book, plain and simple. It was written by humans and therefore will have human influence within it too (the number of contradictions contained within in certainly does not suggest the work of a supreme being) so it's impossible to take any of its contents at face value. It's peddled by Christians as a book that preaches love and peace but in reality it also preaches a lot of seriously despicable things too. Those are just conveniently forgotten in these sorts of arguments though.
Yuo would loo at aniaml life as cruel too is my guess and see amny what you call dispcitable things. that is based onyour upbring and what you consider logic. But it is reality. many things in the bible man may not like but it is reality and the word of god. mn's loci is strange when he says this killing is dispictable but will kill unborn children for no reason other than it advantage as he/she see it to his life.

Old 03-22-2010, 04:20 PM

5,503 posts, read 5,570,961 times
LOVE GOD AND YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF...

Look for the GOOD for it is RARE...you don't have to look for SIN for it is abound...and WE are all guilty of it.

Old 03-23-2010, 05:41 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,384,541 times
And one of my favourite passages:

1 Corinthians 13

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

Old 03-23-2010, 09:03 AM

4,213 posts, read 5,835,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaymax View Post
And one of my favourite passages:

1 Corinthians 13

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Very good selection but howmany trully follow it?

Old 03-23-2010, 09:11 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,509,987 times
This thread is going to the far dark corner of the shelf..It is full of graphic posts, name calling and off topic posts..

c l o s e d
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity